Seeking info on record lifts

Kasper

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I'm curious to know about some impressive feats of strength, specifically:

1. What is the highest weight you've seen or heard lifted in a one-arm deadlift with a standard powerlifting barbell, without using a hook grip or straps?

2. What is the heaviest combined weight during a one-arm hang on a pull-up bar for over 5 seconds?

3. What is the biggest weight lifted in a one-arm deadlift using Fat Gripz Extreme?

Thank you in advance for sharing any information or records you might know about!

Best regards,

Kasper

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Kasper said:

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all doing well! I'm curious to know about some impressive feats of strength, specifically:

1. What is the highest weight you've seen or heard lifted in a one-arm deadlift with a standard powerlifting barbell, without using a hook grip or straps?

2. What is the heaviest combined weight during a one-arm hang on a pull-up bar for over 5 seconds?

3. What is the biggest weight lifted in a one-arm deadlift using Fat Gripz Extreme?

Thank you in advance for sharing any information or records you might know about!

Best regards,

Kasper

I know there was a challenge once in a grip reddit to show how much you could deadlift on an olympic barbell with one hand, no straps or hook.  I recall I did 235 pounds, which was nowhere near the best, but I am not a big guy.  I would guess the highest is well over 300 (and would be even higher but for no strap or hook grip), but I'm curious to see what replies you get.

• Like 1

The All Around Weight Lifting records should all be shown on their site.  More lifts recorded than you can imagine.

https://www.usawa.com/ 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I know there was a challenge once in a grip reddit to show how much you could deadlift on an olympic barbell with one hand, no straps or hook.  I recall I did 235 pounds, which was nowhere near the best, but I am not a big guy.  I would guess the highest is well over 300 (and would be even higher but for no strap or hook grip), but I'm curious to see what replies you get.

Here's that grip comp from reddit in February 2019. Best lift was 340 by Justin Clifford (@deadlifttherapy)

Edited by devinhoo
  • Like 2

Thanks for replys :) I saw a video of Mark Felix deadlifting 215kg with one arm. Hard to say tho was it hook grip or not. If its without hook grip it must be the most impressive feat of grip stregth i have heard. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/4/2024 at 8:50 AM, Kasper said:

Thanks for replys :) I saw a video of Mark Felix deadlifting 215kg with one arm. Hard to say tho was it hook grip or not. If its without hook grip it must be the most impressive feat of grip stregth i have heard. 

Yousef Eddessa deadlifted 500lbs for 3 reps, with one hand, earlier this year. At a body weight of about 220lbs I believe. No straps of course, I'm assuming he used hook grip? I don't know, but either way its insanely impressive. His regular traditional  deadlift is near 800lbs without straps as well.

Supposedly Hermann Goerner one hand deadlifted (full range of motion) 730lbs on October 8th in 1920 in Germany. This was unofficial and allegedly his "official" one hand deadlift a few weeks later was over 660lbs. Interesting stuff.

Those results were all done with hook grip.

My orange fat gripz extreme one hand wr is 200lb, from some years back, hopefully I could do more now. It's on my instagram page.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Carl Myerscough said:

Those results were all done with hook grip.

My orange fat gripz extreme one hand wr is 200lb, from some years back, hopefully I could do more now. It's on my instagram page.

I saw Chris James got 240lbs with one hand a couple weeks ago. I wonder if he plans on making an official attempt, or how one would go about that.

1 hour ago, MrSadFace said:

I saw Chris James got 240lbs with one hand a couple weeks ago. I wonder if he plans on making an official attempt, or how one would go about that.

You saw that where exactly? There's only about 5 men in the world who could possibly lift that with the blue fat gripz let alone the orange. 

14 minutes ago, Carl Myerscough said:

You saw that where exactly? There's only about 5 men in the world who could possibly lift that with the blue fat gripz let alone the orange. 

On his YouTube page. Maybe it wasn't quite a full lock-out. It looked pretty legitimate to me though. Would definitely love to hear your opinion on this and his other lifts Carl.

Edited by MrSadFace
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Carl Myerscough said:

REMOVE THIS POST!

Because I can't do it myself for some reason.

Edited by Fist of Fury

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

REMOVE THIS POST!

Because I can't do it myself for some reason.

I'm sorry did I do something wrong?

8 minutes ago, MrSadFace said:

I'm sorry did I do something wrong?

I was reffering to my own post...

4 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

I was reffering to my own post...

Oh I don't see anything of yours. It just showed you quoted me/the video and said "REMOVE THIS POST". I thought I broke a rule or something. Phew.

