Morgan's Grip Log

maidenfan

21 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Those are nice plates man! How are you liking sidewinder?

Liked it so much I bought the twister version the other day.  I already know it’ll be a great piece of equipment.  I’ve been on a quest to pair down all my gym crap as I’m tired to lugging it around.  Both of these will take care of most of my grip needs.  Add an adjustable gripper like the Vulcan and a spinning fat handle and you’re covered.  Gone are the days of 400lbs of blobs and fat DBs 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Those are nice plates man! How are you liking sidewinder?

I’m pretty serious OCD guy and I appreciate (and at times don’t mind paying for) quality stuff.  This guy makes some nice stuff.  Like it almost as much as my Concept 2 equipment. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

I’m pretty serious OCD guy and I appreciate (and at times don’t mind paying for) quality stuff.  This guy makes some nice stuff.  Like it almost as much as my Concept 2 equipment. 

I feel 100% the same way about both my C2 rower and sidewinders.

they are expensive but the sidewinders will last a life time and you can do so much with it. 

6 minutes ago, maidenfan said:

Liked it so much I bought the twister version the other day.  I already know it’ll be a great piece of equipment.  I’ve been on a quest to pair down all my gym crap as I’m tired to lugging it around.  Both of these will take care of most of my grip needs.  Add an adjustable gripper like the Vulcan and a spinning fat handle and you’re covered.  Gone are the days of 400lbs of blobs and fat DBs 

You are going to love the sidetwister! The tension knob for lack of better words on it itself is great. I’ll use it with one finger at a time and thumb.

• Like 1

1 hour of intervals.  Bike, treadmill, incline DB presses, seated DB snatches, curls, wrist curls, farmers walks w 100lb plates, sidewinder, hammer, and pony clamp on the treadmill

C8C93BAD-C6E9-42E1-B3BA-CBCF3AE4FF5A.jpeg

• Like 2

46 mins of intervals: Bike, treadmill, 2.5” RT holds for time, 2” lawnmower rows, sidewinder, pony clamp.

E443C610-3875-4ACB-BEB3-73C0A7520271.jpeg

• Like 3

Know I already commented about those hundos...but they really are some sweet looking plates.  Major score!

• Like 3

On 6/5/2024 at 11:00 AM, Douglas Carney said:

Know I already commented about those hundos...but they really are some sweet looking plates.  Major score!

For sure.  They have some “Arnold” versions on their website that are pretty cool, as well (not price, though)

• Like 3

On 6/5/2024 at 11:00 AM, Douglas Carney said:

For sure.  They have some “Arnold” versions on their website that are pretty cool, as well (not price, though)

Not sure what happened with the double post, sorry

Posted (edited)

Picked up another piece of equipment to perfect my “retirement” gym: a Rogue C60B stainless, shorty bar.  

Been using it for a few days now and it’s perfect for my style of training (no rack, tight spaces).  Enough space in the middle to allow snatch grips (for me) and enough space to allow 4x55lb (465lbs total) calibrated plates per side with my preferred collar (Croc-locals).  You could easily get another 55lb plate on w half a collars grip

Perfect knurling as well.  465 is plenty for an old dude that likes intervals with the occasional heavy DL  

IMG_9271.jpeg

IMG_9272.jpeg

IMG_9273.jpeg

Edited by maidenfan
  • Like 2

Way cool bar

• Like 2

Intervals of: BikeErg (DF130), incline DB presses, DB rows, DB military press, fingertip farmers walks (110 per hand), bar hangs for time.  Good workout.

F8584DFC-5970-4BDA-ABEF-1484E974FCFF.jpeg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Haven’t posted much, still training.  Just wanted to share a new tool I got from Arm Assassin - love it.  One of the better tools I’ve purchased for grip/arm wrestling over the years.   $55 shipped USA (worth it).  Very easy to build if you have the tools  

tried to add a video, but it won’t load   Basically a handle to do wrist curls/extensions with a sledgehammer   Love it

Hodgson Wrist Trainer: 

IMG_0473.jpeg

IMG_0474.jpeg

IMG_0475.jpeg

IMG_0476.jpeg

IMG_0477.jpeg

• Like 4

Supper cool, I think that might be the next thing to build 

• 1 month later...

