Dmitry Volegov Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 4 Gripper

RHZGrip

Posted on Telegram, Dmitry "broke his arm the day before the meetup".

IMG_9142.thumb.JPG.22e718d5738239f775ca33fbdc73d690.JPG

In other breaking news, his dog ate his homework.

• Haha 13
  • Sad 1

• Like 2

Playbook GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Jared P said:

Posted on Telegram, Dmitry "broke his arm the day before the meetup".

IMG_9142.thumb.JPG.22e718d5738239f775ca33fbdc73d690.JPG

In other breaking news, his dog ate his homework.

What terrible timing!

• Haha 12

On 7/16/2024 at 7:53 PM, David_wigren said:

IM My guess though is that he either gets caught of being a fraud or he disappears or gets an “injury”.

You really can’t write this stuff 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 9

Vache certified on the 3 when he walked up to a GNC booth that Wade was as hosting. He certified cold, untrained, and on the spot with an injured arm in a sling. Seems like Dmitry could have mustered something

https://ironmind.com/news/Vache-Sevajian-Certifies-on-the-No.-3-Captains-of-Crush-Gripper

image.jpeg.178166a0cf300da013c9c922c5007efc.jpeg

Edited by Cannon
GNC booth I guess
  • Like 7

On 8/6/2024 at 9:41 PM, David_wigren said:

Has he quit or gotten mysteriously injured yet? Has the cert gripper gotten stole yet?

David can see the future! 

Do you perhaps see an outburst from him that everyone is mean and he feel scared for his life so he asks to be banned or will he just disapear without saying anything? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

All jokes aside. If he is legit, I wish him a fast recovery. Injuries heal. And given how easy it was for him to reach the 4 CCS he should hopefully comeback just as strong or stronger. And if not, thankfully he has two hands. There will be many more opportunities to meetup and compete in the future.

I’m unfortunately pessimistic about this whole situation. I’ve seen it before and usually these people turn out to be frauds. 

• Like 10

28 minutes ago, David_wigren said:

All jokes aside. If he is legit, I wish him a fast recovery. Injuries heal. And given how easy it was for him to reach the 4 CCS he should hopefully comeback just as strong or stronger. And if not, thankfully he has two hands. There will be many more opportunities to meetup and compete in the future.

I’m unfortunately pessimistic about this whole situation. I’ve seen it before and usually these people turn out to be frauds. 

Usually with a broken bone that has been looked at, someone would actually be able to provide what bone it is, an x-ray with their name on it, a medical report, weight bearing precautions, a mechanism of injury, a prognosis, etc, in other words, something. Given this is just one more perfectly coincidental thing added onto the pile of already coincidental things, it is impossible for me to believe. Apparently leading up to the meetup, he was vacationing in Egypt...? Instead of training?

Want to know Dmitry's explanation for the injury?

"Camel"

• Like 3

Dang, too bad. I was honestly rooting for the guy, hoping he could prove a lot of us wrong. 

Maybe it's just me, but Nikita looks giant next to him. At this point, I have about a 2% chance of believing Dmitry. If he is that convincing at faking gripper closes out of the package, I'm sure he could feign a broken hand. Oh well! 🫤

Also, I have an anonymous friend from Russia who knows a little bit about Dmitry and word on the street is that he sold or traded some modified grippers to other gripsters claiming that they were stock and untouched, when in fact they were proven to be tampered with. That right there seems a little suspicious, no? There is a slight language barrier that I am doing my best to overcome, but that seems to be the gist of it. 🤷🏻

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Cannon said:

image.jpeg.178166a0cf300da013c9c922c5007efc.jpeg

Ahhh, the good ol' days! I wonder why Vache didn't ever pursue the #4... 🤔

On 2/22/2024 at 3:05 PM, bruce1337 said:

Seems like theres a formula for cheaters.

1. No credible witnesses

2. Insane claims that border on impossible

3. When pressed and challenged they back off with some excuse

4. Quit

Just waiting for #4

• Like 6

14 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I agree.. if he's legit wish him a speedy recovery

but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck....  its a duck

• Like 6

I'll be honest, I don't really know anything about Yurkovets.

But if we assume Dmitry is cheating, it does speak fairly well of Nikita that he presumably didn't even try and involve him.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2024 at 4:48 PM, kurtwpg said:

I'll be honest, I don't really know anything about Yurkovets.

But if we assume Dmitry is cheating, it does speak fairly well of Nikita that he presumably didn't even try and involve him.

Yurkovets is a badass dude! I would not mess with the guy on the street, haha. The only slightly off-putting sentiment of mine is that he, in so many words, publicly doubted and potentially denounced @Carl Myerscough in one of his videos that picked apart and analyzed his GHP 10 certification. Nikita is one strong mofo, but he declared that since he cannot even properly set/position a 10, let alone get the handles to touch, then by default Carl must be faking it. At least that's how I understood it with the Russian to English translation. 

Other than that, tremendous respect. I wonder what his testosterone levels are peaking at? 😄

Then again, however, if he vouches for Dmitry and Volegov ultimately turns out to be a fraud, then it seems to me that Yurkovets' reputation would diminish...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, degradated said:

Yurkovets is a badass dude! I would not mess with the guy on the street, haha. The only slightly off-putting sentiment of mine is that he, in so many words, publicly doubted and potentially denounced @Carl Myerscough in one of his videos that picked apart and analyzed his GHP 10 certification. Nikita is one strong mofo, but he declared that since he cannot even properly set/position a 10, let alone get the handles to touch, then by default Carl must be faking it. At least that's how I understood it with the Russian to English translation. 

Other than that, tremendous respect. I wonder what his testosterone levels are peaking at? 😄

Then again, however, if he vouches for Dmitry and Volegov ultimately turns out to be a fraud, then it seems to me that Yurkovets' reputation would diminish...

That seems like something where even a slight mistranslation could shift the meaning quite a bit.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kurtwpg said:

That seems like something where even a slight mistranslation could shift the meaning quite a bit.

I totally agree! I might be able to get my Russian friend to make a proper translation for me in writing based on what was said by Nikita in the aforementioned video.

To reiterate, I had confronted Dmitry about the translation that @insane.warrior posted:
"2 timecodes that allow you to better understand dmitry as a person:

1:01  "Americans (gripboard members) have burning asses (with envy)"

1:05 "the American nation does not exist".

And his exact response was:

Screenshot_20240816_092527_YouTube.thumb.jpg.0916a101c22c99ab14fc9c35670632f0.jpg

I would be reluctant to say that he's a fraud AND a liar, but I do not know enough about him or insane warrior to know which translation to trust. 🤷🏻

It looks like he deleted his gripboard account as I am unable to find any of his previous replies that were in this thread

Well this unfortunately seems to be unraveling about how I figured it would. I have a feeling we won't be hearing from him, or even seeing any "legitimate" videos for quite some time. Looking forward to Ivan being next to certify on the 4! At least there won't be any questions of legitimacy with him. Until then, I guess we will wait to see who the next prodigy that pops up from nowhere is.

• Like 3