Dmitry Volegov Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 4 Gripper

RHZGrip

I think Ironmind should learn from this and from now on only accept the elite level certs such as the no 4 and gold nail be done in a strict official setting with credible witnesses present.

• Like 12

3 hours ago, David_wigren said:

I think Ironmind should learn from this and from now on only accept the elite level certs such as the no 4 and gold nail be done in a strict official setting with credible witnesses present.

They should do that for all certs and records. Video was good during restrictions, no need for it anymore.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

They should do that for all certs and records. Video was good during restrictions, no need for it anymore.

What about those of us who live in Europe or Asia were judges aren’t easily available? 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Grepm.m said:

What about those of us who live in Europe or Asia were judges aren’t easily available? 

I'd say keep the video certs for the "easier" stuff; Red nail, #3 and #3.5. For a gold nail or a #4, that's pretty much almost beyond world class at that point so you might as well travel a bit to get certified on those with credible witnesses.

Excuses, excuses, excuses. If you're competing in a sport you need to travel, it's that simple. There's no money in powerlifting either, if you want to compete you have to travel. Why should it be any different with grip sport. 

16 minutes ago, Glitch said:

I'd say keep the video certs for the "easier" stuff; Red nail, #3 and #3.5. For a gold nail or a #4, that's pretty much almost beyond world class at that point so you might as well travel a bit to get certified on those with credible witnesses.

Yes because bending a red nail under the current rules and certing the #3.5 is such easy feats of strength.

Why bother certing at all.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Fist of Fury said:

Excuses, excuses, excuses. If you're competing in a sport you need to travel, it's that simple. There's no money in powerlifting either, if you want to compete you have to travel. Why should it be any different with grip sport. 

Yes because bending a red nail under the current rules and certing the #3.5 is such easy feats of strength.

Why bother certing at all.

I never said they are easy. I said a red nail is easier than a gold nail and #3, #3.5 are easier than a #4.

6 hours ago, Grepm.m said:

Imagine traveling that far just to close a gripper. I suppose from that perspective, the video certs are a blessing. Still though, it's a shame people take advantage of such things

Edited by Luke Blackwell

2 minutes ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Imagine traveling that far just to close a gripper. 

I believe in the past they have reached out to local lifting federations and tapped judges who are already used to judging sports lifts. Even if the judge’s only role is to manage the gripper and watch them take a video, that’s probably worth it. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cannon said:

I believe in the past they have reached out to local lifting federations and tapped judges who are already used to judging sports lifts. Even if the judge’s only role is to manage the gripper and watch them take a video, that’s probably worth it. 

That makes sense. 

5 minutes ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Have there been other video cert cheat attempts?

Here is where it all unraveled for the most recent high-profile cheater. 

• Thanks 2

Too much drama for me...

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of what will become the premier gripper certification: Mash Monster!

• Like 6

The stories between Tiziano and Dmitry are so similar you could almost just swap the name and have it be the same story, right down to hiring reputable well known coaches to try to sell the idea that they became the "best in the world" in just months, while using fake grippers to cheat certs. You can still see tizianos fake GHP8 and GHP9 certs on GHP's YouTube channel. They were both too good for the 3 cert, and went for reps on the 3.5 cert as well. The only real difference is tiziano got greedy and started the fake scale stunts which is what started the serious investigation into what ultimately outed his fake gripper certs after closer examination, while it appears Dmitry tried to pull the fake broken arm stunt and stop responding to anyone and basically disappear. Both tiziano and Dmitry turned down the free trip to Dubai to show their strength to a reputable witness in person as well. They also both stated that anyone who questioned them was just jealous..lol

Edited by C8Myotome
  • Like 3

40 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Too much drama for me...

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of what will become the premier gripper certification: Mash Monster!

Agreed, but I'm still interested what made IM/the judges change their mind. Is there new evidence? If not, why now?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, matek said:

Agreed, but I'm still interested what made IM/the judges change their mind. Is there new evidence? If not, why now?

There is.

