Dmitry Volegov Certifies on the Captains of Crush No. 4 Gripper

RHZGrip

Excellent 

Great effort!

I don't have any evidence so I don't want to mudsling but I guess it's just hard to believe. Has anyone ever seen such a dominant #4 close from a credit card set? Or just at all? He snapped it shut instantly and held it for like 10 seconds and then did it again right away. I can't even begin to imagine being that strong. If it's a real close then all props to him, that's incredible. Even without any kind of evidence I still have to be really skeptical 

• Like 11

Wow. He made light work of the 3.5 earlier this year, but i still wasn't expecting such an explosive/smooth close. Theres no denying that. Idk though. Too good?

Edited by MrSadFace

The before/after close spread measurements were never posted. Sketchy things about this video include the bar code sticker, hiding the back of the package which looks intentional. The spring looked very intentionally hidden, as was the case with most of his other youtube videos. Yes the closes were ridiculously fast.

When Carl certed, there was a lot of wrist shaking/wrist stability evidenced to offset the poundage of the gripper. Dmitry has no wrist shake, effortless setting, effortless lightning fast closing, holding it forever, then blowing on his hand lol before doing another rep. Really?

I also saw the video of Dmitry supposedly closing a GHP10 to parallel which would be about 220 RGC. If I remember correctly, Carl certed CoC 4 and GHP10 in what seemed like weeks apart (feel free to correct the actual dates), but it was not very long apart.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Dmitry can close a GHP10 to only parallel, but then do 2 CoC 4 cert closes seconds apart, and hold them for all day long with no rest in between which if for some insane reason was true, would surpass Carl's performance for CoC 4 cert by a long shot.

It has already been proven that and how these videos can be faked, and given all the other things that has been discussed, I once again am not believing that this is a real close, or really any other videos I've seen of this guy, I actually have no idea what is is capable of doing on a real gripper. I know many others are not believing this video either as I have already spoken extensively in detail in private about it with others that agree on all of these points and more.

I am disappointed at what this hobby is and am embarassed to say that this is something I do for fun, when this kind of thing goes on repeatedly

• Like 15

18 minutes ago, The Under Table said:

Next Step: In front of a credible witness!!!!

Yep.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

The before/after close spread measurements were never posted. Sketchy things about this video include the bar code sticker, hiding the back of the package which looks intentional. The spring looked very intentionally hidden, as was the case with most of his other youtube videos. Yes the closes were ridiculously fast.

When Carl certed, there was a lot of wrist shaking/wrist stability evidenced to offset the poundage of the gripper. Dmitry has no wrist shake, effortless setting, effortless lightning fast closing, holding it forever, then blowing on his hand lol before doing another rep. Really?

I also saw the video of Dmitry supposedly closing a GHP10 to parallel which would be about 220 RGC. If I remember correctly, Carl certed CoC 4 and GHP10 in what seemed like weeks apart (feel free to correct the actual dates), but it was not very long apart.

I find it extremely difficult to believe that Dmitry can close a GHP10 to only parallel, but then do 2 CoC 4 cert closes seconds apart, and hold them for all day long with no rest in between which if for some insane reason was true, would surpass Carl's performance for CoC 4 cert by a long shot.

It has already been proven that and how these videos can be faked, and given all the other things that has been discussed, I once again am not believing that this is a real close, or really any other videos I've seen of this guy, I actually have no idea what is is capable of doing on a real gripper. I know many others are not believing this video either as I have already spoken extensively in detail in private about it with others that agree on all of these points and more.

I am disappointed at what this hobby is and am embarassed to say that this is something I do for fun, when this kind of thing goes on repeatedly

Couldn’t have said it any better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Either this guy is significantly stronger than the widely accepted current (and probably all time) strongest gripper closer - by quite some margin, or he just by chance got a 4 with a 2 spring, or worse.

I will say that the standards for IronMind certs have gone significantly downhill and has allowed multiple cheaters already. The rules also specifically state that the card must be passed through the handles, which neither of these are, and this has happened in basically every cert video I have seen recently. Rules that aren't enforced don't exist. 

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

I agree this is very suspicious, the requests for spread measurement were ignored it seems. The quality of these videos are also very poor as its pixelated. We need to as a community call this out especially after the incident with Tiziano, we don't want to make the same mistakes. However I would also state that is it the responsibility of the company doing the certs to look into this matter with more scrutiny after their situation in February (if they have not, that is alarming). The timeline also does not make sense at all, for those who often times bring up "there are freaks out there". Yes there are, but these "freaks" still have to train a good deal for a #4 cert, it isn't something you can linearly progress in with no off days, getting stronger is a painful process that invokes a ton of time and effort. This is quite insulting to those of us who put in the effort week in and week out to fight for small gains, unfortunately it seems like another unpleasant repeat of what happened in last year. We can do better than this, anytime something seems too good to be true or erroneous as in this case we should investigate it and remain skeptical to the very end until it has proven otherwise. Only then can we progress as a community and better the sport, I refer back to what I wrote the last time... Tiziano's will keep coming into our sport more and more.  

• Like 20

1 hour ago, C8Myotome said:

My thoughts exactly.

• Like 2

If there is indeed another instance of cheating here, then I think Ironmind needs to take significant measures to overhaul their process or revert back to referee only.  Failure to do so will be a clear signal that they simply do not care about anything more than selling grippers.  The inconsistency in judging is also frustrating. 

I can tell you that even though I'm not as upset about the cheating as most of you, this kind of crap is very discouraging.  I really want the Mash Monster cert back.

• Like 18

If this is legit I will feel bad for piling on the guy who is in a difficult location for getting better oversight.

But it does stand out that Ivan was widely expected to be the next #4, did his 3.5 three years ago. Carl went 5 years between 3.5 and 4.

• Like 3

Rank newb speaking here, but after having seen the video, is the card ever between the widest part of the handles?

• Like 5

Just now, kurtwpg said:

Rank newb speaking here, but after having seen the video, is the card ever between the widest part of the handles?

Not up to the standard others, including Carl, were held to.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kurtwpg said:

The first close, yes the second he rushed though because he was afraid he wasn’t going to do it. Which makes me feel he’s legit.

• Haha 2

Just now, kurtwpg said:

No, legal start position was very obviously failed. That's the least of the problems in this video, but should have been a failed cert on that alone, showing inconsistent judging. There were so many other things to note I forgot to even write about this one 

• Like 1

From the Ironmind site : Volegov has certified on the Captains of Crush (CoC) No. 4 gripper with no question about it being a legal attempt from start to finish.

I am starting to wonder now as well. The part that puzzles me is the way in the video that the spring is always hidden from view. I know they really want to see certain angles but to me is starting to feel like no worth or credibility in ever getting a cert from Ironmind.

• Like 1

Has anyone watched his other recent closes? I saw his coc4 close last month. And a few weeks ago he has a video closing a coc4, a silarukov 150, ghp9 and a Standard Tungsten all in a row quite easily. Crushing those 4 grippers so casually in a minute seems odd to say the least..  I can't imagine going through the hassle of faking each of them though, maybe i shouldnt be surprised. I don't want to call him a fraud, but after the most recent event I think it's only natural to be a bit skeptical.

For those who haven't seen the video I'm referring to.

https://youtu.be/VeQlqPxY8KY?si=B-fBxiFGKm6aPm9h

• Like 3