Haven’t been posting much as I’ve been struggling with life a bit, but my daily workouts never fail, regardless of how they turn out.  Hope everyone is well

yesterday: BikeErg, 2” bar chin-ups, grip (wrist roller & grippers)

today: 90 mins of incline treadmill, pull-ups/chin-ups, KB C&P, grip work

A6475207-5188-45CD-B1FF-7FFD0C512A14.jpeg

C8AB8005-2DAC-4502-AC17-87A34E7227B8.jpeg

• Like 3

18 hours ago, maidenfan said:

Haven’t been posting much as I’ve been struggling with life a bit, but my daily workouts never fail, regardless of how they turn out.  Hope everyone is well

yesterday: BikeErg, 2” bar chin-ups, grip (wrist roller & grippers)

today: 90 mins of incline treadmill, pull-ups/chin-ups, KB C&P, grip work

A6475207-5188-45CD-B1FF-7FFD0C512A14.jpeg

C8AB8005-2DAC-4502-AC17-87A34E7227B8.jpeg

hope things improve for you. Good you see your still kicking @ss in the gym.

• Like 1

On 9/9/2024 at 8:17 AM, Blacksmith513 said:

hope things improve for you. Good you see your still kicking @ss in the gym.

Appreciate that, brother.  I checked myself into an IOP alcohol program as it’s starting to rule my life more than I want to.  I have many PTSD issues from my Marine and LE career I haven’t dealt with and my family is paying the price now.  I’m just grateful that my OCD workouts trump my drinking desires 🙏.  On a good path now, though.

last two days: same stuff, different day.  Lots of grip, worst, pull-ups, KB pressing this week

Also, replaced both of my pull-up bars (been a gradual process) with 1.9” and 2.375” stainless schedule 40 pipes.  Freaking awesomeness 💪💪💪💪💪

1D0E3CE6-88AB-4EB0-9BFB-1955AD64F9F8.jpeg

8B4DE6E0-9BDD-4D1E-9DFB-3DA9320A4A10.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, maidenfan said:

Appreciate that, brother.  I checked myself into an IOP alcohol program as it’s starting to rule my life more than I want to.  I have many PTSD issues from my Marine and LE career I haven’t dealt with and my family is paying the price now.  I’m just grateful that my OCD workouts trump my drinking desires 🙏.  On a good path now, though.

last two days: same stuff, different day.  Lots of grip, worst, pull-ups, KB pressing this week

Also, replaced both of my pull-up bars (been a gradual process) with 1.9” and 2.375” stainless schedule 40 pipes.  Freaking awesomeness 💪💪💪💪💪

1D0E3CE6-88AB-4EB0-9BFB-1955AD64F9F8.jpeg

8B4DE6E0-9BDD-4D1E-9DFB-3DA9320A4A10.jpeg

IMG_1438.jpeg

IMG_1440.jpeg

Sorry to hear that, PTSD manifests it’s self in many different ways. you are taking the right steps and doing the right things.

Glad you’re on the proper path. One day at a time, one workout at a time.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2024 at 5:37 PM, Blacksmith513 said:

Sorry to hear that, PTSD manifests it’s self in many different ways. you are taking the right steps and doing the right things.

Glad you’re on the proper path. One day at a time, one workout at a time.

Thanks

incline DB presses, 60mm chin-ups, walking on the treadmill in between sets

31E446AD-F9DD-4E41-B3E1-DDAFF001E030.jpeg

• Like 3

1250m BikeErg (D130), grip medley (60mm wrist wrench, Vulcan gripper, pronation/riser chain curls, wrist roller, sledge levers) x 16 rounds

34EB9B4B-EB2A-49D9-B360-C818CA976B3A.jpeg

• Like 1

1000m BikeErg (DF130), belt squats, heavy wrist curls (60mm rolling handle)

2C93D8A9-B1A3-4BA9-AC7E-07D7F3AC5C29.jpeg

• Like 1

nice work

22 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

nice work

Thanks, John

2k BikeErg (DF130), max set of 60mm bar chin-ups, max set ab roller x 12 rounds

84C673E7-D7B0-4488-A5A1-DE2FEF504099.jpeg

• Like 1