I think it's on a need to know basis, and I don't want to betray confidence, but I can say it has been completely proven he cheated.

• Like 6

For multiple reasons I will never spend my money on Ironmind products again. Anyone who thought this guys cert was real might also believe the earth is flat. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Glitch said:

I never said they are easy. I said a red nail is easier than a gold nail and #3, #3.5 are easier than a #4.

You're arguing we shouldn't have the same rules for different levels of the certification. Which is stupid.

Gold nail bend will never happen ever with the current rules. 

10 hours ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Imagine traveling that far just to close a gripper. I suppose from that perspective, the video certs are a blessing. Still though, it's a shame people take advantage of such things

Imagine spending houndreds and houndreds of $$$ on grip equipment and invest a big amount of training with them. Then not be willing to travel for a day to meet others with the same intrest.

If you're not able to do that, maybe your name shouldn't be on the list.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

What makes you say that? Their rules are pretty ridiculous but it’s not impossible. 

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

You're arguing we shouldn't have the same rules for different levels of the certification. Which is stupid.

I mean my reasoning is mostly like; If you deadlift 250kg, it's super impressive, but not something you'd necessarily need to certify with reliable witnesses because enough people have done it that it is not something only a few people have done. It is believable without proof from witnesses, so to speak. However, if you deadlift 500kg, you are borderlining the world record and that is a claim which should not go unconfirmed by multiple reliable witnesses. Nobody is going to believe you deadlifting 500kg unless you do it publicly.

I can come halfway with you and say that #3.5 is also something you should certify under reliable supervision, as there's not many people either who have done it.

Edited by Glitch
Edited the kg amount from 300 to 250, more realistic

1 hour ago, Fist of Fury said:

Imagine spending houndreds and houndreds of $$$ on grip equipment and invest a big amount of training with them. Then not be willing to travel for a day to meet others with the same intrest.

If you're not able to do that, maybe your name shouldn't be on the list.

Of course. And if I had to, I would travel. However, my point was simply that the video certs have the potential to be a good thing. But we don't live in a perfect world and people are corrupt. 

• Like 2

Only 21 athletes closed 3.5 during 16 years. And some of them did it on remote(video).

3.5 closes, 4 closes, even ghp 9, and especially ghp 10 might be judged OFFLINE with reliable witnesses.

Measurements like spring diameter, spread should be performed BEFORE as well as AFTER close attempt.

Rate measurement should be IMMEDITIALLY performed AFTER close attempt. OFFLINE. ALWAYS.

8 minutes ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Of course. And if I had to, I would travel. However, my point was simply that the video certs have the potential to be a good thing. But we don't live in a perfect world and people are corrupt. 

Video closes make sense for pre-close (qualification). To confirm your strength potential. IMO

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Austin Seitter said:

What makes you say that? Their rules are pretty ridiculous but it’s not impossible. 

I don't mean to be negative. I know you're a strong steel bender. Keep believing. But my prediction is that it will never ever happen with those rules.

I mean only one guy has completed it with the old rules, which was hard enough.

3 hours ago, Glitch said:

I mean my reasoning is mostly like; If you deadlift 250kg, it's super impressive, but not something you'd necessarily need to certify with reliable witnesses because enough people have done it that it is not something only a few people have done. It is believable without proof from witnesses, so to speak. However, if you deadlift 500kg, you are borderlining the world record and that is a claim which should not go unconfirmed by multiple reliable witnesses. Nobody is going to believe you deadlifting 500kg unless you do it publicly.

I can come halfway with you and say that #3.5 is also something you should certify under reliable supervision, as there's not many people either who have done it.

All certs should have the same rules otherwise they aren't legit in the same way. If something is easier is not relevant at all. All sports use the same rules it doesn't matter if you're a 65 kg weightlifter or 165 kg. It's still the same rules, suggesting it shouldn't be the same rules is just nonsense.

3 hours ago, Luke Blackwell said:

That's because you're a newbie and haven't followed grip sport so you don't know what has happend. The last year has made it very clear that video certs are a very bad idea.

Edited by Fist of Fury