ianders1

Why do you do work your Grip?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Why do you do work your Grip?

• I do grip work mainly for myself
    • I do grip work for myself and I also like to compete
    • I do grip work mainly because I like to compete
    • I do grip work mainly to help me in my occupation
    • I do it for the money (sorry couldn't resist!)

I work grip because:

1, I want to shut the next hardest gripper!

2, I want to pinch more and more weight!

3, I have a fear of one day falling from a bridge, cliff etc. and then what will I rely on to save my skinny ass! ;)

As someone said, I too really look forward to it! My job takes me all round the country on irregular hours and there be one constant in my life....grip training.

Digz.

It's fun.

Same reason I train, period.

The challenge. The goals. It's all "stimulatingly fun". :)

I work grip because:

3, I have a fear of one day falling from a bridge, cliff etc. and then what will I rely on to save my skinny ass! ;)

Is this a reference to the bridge seen in the movie, "The Lost Boys"? :phone

I work grip because:

3, I have a fear of one day falling from a bridge, cliff etc. and then what will I rely on to save my skinny ass!  ;)

Is this a reference to the bridge seen in the movie, "The Lost Boys"? :phone

Could be... :D

I was thinking more 'Indiana Jones & The Temple of Doom' when the bridge collapses and at that moment you'd want to know you've got grip :happy

Digz

I do it because I compete in Strongman as a Pro. You can't have a grip weakness at a show where we're doing a 365 Farmers, or a Hercules hold with two SUV's (finals at Nats in St Louis 2003 - that was very heavy). My grip used to suck & those events killed me, now I'm middle of the pack. Love my Ivanko super gripper for timed holds - 5 sets of 5 (10 sec) in the truck on the way to work or town. Thick bar stuff, pinching, hub lifting, grippers, all of it, now bending, too.

I want to improve my grip for lifting. It's definately holding me back. Someone also made a good point about your forearms always being on display. That too.

My Lord & my King gave me my gifts & talents.I want to give Jesus all the honor & glory "4" what I can do.& I like to be able to do things guys bigger than me cant do. :rock

:bow "GOD IS THE REAL POWER" :bow

My Lord & my King gave me my gifts & talents.I want to give Jesus all the honor & glory "4" what I can do.& I like to be able to do things guys bigger than me cant do. :rock

:bow "GOD IS THE REAL POWER" :bow

No doubt about any of that.

Tommy,

My e-mail and computer are acting up. I can't watch any movies or e-mail. My e-mail at work should still be ok..........anyway.........I'm trying to get the bunch of us in VA and surounding area together for a "grip together" thought I came up with that but by reading old posts guess I didn't. Can you join us? I saw your 2 finger 45 pinch, though my 2 finger 35 was good till I saw that. Ironmind should have you and Magnus listed soon, I was tired of waiting and asked.

Gary the brick man

Guess my officer and gentleman reference was either too dumb or no one caught it. I really don't know why........I just like it!!!!!!!!!