Iron Biby’s latest grip feats

Grepm.m

Iron Biby almost got 132.7 kg / 292.5 pounds to lockout on the rolling thunder  

He also locked out 140 kg / 308 pounds on the Saxon bar (with wagon wheels).

Any thoughts on these lifts? 

Some stats on Iron Biby:

“Iron Biby is 1.88m tall (6’ 2”) and weighs 204kg (449lb). His arm girth measures a colossal 71cm (28”), making them arguably the largest in the world.” 

Source

• Like 5

Not taking away from his RT lift at all because it is sick, but it seems like the RT might not be made to handle that kind of weight. It seemed to flex a bit under that ginormous load. This may have stopped the spinning motion a bit. Someone needs to tell these powerhouses about a quality spinning handle.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, acromegaman said:

Not taking away from his RT lift at all because it is sick, but it seems like the RT might not be made to handle that kind of weight. It seemed to flex a bit under that ginormous load. This may have stopped the spinning motion a bit. Someone needs to tell these powerhouses about a quality spinning handle.

The RGT is easily accessible and it's one of the hardest, if not the hardest handle on the market. Would be a good handle to use as standard.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

The RGT is easily accessible and it's one of the hardest, if not the hardest handle on the market. Would be a good handle to use as standard.

It’s the worst handle on the market. 

Jedd Johnson has done a series about revolving handles. 

Two different RT can have quite the difference in how much you’re able to lift on them. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grepm.m said:

It’s the worst handle on the market. 

Jedd Johnson has done a series about revolving handles. 

Two different RT can have quite the difference in how much you’re able to lift on them. 

He said RGT, as in Grip Genie’s Rolling Grip Thingy.  If I remember correctly, it did pretty well in Jedd’s shootout. 

25 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

He said RGT, as in Grip Genie’s Rolling Grip Thingy.  If I remember correctly, it did pretty well in Jedd’s shootout. 

I’m sorry! My mistake. I read “RT” and automatically thought Rolling Thunder.

I’ve never tried the RGT myself, but I’ve heard it’s a great handle. 

I agree. The RGT would be a better measure of one’s grip strength than the Rolling thunder. 

That Saxon bar is Odd's first that was used in his comps. It has the round bar off center which makes the lift easier when the offset is closer to the palm. Still a huge lift.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, WorksinaPinch said:

That Saxon bar is Odd's first that was used in his comps. It has the round bar off center which makes the lift easier when the offset is closer to the palm. Still a huge lift.

Yeah, I saw that too. Bar is way off center. Would make it a completely different lift.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, WorksinaPinch said:

I didn’t notice that! Interesting. 

22 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Raptor is harder

• Like 1

21 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

It did well, but Raptor won handily.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Raptor is harder

I know but they are not on the market anymore?

Edited by Fist of Fury

1 minute ago, Fist of Fury said:

I know but they are not on the market anymore?

Sure they are.

• Like 1

Just now, Jedd Johnson said:

Sure they are.

I was sure they stopped production of them? Where did I read that? Or did they start again?

3 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I was sure they stopped production of them? Where did I read that? Or did they start again?

Well, yes they seem to be readily available, not sure why I thought they weren't in production anymore. Maybe they was just completely out of stock when I checked one time.

14 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Well, yes they seem to be readily available, not sure why I thought they weren't in production anymore. Maybe they was just completely out of stock when I checked one time.

Country Crush changed hands a few years back. Not sure if that's what you're thinking or not.

26 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Country Crush changed hands a few years back. Not sure if that's what you're thinking or not.

Might be, I just had it in my head that these were not produced anymore 🤣

Anyways, it would be a lot better to find another handle than IM to be the standard in grip sport. Country Crush might be the best option since they also offer many different sizes. I think we need a standard that everyone uses, which is also easily accessible for everyone. Not sure about the status of FBBC?

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Anyways, it would be a lot better to find another handle than IM to be the standard in grip sport. Country Crush might be the best option since they also offer many different sizes. I think we need a standard that everyone uses, which is also easily accessible for everyone. Not sure about the status of FBBC?

I bought stuff from FBBC earlier in the year. For the first time I had a fast delivery. But the dude said he was changing the layout out the website but last time I checked nothings changed.

personally I feel the 2.5” Crusher to be the best rolling handle on the market. RGT doesn’t take chalk. I don’t like it

16 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I bought stuff from FBBC earlier in the year. For the first time I had a fast delivery. But the dude said he was changing the layout out the website but last time I checked nothings changed.

personally I feel the 2.5” Crusher to be the best rolling handle on the market. RGT doesn’t take chalk. I don’t like it

I don't like to train with implements that doesn't take chalk either.

But for competition I actually think it's better that way. Now when I come to think about it, there was some controversy about the FBBC crusher some years back. They rust, I'm not sure if they have changed the material to stainless steel now?

Anyways I think it's better if it doesn't take chalk, it's not a friction lift in the same way like pinch is anyways. Some water on the hands, then wipe it off, that gives a really good grip with a handle like the LGC-handle, which is stainless steel.

Not sure about the plastic handles and how they work with water like that but I feel that they will be more consistant for everyone. Consistency is key if you want to track records. Numbers will be a bit lower but that doesn't really matter anyways.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I don't like to train with implements that doesn't take chalk either.

But for competition I actually think it's better that way. Now when I come to think about it, there was some controversy about the FBBC crusher some years back. They rust, I'm not sure if they have changed the material to stainless steel now?

Anyways I think it's better if it doesn't take chalk, it's not a friction lift in the same way like pinch is anyways. Some water on the hands, then wipe it off, that gives a really good grip with a handle like the LGC-handle, which is stainless steel.

Not sure about the plastic handles and how they work with water like that but I feel that they will be more consistant for everyone. Consistency is key if you want to track records. Numbers will be a bit lower but that doesn't really matter anyways.

I agree to that. For comps it’s a good handle. 

As of last year they are still raw steel.

it’s chalky and rusty and looks like it’s been dragged through the trenches. My inch bell is raw iron also so I prefer my rolling handles to be the same.

4 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Dude, rolling thunder is not, nor has it been for MANY YEARS, considered the standard rolling handle for Grip Sport.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Dude, rolling thunder is not, nor has it been for MANY YEARS, considered the standard rolling handle for Grip Sport.

Dude, I never said it was.

I just said there should be another handle which should be standard.

Maybe there is one? But I doubt it, since I see all kind of handles being used.