Hg 500 and 400

JeffPeterson

I just acquired an HG 400 and an HG 500. On one of the handles has the strength. The other one has a number stamped. What does that other stamped numbered mean in this case it's the number one?

IMG_2471.jpeg

IMG_2470.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Pretty sure they only made so many and the number is that number out of however many they made 

Aren't these the ones Clay Edgin was selling a few days ago? If so, he specified that these were the first of the production run, so that is what the numbers refer to 

• Like 4

Yes, I got these from Clay. So these are number one of however many they ended up making.  Really appreciate that info.

• Like 1

Way cool grippers

nice hit 

If I recall correctly it was 300 of the HG 500s made and 400 of the HG 400s. I have #181 and #125 so they at least made that many

• Like 3

Very cool thanks for sharing. Can I ask you have you tried closing your 400? The 400 seems easier than I would have thought.

On 10/13/2024 at 6:12 PM, Climber028 said:

If I recall correctly it was 300 of the HG 500s made and 400 of the HG 400s. I have #181 and #125 so they at least made that many

Yes true. They both also have 1" handles and the Spring on the 400 is 8mm and on the 500 is 9mm. They did cost $50 each plus shipping; or buy both to get free shipping. Anyone who closed the HG500 would've gotten $500. But I guess no one did. They were sold out from heavy grip website back in 2005 I believe. I have them both and if you are willing to sell yours, I am your man.

Clay got the #1 on each because he worked for them and was advertising them. 

• Like 2

Actually just bought a pair of these, can't wait to get them

41 minutes ago, JeffPeterson said:

Very cool thanks for sharing. Can I ask you have you tried closing your 400? The 400 seems easier than I would have thought.

The 400 is way easier than people think, I can't close it but can get it fairly close and I am not a gripper freak I haven't even closed a #2.5. It's a little hard to set but you just have to position it differently than a normal gripper