Gripboard Movie Gallery Update

Bill Piche

Thanks alot!! It's to bad that I couldn't close it with my left hand, because I've closed it a couple of times before. But it was after squat/deadlift training.

EDIT: How many has certified with the creditcard rule before me?

Edited by Mart|n

Outstanding!

Thanks alot! Now IronMind got all info they need! So I should be on the list shortly :)

Thanks alot!! It's to bad that I couldn't close it with my left hand, because I've closed it a couple of times before. But it was after squat/deadlift training.

EDIT: How many has certified with the creditcard rule before me?

Martin,

Congrats to you and an awesome accomplishment!! :bow:bow

As to how many have certified under the new rule, you'd probably have to contact IronMind about that. I'm thinking - and this would be a pure guess - less than 10 guys so far. It's more difficult to cert under the new rule so it makes what you just did all the sweeter! :happy

BTW, throw some stats our way. Height, weight, how long training, etc.

Thanks! :)

Sybersnott: I've written in the newbie thread a couple of days ago but I can copy it here too! Here it comes :) Just ignore the weight ok? :)

Hello! My name is Martin Arildsson. I'm from Sweden>Malmö. I'm 19 years old, about 182 cm long and weight too much, 132±2 kg I've been training for almost five years. I started with weighttraining a couple of months before my fifteenth birthday. At that time I weighed about 90 kg. I responded quickly to the weightliftning and went past all my friends in strength/size pretty fast. I started with powerlifting in mid april 2003. And have done a couple of competitions. Almost with Personal Bests in every competion/discipline. My last powerlifting contest was Youth-Nordic Championship, where I squatted 250 kg easy, benched 182,5 and deadlifted 252,5 kg. The total is 685, the next contest I'm aiming for 720!

About the grip!

I bought my first grippers in 2002. Guess it was CoC T, CoC #1 and CoC #2. At first i could barely close my #1 but after a couple of traning sessions I closed #2 without any problems. After I competed in LGC december 2002, I didn't train any grip at all for several months. Maybe I trained them 1 or 2 times a month, no more. In late february 2004 I tried to be a bit more serious so I started crushing my CoC #2 and maxed at CoC #3 . I trained with them on and off from february till the start of May when I closed it the first time (seventh may) with my right hand. I closed my CoC #3 with the left hand the 19/5.

EDIT: Sorry if the text isn't that good, because English is my second language!

Edited by Mart|n

Nice video ... total domination of the gripper. :rock Congrats to you Martin! Hopefully I will not be far behind you on the Ironmind list.

Thanks! I hope it goes good for you! When do you think that you are ready for the certification?

Thanks! I hope it goes good for you! When do you think that you are ready for the certification?

It's hard to say, but my goal is to close it under the new IM rules in the next 4 weeks.

As to how many have certified under the new rule, you'd probably have to contact IronMind about that. I'm thinking - and this would be a pure guess - less than 10 guys so far. It's more difficult to cert under the new rule so it makes what you just did all the sweeter! :happy

I think you're way off base here Sybersnott. The following are 2004 COCs:

Terry Stanfill

Dan McWhorter

Jim Gahnfelt

Jonathan Creason

Florian Kellersmann

Stan Vegar

Eric H. Godfrey

Alex Graven

Yuichi Yokoyama

Jason Adamski

Chad Woodall

Shawn Littleton

Martin Arildsson

I remember that Eric H. Godfrey (bender) certified under old rules, meaning that there are no more than 6 certified under new rules. I know that Shawn Littleton certified under new rules, I'm not sure about anybody before that.

Possibly too strongly worded! What I meant is that I have a feeling that the actual number is 2, his post suggested it could be as many as 9.

Clearly the statement is true, my point was that I believe it to be misleading.

Thanks again!

About how many who has certified... I'm the third one. I asked IronMind about it!