Gripboard Movie Gallery Update

Bill Piche

mooinabc1-I warm up with several reps of rafter pull-ups on two separate rafters 32" apart. I will then do a single rep with a light weight and gradually work my way up to the 88 pound KB. I then so some jumping and catching the 2 rafters 32" apart and then 16" apart. Next I will work on the tricks that I showed in the video and some others that I have not achieved yet. My rafter workout, with the exception of the warm-up and gradually working my way up to heavy weighted rafter pull-ups is very random. I just work on what I want to work on that day. I know that I am getting a great pinch grip workout but it seems more like playing. I then do my strength training workout which consists of a few sets of low reps of heavy weighted pull-ups (on a bar) alternated with some type of overhead press. I then do some type of lower body exercise (usually one legged squats). I then do a few sets of a couple of abdominal exercises (hanging leg raise, abdominal wheel, front levers, or dragon flags).

Brad

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Brad

• Bill Piche

• MIKE HALEY RILEY CLOE

• Darco

not impressed.....J/K IM VERY IMPRESSED.

how many of you went down and tried it. lol

i live in an apt cant try,but couldent do.

brad how do you do with grippers?

king crusher- I am not a good crusher. I have a #1 at work that I squeeze a couple of times with each hand when I make a phone call or when I get stressed if I have access to them at the time (I used to have stress ball but it was just more annoying because it did not give enough resistance). I have not seriously trained my crush grip yet. I keep saying that I will but I always seem to have something else that I would rather do.

Brad

Hey Brad - wanna go rock climbing, you can go first and take the rope up so we mere mortals can follow you. Awesome job!!!! In all seriousness, climbing might be a great sport for you to try.

The only other people I've seen doing mulitple rafter chinups where climbers. (On video, not with my own eyes). I dont think I've seen it done with extra weight :blink

Climber511-I would love to give climbing a try. Unfortunately I live in Kansas. A climbing wall was just added to a local YMCA so I am thinking about joining. It looks like it would be a lot of fun!

Brad

very cool vid! haven't tried the one rafter pull up in a looong time, doubt I could do it now. May start working on these again after the europeans... you got me pumped!

do try climbing, you will probably love it!!