Dmitry Volegov Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 4 Gripper

RHZGrip

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

If I recall correctly, silverback actually showed up to a comp and was strong. He won by a very large margin. However- he did admit faking those closes at that very same comp! 

Food for thought. 

I was there at that comp and talked with him. Not once did he mention to faking gripper closes in front of me. Mentioned the spot on his hand he injured from doing negatives. But if he talked with anyone about faking closes, it wasn't me and I have no clue who it was.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, John McCarter said:

I was there at that comp and talked with him. Not once did he mention to faking gripper closes in front of me. Mentioned the spot on his hand he injured from doing negatives. But if he talked with anyone about faking closes, it wasn't me and I have no clue who it was.

Very interesting. Like I said, I may not recall correctly from what I read. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

If I recall correctly, silverback actually showed up to a comp and was strong. He won by a very large margin. However- he did admit faking those closes at that very same comp! 

Food for thought. 

Indeed, I referenced this story and tagged John McCarter, who subsequently confirmed the compensation story. This occurred during Tiziano's hunt down. Therefore, as David Wigren mentioned, the only critical factor is having a credible witness; nothing else is of significance.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Very interesting. Like I said, I may not recall correctly from what I read. 

You can see my take here back in February

and John's reply was exactly below mine.

My comment (in case the link didn't work):-

I don't want to echo what I said in this topic. But there is no need to find out how exactly he did it (although a BIG congratulations on those figuring it out). I just want people to use common sense. I mean it was what few people including me were saying all along.

I see that timmy is mentioned here. I mentioned him before in another Tiziano topics. But you see me mentioning timmy over the years from 2006 I believe onwards. Timmy's real name is Samuel Scott. He used to live in Australia back then. I believe once Ben Edwards sold him a gripper and then the guy was foot stomping his gripper, cooking it, torching it, drilling it and the #4 reduced to a strength of a weak CoC #2. Yup that is true. After he was caught he admitted it. Timmy always changed usernames like Steel/Steels and so on.

There are many across my timeline here which is around 20 years but usually with these frauds we see no common sense with people in general and people get deep into philosophical ideas/laws to defend a fraud. Heck even Silverback (another fraud) was STRONG. He even competed and got either the first or second. I believe @John McCarter was there? But guess what? He was faking gripper closes for the sake of acknowledgment from a handful of people online in this niche sport. @David_wigren (and few others like @Londonjoseph) was saying go and meet someone credible, and again another, and compete. That was and still is easy to do. Heck, I offered him a Dubai trip. You gotta be crazy or a fraud to decline my offer. There is no other explanation. 

What Tiziano did here was a big thing to people who vouched (or are still vouching for him). He had Sam, Carl and Nathan vouching for him. Sam still is. I know Sam well. I am his friend from a long time and we visited each others gym (in England and Dubai). He is super strong and a great coach. One year ago at my gym (Jan 2023) I asked him what does he think of him. He said he didn't meet him but coaches him online and Sam's coach isn't cheap, so why will he lie? I understand where Sam is coming from, but please Sam stay away from this guy as he will try to hurt your reputation. I will NOT be shocked if he later blamed it all on Sam and will say it is Sam's idea to advertise himself.

I know my friend Joseph Sullivan isn't here anymore but I know he would call a spade a spade. I am mentioning him because something similar happened when he was around with a gripper close. Many talk to me via IG regarding this scammer. Some are saying not to bring IM cert issues here and people should take it to IM or the other company which Tiz is certified. I think it is important to expose him and make a example out of him to other frauds. What IM will do is up to them. We are discussing the integrity here, nothing else. After all, getting our names on a list isn't getting us money. Winning a gold medal isn't about the gold because they aren't made out of gold. It is about the recognition, competition and integrity. Gold medals are made out of our pain, sweat, hard work, dedication, blood, bone changing, injuries and et cetera. The biggest joke is when he "certed" on the CoC #3.5. Derek Palmeri certed on the #3 in the news before him and literally his forearms was twice as big as Tiz. What a total joke. We shouldn't allow a fool to come and piss on anyone's hard work and accomplishments. 

Tiziano's #4 is as strong as a weak #2. That is all. Word is bond (if you know, you know). If he disagrees, be man enough and meet with a credible witness of our choice and prove us wrong. I am waiting...

