Which GHP Gen is this

JeffPeterson

Can somebody identify what GHP this is? I've not seen a stamped handled before.

IMG_2233.jpeg

IMG_2234.jpeg

GHP handles are stamped underneath, to assist with identifying which level they are if the stickers are removed/get lost. Looks like there is some glue residue on the handle end. Based on the appearance, I believe this is a gen 1 GHP 7 gripper, but I would need to see the full handle (including top) to confirm.

Edited by BenMorrissey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should be easy to differentiate between Gen 1 and Gen 2.

Gen 1 GHPs have thicker bands around the handles, and a completely smooth/rounded edge on the top of the handles. Gen 2 GHPs have a beveled/sharper edge on the top of the handles.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Some of them are missing stickers, so it could have had either a GHP plastic logo or an American flag.

Here's an easier way to differentiate, Jeff.

Attached is a photo of a GHP2 gen.1 (right) and GHP2 gen.2 (left). You can see that the top of the handle knurling doesn't wrap up into a smooth radius like the Gen 1 but it's rather jagged. Even more apparent are the thinner lines for the finger grooves. Hold it up to any of your special editions and if it's got thinner lines, it's a Gen 2.

20241007_005404.thumb.jpg.eb6333fc166d1908372deeda10ec1b44.jpg

• Like 3

This is a Gen 1 GHP7, 100% guaranteed. On the second handle with the flag sticker (Gen2) the handle is flat and has no number stamped on it. Plus, the lines appear to be way thicker than on Gen2 :)

Edited by Alex K
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

+ gen1, thick bands on knurling for 'fingers' handle, little pit-placement for second silicone sticker(removed). Stamp on gen2 under silicone sticker, not under the flag one. Even last sticker discoloration whispers: i'm so damn old and nice like wine😀

Yeah this is gen 1 I originally looked at just the lines and the handle was angled making them look thinner. The rounded edge does indicate gen 1.

Never even knew there was gen 1 and 2 I bought my 7 and 8 at the same time new and one is gen 1 and one is gen 2 just realized they weren’t thre exact same after this thread

9 minutes ago, Nuttgens said:

Never even knew there was gen 1 and 2 I bought my 7 and 8 at the same time new and one is gen 1 and one is gen 2 just realized they weren’t thre exact same after this thread

People tend to place higher value $ on the gen 1's cause they have 2 of the acrylic (?) logos on the handles, if still intact. But they function and feel exactly the same, aside from looks differences. The gen 2 has 1 of those, and a sticker (boring) and the other 2 described differences above

• Thanks 1