A Thoughtful Gorilla

Gorilla Hands

:bow

Mr. Gorilla....A great guy,an inspiring post, and....... what a real grip guy is all about!RS

Probably every time a rule change comes along, someone will be on the verge of success under the rule that has just been removed. Taken to the extreme, this may mean that no one can ever certify or certainly only the very elite.

I agree that whoever runs the joint should make the rules.

This is the joint that concerns me, and Mash Monsters rules are in place. The sooner that reality dawns, the better. :shifty

• 4 weeks later...
Vigeants: Are you real?......maybe I can step on you...but, I bet you won't die. I like little guys...they make great shot glasses!

Does anyone know what the hell this means?

Rob not sure what the hell that means. I can testify to the fact that the Vigeant boys are real. VERY real.

Heck, I even missed that comment.

I can tell you this, they are very real. Just watch the video of Rob W and the MMG2.

Hah, I guess that was a call out.

Not speaking particularly of Gorilla Hands, but you hear all the time somebody or their uncle did this or that in the basement ten years ago or something, but it just doesn't matter. Unless you put it on the line in some sort of competition against the best, it is really hard to respect any supposed training feat of strength.

I guess the best example of this is Bud Jeffries. Now, god knows what Bud can or cannot do, but why the hell is he dicking around with a 700 and something fully equipped best in the WNPF and half ass (at least compared to squatting training) strongman stuff if he can bottom squat 1000? I just won't understand, and probably never will. Even if you do it for yourself, I wouldn't be satisfied unless I knew I did it up to the standards that everyone else did.

It is good to see that grip training is more than a piece of paper with your name printed on it. From the little I know I think grip training is more expansive than certifications. That is an excellant outlook that you have which won't let you down.

Here's how much I knew about grippers& sets & such. I never even thought about a "set" until I came here. I would have thought you couldn't get certified starting with the gripper partly closed. Truly just didn't know. I initially thought I was setting the gripper just by wiggling it into a comfortable place with my free hand. This has helped explain why my #3 has been 1/4 - 1/2" from closing for 5 years.... :whistel . That & a lack of consistent training on my grippers. I love the initial post. I've said for years in Strongman when a last minute change messes things around, "that's strongman". Adapt & overcome. Most of you guys are doing things I can't even conceive of doing, it's not like this will slow most for long.

The vigeants are probably 2 of the best we have on the board and can do it all. They have also put it on the line and competed and won against the best. Im not sure what Dave meant but maybe it wasnt what he was trying to say only he knows. But they are for real.

Austin

Vigeants: Are you real?......maybe I can step on you...but, I bet you won't die. I like little guys...they make great shot glasses!

Does Gorilla Hands make drinking cups from the skulls of his victims?

Does Gorilla Hands make drinking cups from the skulls of his victims?

He might..... but, neither of us would be HIS victims.

Rob,

For what it's worth, I think he is complimenting you, although, I have no idea how to discern in what way.

I do know it is a questionable route to take. I wish he would explain what he is saying.

-Jedd-

(Left a word out.)

Edited by Jedd Johnson

Hah, I guess that was a call out.

Not speaking particularly of Gorilla Hands, but you hear all the time somebody or their uncle did this or that in the basement ten years ago or something, but it just doesn't matter. Unless you put it on the line in some sort of competition against the best, it is really hard to respect any supposed training feat of strength.

CALLIN WHO OUT!? We have both been to tournaments against some of the best on the board and the results speak for themselves. It's real easy to be a computer cowboy.......I'll put some money up with whoever in an all around tournament :whistel