The Gold Standard Challenge

Ben Helms

3 hours ago, featsofalex said:

My Silver Strength Standard Appication (with thigh rolled single imp red nail!)

Silver Strength Standard (what I used)
CCS CoC 2 (CoC 2)
135 lb mini inch (64kg Holle Inch)
Next Gen 100 (next gen 100)
Pinch 35s (Thor 35s)
Hub 35lb plate (Marcy 45, didn’t wanna dig out the 35 lol)
IronMind Blue Nail (IronMind Red Nail with a gangster wrap for the homies)

Thanks @Ben Helms for the great standards, as soon as I can pinch 45s I’m going for gold standard baby!!!

Congrats Alex, and that was a badass bend!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, matek said:

Congrats Alex, and that was a badass bend!

Glad you liked the bend!!! was hoping I could pull it off haha!!! I’ve only done one single imp red nail before but it was with clamps and meticulous wrapping so success was far from a given😂

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, featsofalex said:

Glad you liked the bend!!! was hoping I could pull it off haha!!! I’ve only done one single imp red nail before but it was with clamps and meticulous wrapping so success was far from a given😂

Im thinking about designing a cool certificate for the people that complete the challenge! Not sure how to but I’ll figure that out. Im not good with computer stuff haha

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, featsofalex said:

Im thinking about designing a cool certificate for the people that complete the challenge! Not sure how to but I’ll figure that out. Im not good with computer stuff haha

3 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

That sounds great! Haha, yeah I can’t ever figure out computer stuff either! We just have to wait for our kids to get old enough to handle it for us 😂

• Haha 2

Looks like I’m half way to gold standard lol CCS a CoC 3, hub pinching a 45lbs plate, and bending a Red Nail are all things I can pretty much do in my sleep. Lifting an inch DB, double 45lbs plate pinch, and a fat man are definitely not gunna happen right now though 😅 I’ve lifted an inch but it’s been about a decade since the last time I was able to actually lock it out and I have basically no experience with blobs. If I could get my hands on the equipment I could probably do the silver though! 

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Austin Seitter said:

Looks like I’m half way to gold standard lol CCS a CoC 3, hub pinching a 45lbs plate, and bending a Red Nail are all things I can pretty much do in my sleep. Lifting an inch DB, double 45lbs plate pinch, and a fat man are definitely not gunna happen right now though 😅 I’ve lifted an inch but it’s been about a decade since the last time I was able to actually lock it out and I have basically no experience with blobs. If I could get my hands on the equipment I could probably do the silver though! 

Id love to see it happen! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, featsofalex said:

We just have to wait for our kids to get old enough to handle it for us

Won't take long.  When my son was 14, he built me a really decent desktop computer from scratch - meaning, he ordered all the parts like fans, motherboard, memory chips, processor, graphics card, case, drives, etc. and put the whole thing together.  All I had to do was pay and watch.  And he troubleshoots any tech issues on the computer and any other device anyone asks about.

• Like 6

On 9/8/2024 at 4:27 AM, Vinnie said:

Won't take long.  When my son was 14, he built me a really decent desktop computer from scratch - meaning, he ordered all the parts like fans, motherboard, memory chips, processor, graphics card, case, drives, etc. and put the whole thing together.  All I had to do was pay and watch.  And he troubleshoots any tech issues on the computer and any other device anyone asks about.

I don’t wanna go off topic here, but this is so cool and really impressive. Something like Michael Dell! It’s amazing how young people today are so tech-savvy and able to take on complex tasks like building a computer from scratch. You must be proud of your son’s skills, especially with him being the go-to person for troubleshooting tech issues!

• Like 2