Legacy 150 "Shaw Blob" Lift

dubyagrip

• Like 23

one of the most impressive things I've seen in a long time. 

nice work!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

LFG! Awesome stuff. 

Now it’s just a matter of practicing and getting it in the context of the blob run. Crush it! 

7 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

LFG! Awesome stuff. 

Now it’s just a matter of practicing and getting it in the context of the blob run. Crush it! 

I get to do Brian's blob medley in three weeks at the Shaw Classic.

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I get to do Brian's blob medley in three weeks at the Shaw Classic.

Yeah, I heard you mention that on the Grip Show. Can’t wait to see you take it down.

Have you gotten the 140 with both hands? Just thinking in terms of having to hit the 150 right after. 

Just now, DoctorOfCrush said:

Yeah, I heard you mention that on the Grip Show. Can’t wait to see you take it down.

Have you gotten the 140 with both hands? Just thinking in terms of having to hit the 150 right after. 

Right now, I can get to the 130 with my left.  The medley will have a pretty short time limit, so getting to the 150 will be tough based on time alone.  I intend to put up the best performance on the medley this year, pro stage or not.

• Like 2

Just now, dubyagrip said:

Right now, I can get to the 130 with my left.  The medley will have a pretty short time limit, so getting to the 150 will be tough based on time alone.  I intend to put up the best performance on the medley this year, pro stage or not.

Gotcha.  I've watched the various videos he has put out with people attempting it. Do you know if they are going to allow for using 2 hands at the same time? It seems like one of the better strategies (at least if there is a time limit) is to knock out the early rungs 2 at a time, then push hard with the off hand as far as you can, then come in with the closer strong hand. That could be a misconception from me merely watching others though because I've never even had my hands on a blob, let alone attempted a medley. 

Just now, DoctorOfCrush said:

Gotcha.  I've watched the various videos he has put out with people attempting it. Do you know if they are going to allow for using 2 hands at the same time? It seems like one of the better strategies (at least if there is a time limit) is to knock out the early rungs 2 at a time, then push hard with the off hand as far as you can, then come in with the closer strong hand. That could be a misconception from me merely watching others though because I've never even had my hands on a blob, let alone attempted a medley. 

I'll do the first few with my stronger hand to have it warm and primed by the time I get to the hard blobs, but I intend to do most of the run with my weaker hand.  Right now, I'm able to do 3x5 with my Legacy 120 on my pinch days.  I'm trying to push and peak the endurance with that hand as much as I can so I can have all the firepower on the 130 and beyond with my right hand.

• Like 2

Amazing! Someone needs to tag or send this to Shaw. And then bug him to invite you over to try the blob run!

Btw I love the paper test to prove there is no tacky on the hands or blob. Good to throughly rub the paper all over the hands to show there is no tacky anywhere.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I'll do the first few with my stronger hand to have it warm and primed by the time I get to the hard blobs, but I intend to do most of the run with my weaker hand.  Right now, I'm able to do 3x5 with my Legacy 120 on my pinch days.  I'm trying to push and peak the endurance with that hand as much as I can so I can have all the firepower on the 130 and beyond with my right hand.

Nice. Sounds like a great plan. Look forward to seeing the run!

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

Amazing! Someone needs to tag or send this to Shaw. And then bug him to invite you over to try the blob run!

Btw I love the paper test to prove there is no tacky on the hands or blob. Good to throughly rub the paper all over the hands to show there is no tacky anywhere.

I live really close to him.  Hopefully he sees it!  I admire him as a person and an athlete.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, dubyagrip said:

congratulations, you are part of the legend and of history, bravo for your determination; genetics, ambitions; and the pursuit of your dreams

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Insane lift, I thought we'd be waiting much longer for someone to repeat this so cool to finally see it done 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

Congratulations buddy! I knew this lift is yours. Now for the Holle 35KG! And wish you best of luck with the Shaw blob run.

P.S. I was watching this while my 7 year old daughter was sitting there with me. I told her "let's see if my friend can lift the heaviest blob ever". Then you did that easily. She then said "dad this looks so easy for him, now they should create bigger for him.". That was funny! Strong is strong and everyone knows it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

Congratulations buddy! I knew this lift is yours. Now for the Holle 35KG! And wish you best of luck with the Shaw blob run.

P.S. I was watching this while my 7 year old daughter was sitting there with me. I told her "let's see if my friend can lift the heaviest blob ever". Then you did that easily. She then said "dad this looks so easy for him, now they should create bigger for him.". That was funny! Strong is strong and everyone knows it.

🙏🙏

Thank you, Bader.

The Holle 35kg is making its way across the Atlantic to be vanquished by me as we speak. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

• Like 9