10&12 On The Super Gripper

austinslater

The springs on the SG that were pre-2000 are actually easier than the ones after 2000. There's a noticeable difference in their strength.

They did upgrade the strength of the springs. Mine came with the stronger ones. I have purchased 2 more recently. All 4 springs seem identical resistancewise. I have not seen any change in the springs. I am only using the S G these days to train sweep. My conventional gripper performance has gone downhill, yet my S G has improved no idea why!

Just as a reference I'm a little less than 1/2" on the #4 and a

1/4-1/8" from closing the ISG on 10,12 so however worthless the 365lbs for the #4 and 345lbs for the 10,12 setting(according to PDA chart) are they seem to correspond to one another relatively closely, at least on my #4 and ISG. These are with tape on the ISG and pre-credit card rules on the #4.

The Sg at 10-12 is quite a bit harder then a 3 for me. Im still chasing the 10&12 and Ive been closing a 3 for awhile now. I have been using the sg for my left hand just for fun and my sweep has gone up greatly even though I havent touched grippers in awhile with the left. If someone has a weak sweep its worth a try. It would also be a good tool for someone trying to cert under the new rules.

my ISG on 10@12 is as hard as all the 4's i've tried

I have an older ISG. I'm sure mine is easier since some of you much stronger guys can't close it on 10 & 12. Nonetheless, I think it is an excellent training tool.

My isg is alot harder at the 10 & 12 position. I can't quite close it with two hands to do negatives. With my coc#3 I can do negative closes.

My isg at 10 & 12 feels almost like my #4. I bought mine late in 2003, so it is a newer model.