Yellow Nail Bent-finally

bencrush

Today I finally bent the Yellow Nail in about 50 seconds. I've failed to even kink it not even two weeks ago with the no bracing underhand style. I've only been bending for a little over a month now. I bent some in the past, but it's been about 4 years and that was always with bracing. I've been buying and cutting up lots of HRS and CRS and then bending. Often. Is the Yellow Nail CRS or HRS? Question is do you guys think that I should bend the CRS or the HRS? I buy both right now but I want to focus on the one that will let me bend the Blue Nail in the most efficient manner. Thanks and on to the Blue...

I think you should buy both. When you can bend a 6" piece of HRS, then try to bend it in CRS. Then on to 5.5" and so on. If you're going to Home Depot the blue is just harder than their round rod stock.

Congrats on the yellow!

Congrats on the yellow. I am working towards that myself. Great job!! :rock

Congrats to you man! What bending techique are you using?

Great job Ben you are 1 step closer to your goal. Keep bending yellows or equivalant to yellows for 3-4weeks, or untill you get them in under 10 seconds and I will almost be willing to bet that you will nail a blue...Brett

Brett, I forgot to thank you in my previous post. If it wasn't for you I'd still be laboring at 2 inches or so longer than the Yellow! Your advice on the volume and other nail bending tips has paid dividends already. Thanks again! :bow

Excellent bend Ben! And nice progress! The blue will be yours sooner than you know it.

Isaac, I'm not an expert, but the 6" bend of HRS is (IMO) MUCH easier than the Yellow Nail. I'd say the HRS would have to be closer to 5" to rival the difficulty level of the Yellow Nail.

Ben,

You are correct.

The Yellow nail is in no way shape or form even close to HRS.

It is definetly CRS or tougher IMO.

I have u'd 3 different brands of 1/4" HRS and can barely kink the Yellow Nail.

• 5 years later...

I dredged this old thread up because I was packing up my garage and found the first Yellow Nail (I label any "1st" bend) that I bent DU back in early 2004. It's funny to think that I used to have to psyche up to bend one. And to think that earlier this year I bent an equivalent (1/4"X7" Round-FBBC) in about 30 seconds...barehand.

Hopefully this will motivate the guys who are considering quitting due to lack of progress. Keep at it and you'll reap the rewards. Then in a few years you can look back on your progress and realize you won't even warm up with a bend that used to be your goal. That's when you know you've made great progress.

I dredged this old thread up because I was packing up my garage and found the first Yellow Nail (I label any "1st" bend) that I bent DU back in early 2004. It's funny to think that I used to have to psyche up to bend one. And to think that earlier this year I bent an equivalent (1/4"X7" Round-FBBC) in about 30 seconds...barehand.

Hopefully this will motivate the guys who are considering quitting due to lack of progress. Keep at it and you'll reap the rewards. Then in a few years you can look back on your progress and realize you won't even warm up with a bend that used to be your goal. That's when you know you've made great progress.

That's cool man!

I've just read the first post of this thread with a smile in my face. Can't believe you started there :)

Very well spoken, Ben! Never give up :)

I remember those days, when 6x3/16 steel was still hard and a yellow nail was impossible for me. :):rock

- Aaron

Ben,i have no doubt in my mind u have the inner power to overcome any bar ... i pick crs instead of hrs.

This year the shiny will die!