Yellow Nail Bent-finally

bencrush

Guest Bullitt
I dredged this old thread up because I was packing up my garage and found the first Yellow Nail (I label any "1st" bend) that I bent DU back in early 2004. It's funny to think that I used to have to psyche up to bend one. And to think that earlier this year I bent an equivalent (1/4"X7" Round-FBBC) in about 30 seconds...barehand.

Hopefully this will motivate the guys who are considering quitting due to lack of progress. Keep at it and you'll reap the rewards. Then in a few years you can look back on your progress and realize you won't even warm up with a bend that used to be your goal. That's when you know you've made great progress.

I remember those days, when 6x3/16 steel was still hard and a yellow nail was impossible for me. :):rock

- Aaron

I remember those days like yesterday too Aaron. Oh wait. It was yesterday! :laugh

Finally bent my first anything when Goody came over yesterday. Tried and tried to DO a 60D, but I just don't have the flexibility in my shoulders after 7 dislocations (stupid hockey) to get the damn thing up under my chin. He showed me how to reverse bend it and bam. I know it's nothing, but I was thrilled to finally bend SOMETHING to say the least. :blush He also bought some trotter horseshoes and I bent (unbent?) one of those. Maybe in a few years, I can look back on this post and be amazed at how far I've come as well. Here are the pics from my gallery.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124601428...092_1738353.jpg

I dredged this old thread up because I was packing up my garage and found the first Yellow Nail (I label any "1st" bend) that I bent DU back in early 2004. It's funny to think that I used to have to psyche up to bend one. And to think that earlier this year I bent an equivalent (1/4"X7" Round-FBBC) in about 30 seconds...barehand.

Hopefully this will motivate the guys who are considering quitting due to lack of progress. Keep at it and you'll reap the rewards. Then in a few years you can look back on your progress and realize you won't even warm up with a bend that used to be your goal. That's when you know you've made great progress.

I remember those days, when 6x3/16 steel was still hard and a yellow nail was impossible for me. :):rock

- Aaron

I remember those days like yesterday too Aaron. Oh wait. It was yesterday! :laugh

Finally bent my first anything when Goody came over yesterday. Tried and tried to DO a 60D, but I just don't have the flexibility in my shoulders after 7 dislocations (stupid hockey) to get the damn thing up under my chin. He showed me how to reverse bend it and bam. I know it's nothing, but I was thrilled to finally bend SOMETHING to say the least. :blush He also bought some trotter horseshoes and I bent (unbent?) one of those. Maybe in a few years, I can look back on this post and be amazed at how far I've come as well. Here are the pics from my gallery.

http://www.gripboard.com/uploads/124601428...092_1738353.jpg

Congrats, First 60d is a thrill and a nice accomplishment. Especially reverse. :rock Took me weeks to get one when I started.

- Aaron

Ben

I am glad you dug this up.

I would like people to note this was posted in 2004-- guys like Ben have been at this for years. The one who can keep going (Ben, Aaron C, Gazza, Mike, Pat P) are the ones who train smart and stay injury free. Stop trying to rush so much and enjoy the ride! :mosher

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for digging this one up. It is a great inspiration to aspiring benders to see where one of the best started at. Really motivates me! It also lets us newbs see that to get what you really want, you have to work for it. It may be a long road.....but getting there is half the fun!

Inspirational thread. Thanks for bringing it back.