130 grippers arriving Thursday

JeffPeterson

7 hours ago, Brett H said:

Sent you a PM

hey hey hey whoa whoa whoa, is that even allowed 😄 I thought we were all being patient and hoping to snag a goodie lol

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, liftyzig said:

hey hey hey whoa whoa whoa, is that even allowed 😄 I thought we were all being patient and hoping to snag a goodie lol

Oops, I may have sent a PM back on Monday 😂

• Like 1

Just messing with you guys, all is fair in love, war and grippers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

They arrived today I believe.

7:30 tonight. I'm going to do a live box open and confirm the contents. The customer promised me they would send them this time.

IG

jeffpeterson82

Edited by JeffPeterson
  • Like 3

They came. 
GHP Christmas colors  🎄 

IMG_2007.jpeg

IMG_2008.jpeg

• Like 11

THATS A BEAUTIFUL PICTURE

Gorgeous... My dream grippers 🤤

Glad you're able to get it mostly sorted out, Jeff. As I understand there's still a few left to receive. 

I sent a message a while ago, but would really love to get my hands on as many of the GHP special editions as possible. A full set would be a dream but I know others want them too... Wouldn't be fair to hoard them all, but hopefully we can all come to an agreement. 🤜🏻

It looks like the remainder are Gen 2s, am I right?

Edited by degradated
  • Like 1

I don't know how you can tell. from that angle, but you are right. There are special additions and then the other 7,8,9 and 10 are second edition.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JeffPeterson said:

I don't know how you can tell. from that angle, but you are right. There are special additions and then the other 7,8,9 and 10 are second edition.

Second gen has an angled chamfer at the top of the handles where the first gen is rounded and the finger separators are narrower. I had to study the pictures pretty intently to make that out from those images though...

Edited by Slipshod
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Slipshod said:

Second gen has an angled chamfer at the top of the handles where the first gen is rounded and the finger separators are narrower. I had to study the pictures pretty intently to make that out from those images though...

Good callouts. Also with very few exceptions, only 1st gen has two level stickers. 2nd gen has one level sticker and one USA sticker. I think I’ve seen one 2nd gen that actually had two level stickers so there might be others but seems very rare. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, JeffPeterson said:

For me, it was the thickness of the finger lines in comparison to the special editions. All the silver ones have thinner lines which are a dead giveaway.

9 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Good callouts. Also with very few exceptions, only 1st gen has two level stickers. 2nd gen has one level sticker and one USA sticker. I think I’ve seen one 2nd gen that actually had two level stickers so there might be others but seems very rare. 

Indeed, should clarify my comment wasn't the exhaustive list of differences, but based on how to tell from the photos provided (without seeing both handles).

The thickness of the lines is only obviously a tell in comparison, or with physical access and a micrometer. Similarly with the stickers, if they are not present then these can also not be relied on.

For me the angled chamfer would be the only consistent piece of information I would rely on without needing to double check. In theory someone could grind off a level 1 to make it angled, but not sure why anyone would deliberately lose value like that!

This sort of information would likely be a great addition on the gripperpedia project, although for longer running producers like WT and IronMind, there may not be enough knowledge even among all of us to fully cover every iteration. Either way having that information could be valuable across the community, primarily for collectors of course