Dmitry Volegov Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 4 Gripper

RHZGrip

Sorry but how on earth is either attempt considered a valid car swipe?

• Like 2

The way he positioned that gripper is no different to his other closes referenced so far.  I actually prefer that angle as it makes it easier to determine closure. 

Yeah, not being able to see the spring/mounting was disappointing - but that doesn't actually prove anything.

Use of the card - I have no issues or concerns there and obviously Ironmind were happy with it.  

I don't not believe he was trying to deliberately conceal the back of the packaging - it was all about trying to get a clear stable view of the barcode IMO.

in the absence of compelling evidence to the contrary I'll take it at face value. Why?  Mostly because he clearly had more in the tank for his earlier >3.5 cert clip<.

At the end of the day people will believe what they want to. . . . .and this thread should make it to at least 7 or 8 pages by Tuesday evening.

Just my 2 cents.. . . .proceed onward my fellow board members!

• Like 3

After watching it on the big screen tv I’d have to agree that the card wasn’t the standard I thought they wanted. Kind of sits above the middle of one handle and is good on the other. He actually kinda did what Randall explained to Pancho that people try to pass off haha.

But the close was easy enough to make it seem unimportant- but that’s the rules. 

without a legit ref it’s just entertainment and motivational content at this point.

• Like 5

Wow. First time I saw a 4 close on par with Kinney. Hopefully it wasn’t faked.

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

He closed that gripper with more power and dominance than Carl. Truly hes the best I've ever seen. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, lloyd80s said:

The Reaper next?

You're gonna have to make a heavier gripper. Doesn't matter what the spring looks like though, it will never be visible

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Ivan Cuk said:

I agree this is very suspicious, the requests for spread measurement were ignored it seems. The quality of these videos are also very poor as its pixelated. We need to as a community call this out especially after the incident with Tiziano, we don't want to make the same mistakes. However I would also state that is it the responsibility of the company doing the certs to look into this matter with more scrutiny after their situation in February (if they have not, that is alarming). The timeline also does not make sense at all, for those who often times bring up "there are freaks out there". Yes there are, but these "freaks" still have to train a good deal for a #4 cert, it isn't something you can linearly progress in with no off days, getting stronger is a painful process that invokes a ton of time and effort. This is quite insulting to those of us who put in the effort week in and week out to fight for small gains, unfortunately it seems like another unpleasant repeat of what happened in last year. We can do better than this, anytime something seems too good to be true or erroneous as in this case we should investigate it and remain skeptical to the very end until it has proven otherwise. Only then can we progress as a community and better the sport, I refer back to what I wrote the last time... Tiziano's will keep coming into our sport more and more.  

Ivan, you are pure class. Personally, if I could see anyone genuinely cert on the 4 under new rules, it would be you sir.

• Like 5

Hey now, I am more inclined to believe in Dmitry because he has trained and done grippers with Nikita Yurkovets, who absolutely is a credible witness.

Things may seem suspicious, but he does have training and legit closes in front of someone who is very strong and legitimate. 

I do not think this guy and Nikita are in cahoots, trying to fool the world together. 

I will say, this close was not done in front of Nikita. I cannot say for sure he is legitimate. However I am highly inclined to believe so because of his other strong closes in front of Nik. 

I remember people used to screech and squeal during the Italian fraud era when I suggested a witness was necessary. How funny. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

At first, I was blown away. My first thought wasn't to attack. Ive watched this video at least 15 times and there are so many red flag that my fascination for grippers and certs hid from me in the beginning. My biggest issue is the fact the he is clearly intentionally hiding the spring for some reason. Either he is really messing with the people that have been strict with him since he appeared or he is hiding a modified gripper. Its way too easy to fake packaging to make it look real. The only way to make it legit and fool proof is to measure spread and show the dang spring!!! Lol because of that spring hiding, I can only say that this isn’t legit. Even if it was, the card swipe was too sloppy for the Ironmind rules. I feel like Dr. Strossen has extreme respect for power and even if the card wasn’t inserted correctly, the close was powerful enough to satisfy his standard. It’s his company, his rules, his grippers, if he finds it to be good enough then we just have to accept it. I wish he just showed the spring. That's all

• Like 10

I, like others, am skeptical. We’re seeing some of the same brazenness that we have seen from others, like the hyper-accelerated timeline, doing multiple closes in rapid succession, etc. 

One thing I find interesting is that with the popularity and accessibility of the GM150 in Russia, why hasn’t he done it? It seems like all the top Russian gripsters do it and are all over the leaderboard. Apologies if he has and I haven’t seen it, but I didn’t see him on the leaderboard, and Google came up empty for me. It seems like he could smash the record with this type of closing power…

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I, like others, am skeptical. We’re seeing some of the same brazenness that we have seen from others, like the hyper-accelerated timeline, doing multiple closes in rapid succession, etc. 

