NOVACE of O-1 Steelbending Competition

featsofalex

First full sweep! And crazy fast too!!

• Like 1

With a little under 3 weeks remaining we have our second full sweep, congratulations @devinhoo!!! Devin kept with the fine tradition started by Charlie to finish with authority and make the hardest of the 5 bends their third fastest!

Stay tuned for an exciting finish both at the podium level and throughout the entire rankings!!!

IMG_1625.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minute improvement on a harder bar is wild lol now ya gotta go back and assert dominance on that O bar!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Austin Seitter said:

2 minute improvement on a harder bar is wild lol now ya gotta go back and assert dominance on that O bar!

I'm definitely going to have to circle back around and show those other two bars that I mean business 😂

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devinhoo said:

I'm definitely going to have to circle back around and show those other two bars that I mean business 😂

Hell yeah!!!

• 2 weeks later...

7 Days Remaining!!!

Charlie’s had the lead since pretty early on, will he keep it thorough the buzzer?!?!

Will 4 points cling to a podium finish or will a clean sweep of the bars be needed to finish Top 3?!?!

Will the Northeast (Devin, Dana, Cassidy, Chaz) outscore the Midwest (Charlie, Mike, Mike, Toby)?!?!

These questions and more will all be answered in the coming week, I can’t wait for a great finish boys!!!

IMG_1827.jpeg

• Like 1

Charlie has a pretty commanding lead with those lightning fast bends but they’re not unbeatable! Make him work for it! 

• Like 3

On 9/21/2024 at 12:43 PM, Austin Seitter said:

Charlie has a pretty commanding lead with those lightning fast bends but they’re not unbeatable! Make him work for it! 

Somebody’s gotta beat my horrendous times and force me to try again!!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Congratulations to Charlier Taylor the champion of NOVACE of O-1 (Gripboards own @usemystronghand95) Charlie held the lead from early in the contest and finished with scoring all 5 points in a blazing fast 1:27 total bend time! He showed great technical skill and competitive spirit throughout the contest that are sure to translate to many more great results - this was Charlie’s first bending contest after all!!! Be sure to look out for him in King of Cold Rolled Steel 2 this January when he’ll be taking on the best steel benders from across the world!!!

Further congratulations to Ryan Grabarczyk and Devin Hoover @devinhoo for also successfully bending all 5 bars and finishing in second and third!!! I look forward to seeing you guys attacking the Feats of Steel Challenge Bars you’ll be receiving soon! 

It was a great contest throughout and there were many brilliant performances outside the podium finishers as well! Dana made a new legion of fans with super fast bends and fierce bending style, Cassidy went to war with his P bar in the longest successful bend of the contest and established himself as the new Rated R Superstar with a million F bombs throughout the 3:58 bend (my favorite of the contest!), Mike Ferris stuck to his old school roots and bending the first 3 bars in cordura singles, Chaz making an in person 5/16”
attempt at my house immediately after winning the Feat Meet Invitational and earning gripsport immortality, and Zach staring down a hurricane on the last day of the contest to get one final bend in are just a few of the great moments from the contest!!!

Charlie and Dana also found time to get their Horrido 8.8 certs and Ryan his huge BendSport Canada Ogopogo cert during the contest, great job guys!!!

And in one final bit of exciting news, Devin cross honored all the successful 5/16 bends as official certs for the 5/16”x7” O-1 drill rod bend on the eatchalkgetbig leaderboard - thanks Devin!!!

F687CC52-4877-418F-B46A-F3F42F6985E5.jpeg

• Like 6

Hell yeah way to crush it guys! It’s been fun watching yall mangle all these drill rods!

• Like 3

Great bending competition Alex… inspiring stuff brother!! 
Huge congrats to all competitors!

Cheers all!

Rob 

• Thanks 1