On 2/10/2024 at 1:28 PM, David_wigren said:

I don’t see why it would. Maybe if you lived in a remote part of the world with almost no people at all. But for most there will be a suitable witness/referee within an hours drive. And if you happen to live in a desolate village deep in the mountains of China (or insert other remote place in the world). And no suitable witness is ever found nearby. Well then maybe you should have to travel in order to cert. At least if we’re talking about a 3.5 or a 4.

Agreed. I missed my red nail cert back in 2007 because there was no witness at the time. I did it later in 2012 exactly after my honeymoon. If I wanted it so bad in 2007, I could've gone to somewhere where witnesses are available. 

And John's reply:-

@Alawadhi Yes, I did in fact meet Silverback Grip in person. 2016, The Southern Squeeze contest. There was rumors going around if he would show up. He was an internet troll, I mean with that title hanging over your head, any claim you make about showing up in person is where most people would dismiss anything said. Dude showed up and was massive! He won the contest without question. We didn't question him about how strong he was, he proved it.

He might have faked the gripper closes, but his intention was for entertainment. 

Yes, his gripper strength was nowhere the claimed #4 level. But I talked to him about that, his videos, he outright said he was sorry for making those videos in front of me. Being too cocky for his own good was something that he didn't like from his past. I could read it on his face in that moment.

Held up his right hand, showed the exact spot on his palm, and I looked at it like my life depended on it. There was a small mark there. I believe there was/is and injury that occurred within his training since he trained negatives. The reason I claim my belief for this, I almost had the same injury myself from doing negatives, but I stopped, whereas he didn't.

He did state before injuring his right hand, he was close, within reach of the level of #4. Not at the #4 but within reach. He didn't state if he was closing 190lb grippers, or if he reached 210lbs rating. 

Edit: Let's forget silverback and get back to Dmitry for now.

Edited by Alawadhi
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Jared P said:

2 timecodes that allow you to better understand dmitry as a person:

1:01  "Americans (gripboard members) have burning asses (with envy)"

1:05 "the American nation does not exist".

Edited by insane.warrior

5 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

I am glad it is only that and not the complimentary crawfish boil I had at the airport terminal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

22 minutes ago, insane.warrior said:

Lol Once he proves he's not faking anything, we can take him serious.

But at this point, the burden of proof is all on him. 

• Like 1

The russian nationalism be hitting

17 hours ago, insane.warrior said:

So gripboard members now are Americans? I always thought I was an Emirati. Maybe he know more about the gripboard like he knows more about grippers...

Just prove yourself instead of these videos.

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, Alawadhi said:

So gripboard members now are Americans? I always thought I was an Emirati. Maybe he know more about the gripboard like he knows more about grippers...

Just prove yourself instead of these videos.

Until he competes in a contest, or meets with a credible witness and duplicates the claimed feats on other people's equipment, everything should remain skeptical.

• Like 8

People always take skepticism so personal but it never is, simply extraordinary feats require extraordinary evidence it's really not that complicated. If you are a known athlete and perform a feat similar to your previous feats then less evidence is needed, but if you are relatively unknown with a claim of a world class feat you should expect extra scrutiny this is not a personal insult just the method to verify reality

• Like 8

1 hour ago, John McCarter said:

Until he competes in a contest, or meets with a credible witness and duplicates the claimed feats on other people's equipment, everything should remain skeptical.

Yup

21 minutes ago, Climber028 said:

People always take skepticism so personal but it never is, simply extraordinary feats require extraordinary evidence it's really not that complicated. If you are a known athlete and perform a feat similar to your previous feats then less evidence is needed, but if you are relatively unknown with a claim of a world class feat you should expect extra scrutiny this is not a personal insult just the method to verify reality

And yup!

• Like 5

Just watched him doing a number 4 close with measurements as well! I loved watching that. There is a very high chance he is legit. Even though the card swipe for his cert was off, I do not think he was faking at this point. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@SeNoLD do you know this guy? 

I think you were active in the thread about Tiziano. What’s your thoughts regarding this over-dominating performance?

5 hours ago, Ben Helms said:

Just watched him doing a number 4 close with measurements as well! I loved watching that. There is a very high chance he is legit. Even though the card swipe for his cert was off, I do not think he was faking at this point. 

He answers a lot of critiques with this video. Although it didn’t look as effortless as the cert. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grepm.m said:

He answers a lot of critiques with this video. Although it didn’t look as effortless as the cert. 