One thing I find interesting is that with the popularity and accessibility of the GM150 in Russia, why hasn’t he done it? It seems like all the top Russian gripsters do it and are all over the leaderboard. Apologies if he has and I haven’t seen it, but I didn’t see him on the leaderboard, and Google came up empty for me. It seems like he could smash the record with this type of closing power…

Can't reglue a dyno. The fake springs were already visible in his other YouTube videos a long time ago. Screenshots were posted. We know why he is purposely hiding the springs. Too many parallels to tiziano. Going for reps, trying to go above and beyond to appear suave/cool. "You're just jealous of me" and deflecting every legitimate point brought up. It's all the same mentality. I knew he was fake a long time ago, maybe what it takes is a fake coc 4 cert for others to open their eyes to it.

• Like 6

Hello bros. 
Very impressive result!  I would love to see a demonstration of that monster strength live.  I'm on summer vacation in Russia in St. Petersburg.  In addition, I have no problem delivering a gripper from Russia to Finland or America.  We can discuss the details. 
Alexey Tyukalov

Edited by Alex Tank
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3

I will recant my earlier statement, it appears I was wrong, he did not close anything in front of Nik Yurkovets, so there is no credible witness. 

My apologies for the misinformation. 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, Ben Helms said:

Even if it was, the card swipe was too sloppy for the Ironmind rules. I feel like Dr. Strossen has extreme respect for power and even if the card wasn’t inserted correctly, the close was powerful enough to satisfy his standard. It’s his company, his rules, his grippers, if he finds it to be good enough then we just have to accept it.

I guess the question comes down to how much is skill valued? Because if you fumble a card swipe, spending time correcting it bleeds energy. So if everything else was legit, then he's strong enough. But would he have been strong enough to fumble with it a hair longer and still close it?

2 minutes ago, kurtwpg said:

I guess the question comes down to how much is skill valued? Because if you fumble a card swipe, spending time correcting it bleeds energy. So if everything else was legit, then he's strong enough. But would he have been strong enough to fumble with it a hair longer and still close it?

I think so…just by judging he held it closed a good 5 seconds, then immediately did another close. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, slazbob said:

I think so…just by judging he held it closed a good 5 seconds, then immediately did another close. 

I was just about to say that hahah

• Like 1

There is also word going around that he has sold counterfeit tetting grippers before. I don't have a solid source of exactly who bought them yet, but this is where I first got the idea he was likely using fake grippers before I saw the abnormal springs on videos that weren't totally hidden. If anyone knows who may have purchased these please share. This was exactly why I suspected early on tiziano was using fake grippers as well, because tiziano also was making fake tettings among all the other fake coc/ghp grippers he made. If someone makes a fake gripper, they're not going to make just 1 and then stop. From the IG page tiziano shared with his friend that is still currently up, there are voice messages from that account where tiziano was asking what kind of custom grippers people would buy if he made them. So there seems to be a correlation between making fake grippers and also using fake grippers. 

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, dubyagrip said:

If there is indeed another instance of cheating here, then I think Ironmind needs to take significant measures to overhaul their process or revert back to referee only.  Failure to do so will be a clear signal that they simply do not care about anything more than selling grippers.  The inconsistency in judging is also frustrating. 

I can tell you that even though I'm not as upset about the cheating as most of you, this kind of crap is very discouraging.  I really want the Mash Monster cert back.

That was a great interview with Randy from gripsport latinobut I get the feeling at this point thats all he cares about is sales.  When he said and I'm paraphrasing get your IM equipment while you can because I'm not sure what the future holds for us... Again that is my impression, and there's nothing wrong with saying that he's a smart businessman. 

I'm looking forward to mash monster coming back... level the playing field everyone uses the same grippers, any signs of fraudulence or the grippers being tampered with will be obvious.  Thats the only gripper cert I'll be taking serious for the time being.

• Like 3

1. Why care there Russian cards and stuff in box that the American company IronMind has shipped?

2. Why is there no credit card in the IronMind box? The card is already out on the side. IronMind inclused it in their certification box.

3. Credit card swipes are not done correctly.

4. We never clearly see the spring.

5. Gripper leaves the frame after first close.

6. Barcode looks worn down, not new.

7. Why hide part of the back?

8. Second credit card swipe also wrong.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

That was a great interview with Randy from gripsport latinobut I get the feeling at this point thats all he cares about is sales.  When he said and I'm paraphrasing get your IM equipment while you can because I'm not sure what the future holds for us... Again that is my impression, and there's nothing wrong with saying that he's a smart businessman. 

I'm looking forward to mash monster coming back... level the playing field everyone uses the same grippers, any signs of fraudulence or the grippers being tampered with will be obvious.  Thats the only gripper cert I'll be taking serious for the time being.

This is exactly my takeaway from why CTD only allows 15 inch loading pin and not 12 inch. If incidental leg contact is a problem, a 12 inch pin would logically help prevent that by starting lower. But they make more money requiring everyone to buy a 15 inch loading pin than if they made less selling 12 inch loading pins. "15 inch fits more weight" yeah you can fit 200 lbs on like 4 inches of loading pin.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AbsoRuud said:

9. He doesn't hold the gripper upright as is required by IronMind.

You're misunderstanding that requirement. The spring cannot be facing down in your hand. The closure has to be at your pinkie, which it was. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cannon said:

You're misunderstanding that requirement. The spring cannot be facing down in your hand. The closure has to be at your pinkie, which it was. 

Dang! Everyone seems to beat me to these replies 🤣