Feat Judging | Fatman Blob Cycle

dubyagrip

Good lift?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Good lift?

• Yes
    • No

1. Must perform Deadlift, Clean, Snatch, Curl in that order.

a. Deadlift to proper standing lockout as with other lifts

b. Clean - lift to shoulder

c. Lift straight to overhead without pressing the block weight out

d. Deadlift followed by a curl to shoulder height without excessive momentum from the deadlift to curl.

2. Only chalk allowed.

3. Control:

a. The grip can be broken or reapplied between each of the 4 lifts. The block weight can be returned to the floor with the off-hand. 

b. Losing grip or dropping to the floor is NOT permitted and disqualifies the lift

c. Dipping down to catch the Clean or Snatch is acceptable

• Like 8

Jaland, congratulations on achieving this very rare feat! The curl to finish the feat and set down was epic!

• Thanks 1

Super cool!

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Cannon said:

Added to the list!

How is this technically timed? @Ben Helms @Jedd Johnson

I roughly went from the first touch to returning to the ground after curl.

First lift off to completion of curl. Do you need my current blob cycle? It’s completed in 18 seconds. 

12 hours ago, Cannon said:

Added to the list!

How is this technically timed? @Ben Helms @Jedd Johnson

I roughly went from the first touch to returning to the ground after curl.

Are you asking if there's a time limit?

1 hour ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Are you asking if there's a time limit?

No, the two existing entries had times that appeared to be completion times.

But Ben answered and said it’s timed from first lift off (not first touch) to the completion of the curl which I’m assuming means stopped movement at the top. So it sounds like there is no requirement to do the curl negative. 

10 minutes ago, Cannon said:

But Ben answered and said it’s timed from first lift off (not first touch) to the completion of the curl which I’m assuming means stopped movement at the top. So it sounds like there is no requirement to do the curl negative. 

Yeah i feel like taking the extra time to place the blob down after the curl could make people rush for a better time and itll get sloppy and someone could injure themself so to keep people safe, I feel like the time should stop after completion of the curl. There is already a large amount of strain during the curl and doing a controlled negative could pop a pulley or tear a bicep. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

That's actually covered in the rules:

3. Control:

a. The grip can be broken or reapplied between each of the 4 lifts. The block weight can be returned to the floor with the off-hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Helms said:

Yeah i feel like taking the extra time to place the blob down after the curl could make people rush for a better time and itll get sloppy and someone could injure themself so to keep people safe, I feel like the time should stop after completion of the curl. There is already a large amount of strain during the curl and doing a controlled negative could pop a pulley or tear a bicep. 

This is precisely why the other hand can be used, as per the rules.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

That's actually covered in the rules:

3. Control:

Right, thanks Jedd. The question was whether that set down is included in the time regardless of how you set it down. Ben clarified that the lift is over at the top of the curl. Do you agree?

So lift is timed from initial lift off (not first touch) to stopped movement at the top of the curl (with no set down). 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Right, thanks Jedd. The question was whether that set down is included in the time regardless of how you set it down. Ben clarified that the lift is over at the top of the curl. Do you agree?

So lift is timed from initial lift off (not first touch) to stopped movement at the top of the curl (with no set down). 

I gotcha.  Sorry, wasn't following.

• Like 1