I agree but in the same token, hitting grippers at that level every time just doesn’t happen. This video may finally be exposing him as actually being human and wearing out lol it’s about time! 

• Like 1

Dmitry just posted this video about an hour ago. It is his recertification of a COC 4 with plenty of measurements taken this time and pretty undeniable evidence that he is not cheating, at least in my opinion. 

Regarding his comments in the previous video about Americans being nothing, apparently the auto-translate was not correct. He was making a reference to Americans being a mix of people from other countries ultimately. I don't think he meant any disrespect. He seems like a decent guy and is quite strong evidently. I mentioned in the comments that he should go for a GHP10 but his is rated 267 which is a monster. 

There are other people, however that are making comments that Americans are losers and that Carl's certification should be revoked. This should not reflect on Dmitry at all, as there are always trolls who are hating on a specific crowd, Americans in this case.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, degradated said:

Dmitry just posted this video about an hour ago. It is his recertification of a COC 4 with plenty of measurements taken this time and pretty undeniable evidence that he is not cheating, at least in my opinion. 

Regarding his comments in the previous video about Americans being nothing, apparently the auto-translate was not correct. He was making a reference to Americans being a mix of people from other countries ultimately. I don't think he meant any disrespect. He seems like a decent guy and is quite strong evidently. I mentioned in the comments that he should go for a GHP10 but his is rated 267 which is a monster. 

There are other people, however that are making comments that Americans are losers and that Carl's certification should be revoked. This should not reflect on Dmitry at all, as there are always trolls who are hating on a specific crowd, Americans in this case.

I too find few reason to doubt after this. 

Someone can mail him their rated CoC 4 for him to close it straight out of the package lol.

It won’t be me, because I’m not sacrificing my 220 rated 4! 

AGAIN!!!!! CREDIBLE WITNESS OR NOTHING!

• Like 1

I have a few notes. Not making claims, just observations.

He goes out of his way to do a "cert" close with a brand new coc.4 which is very commendable, albeit no witness.

He proceeds to do all measurements whilst blocking the end of the calliper with his hand so we can't see that he aligns it properly.

His gripper spread goes 75.02mm, 74.38mm, 74.42mm. Though this could be due to slightly improper measuring because of heightened nerves.

He made the closes look really easy, he even closed it while still talking. That type of crushing strength is unreal.

Congratulations 

3 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

He goes out of his way to do a "cert" close with a brand new coc.4 which is very commendable, albeit no witness.

He proceeds to do all measurements whilst blocking the end of the calliper with his hand so we can't see that he aligns it properly.

His gripper spread goes 75.02mm, 74.38mm, 74.42mm. Though this could be due to slightly improper measuring because of heightened nerves.

He made the closes look really easy, he even closed it while still talking. That type of crushing strength is unreal.

Congratulations 

It is really funny how his gripping hand is ever so still, while making the CCS and the same time talking. And then making another effortless close. It is like deadlifting 550 kg, drop the bar and in a few seconds make another lift. Really amusing 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, degradated said:

Regarding his comments in the previous video about Americans being nothing, apparently the auto-translate was not correct. He was making a reference to Americans being a mix of people from other countries ultimately. I don't think he meant any disrespect.

No auto-translate, I've translated it as a native speaker.

Here is an extended version. I didn't invent anything and didn't add anything extra, draw your own conclusions.

Original:
0:49 - 1:09 "... (про юрковца) ничего бы этого вообще не было бы, никакой сертификации, не было бы занятий и не было бы такого дикого бомбо пердака у америкOнцев. АмерикОнцев, даже исковеркал их нацию. Хотя такой нации вообще не существует, да, все мы знаем географию и историю."

In English:

0:49 - 1:09 "... (about yurkovets) none of this would have happened at all, there would be no certification, there would be no workouts and the AmericOns would not have such a wild bombing asses. AmericOns, I've even distorted their nation. Although such a nation does not exist at all, yeah, we all know geography and history."

Edited by insane.warrior
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bruce1337 said:

Congratulations 

I think those spread measurements are within the normal range of what is lost after closing a gripper for the first couple of times.

If he's cheating, I'm not sure how at this point.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

I think those spread measurements are within the normal range of what is lost after closing a gripper for the first couple of times.

If he's cheating, I'm not sure how at this point.

Yes but the spread gets slightly wider after the third close. But like I said its most likely just improper measuring.