Peterson Grippers

Ben Helms

I have the opportunity of a lifetime! Ive taken the time to create an RGC Rating Device that is extremely accurate to the standards of GSI ratings for competition. Ive been blessed with a new friendship with @JeffPeterson and he is trusting me to rate ALL of his grippers. Not just any grippers, but grippers with massive sentimental value. Words cannot describe how honored i am with the trust provided by Jeff, to me. There are around 70 grippers that I'm going to rate and I’ll update the process as its moves forward. To make it even more interesting, there are very challenging grippers that Jeff wants me to test out before being rated. Fail or not, I’ll be posting to this thread about them. (What an honor to have someone think so highly of my gripper closes!) Jeff has given me an opportunity to make a name for myself. People trust ratings from monumental contributors like Jedd Johnson, Chris Rice, and Matt Cannon to rate grippers accurately, and my goal is to be added to this list. If there was anything id want to be remembered by in the grip world, it’s having reliable, and trusted ratings for grippers to be used for training or competitions. Being remembered by having trusted ratings means so much to me. Ive put a lot of time into this. Not just ratings but even my training. Grippers are my all time favorite implement for grip strength. I hope everyone that sees this thread gives it a follow because i have quite the journey ahead of me. I’ll be adding pictures, videos, ratings updates and more to this thread. Thank you all for your time and support and please feel free to follow, like, and comment on this thread. Its going to be LOADED. Hopefully after this thread is complete, you will also trust me with ratings as well. All of my ratings will come with a brass tag with my PS stamp. (Peake Street) and you’re more than welcome to compare ratings with CPW. I can guarantee that they are less than .5rgc off. Stay tuned. Its going to be EPIC.

• Like 5

Yeah man, I'm pretty excited to see this in action. 

Ben is going rate the grippers and as he said, he is going to give an honest attempt to close the number fours the GHP nine and the HG 400.

Round 1

39. Grippers. Some specifics I'm interested in. My hard double stamped #2. It received a very early Cannon rating of 122.4. My double stamped #3. I believe this to be a very easy #3. Ben will have to let us know. GHP 6-10. Morbid curiosity on the 9 and 10 as those seem impossibly difficult. GNC 300. It's a funky gripper. All of my GNC grippers are funky. They're narrow they have no sweep, but they just bind up at the end and it's hard to touch the handles.

Ben is now the owner of the HG 400 and HG 500 as well. These are serial stamped #1. Ben if you ever get sick of these, please give me the first right of refusal 😉.  I believe this completes his 400 collection, but I could be wrong. I've been happy to help him collect his last 3 400 grippers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JeffPeterson said:

Yeah man, I'm pretty excited to see this in action. 

Ben is going rate the grippers and as he said, he is going to give an honest attempt to close the number fours the GHP nine and the HG 400.

Round 1

39. Grippers. Some specifics I'm interested in. My hard double stamped #2. It received a very early Cannon rating of 122.4. My double stamped #3. I believe this to be a very easy #3. Ben will have to let us know. GHP 6-10. Morbid curiosity on the 9 and 10 as those seem impossibly difficult. GNC 300. It's a funky gripper. All of my GNC grippers are funky. They're narrow they have no sweep, but they just bind up at the end and it's hard to touch the handles.

Ben is now the owner of the HG 400 and HG 500 as well. These are serial stamped #1. Ben if you ever get sick of these, please give me the first right of refusal 😉.  I believe this completes his 400 collection, but I could be wrong. I've been happy to help him collect his last 3 400 grippers.

I will do my best on the coc 4’s and ghp9 but i can guarantee that i wont come close to the ghp10! 🤣 this is going to be such a fun experience!!! If i ever decide to part ways with the HG400 and 500 (i dont think i will though!) then you absolutely get first dibs!

• Thanks 1