I know Chris James used to post on here some, it doesn't appear he's active on here anymore though. Looks like he and two younger fellows (possibly his sons?) have some very impressive lifts on his channel too. It's good to see he's still going at it, and strong as hell.

10 minutes ago, MrSadFace said:

Oh I don't see anything of yours. It just showed you quoted me/the video and said "REMOVE THIS POST". I thought I broke a rule or something. Phew.

I know Chris James used to post on here some, it doesn't appear he's active on here anymore though. Looks like he and two younger fellows (possibly his sons?) have some very impressive lifts on his channel too. It's good to see he's still going at it, and strong as hell.

Nope, I did not quote you, I posted the same thing a second after you.

Chris James is one of the strongest grip guys ever. So it's no surprise he can lift these kind of weights with the Orange fatgripz.

Edited by Fist of Fury
  • Like 1

Very strong stuff, but there are videos on there showing a 200kg axle and failing 110 and 105 one hand axle. This is a massive discrepancy. It makes me think he has a bar that does not spin at all for the fat gripz lifts. 240lb one hand lift with an orange fat gripz on a bar that spins would be worth a 270lb inch dumbbell lift. Obviously a 200kg axle and a 105kg one hand axle is worth about 210-215lb inch dumbbell at best. This is one of the difficulties with fat gripz lifts and came up as an issue in one of the Armlifting usa online comps in the early days.

Edited by Carl Myerscough
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Nope, I did not quote you, I posted the same thing a second after you.

Chris James is one of the strongest grip guys ever. So it's no surprise he can lift these kind of weights with the Orange fatgripz.

My bad, didn't realize that you posted the same thing, that's why I thought it was a response to mine when I saw the video. Funny timing.

I rememember seeing him quite a while back, but he hasn't been on my radar for a long time. I ran across his channel while doing research on fat grips, then happened upon this post shortly after.

1 hour ago, Carl Myerscough said:

Very strong stuff, but there are videos on there showing a 200kg axle and failing 110 and 105 one hand axle. This is a massive discrepancy. It makes me think he has a bar that does not spin at all for the fat gripz lifts. 240lb one hand lift with an orange fat gripz on a bar that spins would be worth a 270lb inch dumbbell lift. Obviously a 200kg axle and a 105kg one hand axle is worth about 210-215lb inch dumbbell at best. This is one of the difficulties with fat gripz lifts and came up as an issue in one of the Armlifting usa online comps in the early days.

The video with the 240lb fat gripz, it appears to me that the plates rotated very slightly clockwise during his lift, opposite in the direction his wrist was turning while his hand opened some. That's why I thought it was a normal bar.

Your explanation in accordance with other lifts makes sense though. Especially comparing it to a 270lb inch dumbell lift put it in perspective. And failing the 110kg axle one handed is a good point too, so I'm sure you're right.

I can see how this could cause issues in online competition.

• Like 1

I know it's an apples to oranges kind of thing but many old timers did a lot of one hand lifting - and regardless of diameter - most did not spin.  I have a big difference between (non Hooked) lifts on my Eleiko Training bar and a Powerlifting bar that doesn't spin very well (old).  I would think that Fat Grip lifts would act the same - lift less on a very smooth spinning bar than a slower spinning one. Regardless some very impressive lifts being done here.  My record in the USAWA is 301# L&R - set in my 60s I believe (Hooked) - Probably on a Powerlifting bar.  I held a One Hand Axle Deadlift event once at The Gripmas Carol contest - I'll try to find the results and post them.

• Like 2

2008 Gripmas Carol Results

First file was scored as overall - second by weight class.  Lifts were on a Texas Powerbar in excellent condition.  I guess both results are one each sheet

gripmas 2008 o.xlsx gripmas 2008.xlsx

Edited by climber511
  • Like 2

Isn’t Chris James the guy who bent the Go-Really Grip machine with 400lbs? Supposedly it was a one hand hold from the center of the handles.

if that’s the guy that used to train with Nathan Holle. Also table curls with an inch 

I am not much of a World Traveler. I have only travelled Overseas one time in my life, to the UK, 2007.

I had the pleasure of meeting Chris James at the 2007 British Grip Championships. He is a very nice man, a very strong man. Despite having a certain level of skepticism in me, if Chris James told me he could do "such and such", I would tend to believe him. 

In 2013, Alexey showed me a video of Chris pulling big numbers on an Axle. Alexey had a very confused look on his face, and asked "Fake?" He had an even more perplexed look after I said "No". 

• Like 1