Under the Spotlight - Grip Profile - NATHAN HOLLE

Vinnie

A man who needs no introduction, because even though most of us never met him, we all know OF him:  the legendary NATHAN HOLLE.  Apparently, some years ago Nathan was expelled or otherwise kicked off the Gripboard, for reasons that I think Matt @Cannon will confirm are lost to history.  So I believe Nathan would be welcome back here, and he has graciously agreed in the meantime to be the July profilee.  I think we would all be happy to have him back here as well.

1. What are your stats? GripBoard name: not a member/ banned. Age: 42 Height: 193cm Weight: 120kg Dominant hand, and hand size: I’m right handed, hand is just under 8”. Country/City: Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Swansea Relationship Status: Married Children: Yes Occupation: own my own carpentry business

2. Why did you start training grip (and how long is it now)? There where a few reason why I started training grip strength. Such as it was deemed slightly safer to train grip due to age than deep knee bends and it was a fun challenge within the family, can you lift this etc. Pinch, wrists and crush where trained. So I’ve been training grip in some form for approx 30years .

3. What are you most proud of accomplishing in grip already, and what is/are your grip goal/goals? Personally I’m proud of allot of my PB’s, also proud to be part of inventing training tools and techniques such as the holle style bending, now referred to as double Over hand. I have a few feats I’m very happy with, including No.3 and 4 certification. Bbpro close 25kg plate curls Millennium dumbbell lift Inch dumbbell clean 4. How do you currently structure your overall training/how do you incorporate your grip training? 6 days per week training, basically as follows Monday : chest, triceps , core Tuesday : grippers, pinch and heavy dumbbell curls Wednesday: back Thursday: grippers and thickbar Friday : shoulders , legs , core Saturday: grippers, wrists and heavy dumbbell curls Sunday : Day off 5. What hobbies (other than grip/bending/lifting) do you enjoy? Spending time with my family. Researching grip and strength history. Making weights and challenge objects.

6. Do you have a personal anecdote, topic or thoughts you’d like to include in your profile? I’d like to share a personal thought about strength and grip training. I’ve been around for a while now and I think it’s very important to always remember the history, to learn about it and to repeat it whenever you get a chance. Also never give up, consistency is the key.

7. Whose Grip profile would you like to see next? Chris James
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Yeah Vinnie asked me about Nathan’s account and I actually cannot find any indication he ever had an account. It looks like at one point very early on it was possible to post as a guest where you could still enter your name and I found a couple of those posts from Nathan in the archives.

If Nathan wanted to make an account, he is 100% welcome and I would be excited to see him around. :cannon: 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Cannon said:

I would be excited to see him around.

Same!

• Like 3

I would love to see him here.

• Like 4

He has a reddit account (nholle) where he occassionaly posts, mainly in r/Griptraining. So I don't think it's farfetched to ask him to join here.

• Like 4

Great interview Vinnie. I know he’s a busy dude but Nathan dude but it would be great if he posted here from time to time.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Nathan is a legend. COC4 certification, Thomas inch clean, among other things, he should command tremendous respect from anyone in the grip community.

Is it true that he also holds the unofficial GM150 world record of ~174kg?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, degradated said:

Is it true that he also holds the unofficial GM150 world record of ~174kg?

I don't know.  I was hoping he would rejoin the GripBoard, but I think he isn't that motivated.