GripRockIII: Lunar Edition

WillGuiliani

RockreationLA, a local rock climbing gym i've run a couple of contests at before, was running a Moon Board climbing competition (the holds climbers need to grab next are lit up with LED lights). They asked me to set up a small grip contest that would compliment their event. Due to the obvious Moon theme, I decided to run GripRockIII: Lunar Edition. We used the Half Sphere by Nemesis Grips (inspired by MoonTop) and from Jokabug's Planet Keypinch series: the pluto and jupiter. All 6" lifts. Highest Total Wins! Odd to call a 167lb lifter a heavyweight, but thats climbing gyms for you!
Amazing result by Michelle Park on the Jupiter! A Huge World Record :)

image.thumb.png.3dd1ccb724ef4ccad9083d2744c652a0.png

• Like 5

I don't know these implements but congrats to the competitors!  Man, I am impressed at how many comps you have been promoting and I have also noticed your own numbers going up astronomically.  Sweet!

On a side note, until this week I would have been the heaviest competitor at this comp had I made it there, but this morning I weighed in a hair under 167, for the first time in decades.  I've been looking to get into the 74kg weight class (163 lbs and under) for a couple years, but until last month I was never able to keep on track to get under 175 pounds.  Somehow lately it has felt easier and here I am mid-160s already, not even feeling like I am dieting, with over a month to go before the August 3 comp for which I'd like to weigh under 163.

• Like 3

On 7/1/2024 at 9:59 AM, Vinnie said:

I don't know these implements but congrats to the competitors!  Man, I am impressed at how many comps you have been promoting and I have also noticed your own numbers going up astronomically.  Sweet!

On a side note, until this week I would have been the heaviest competitor at this comp had I made it there, but this morning I weighed in a hair under 167, for the first time in decades.  I've been looking to get into the 74kg weight class (163 lbs and under) for a couple years, but until last month I was never able to keep on track to get under 175 pounds.  Somehow lately it has felt easier and here I am mid-160s already, not even feeling like I am dieting, with over a month to go before the August 3 comp for which I'd like to weigh under 163.

I LOVE running contests. I've run 10 in the last calendar year!
If anyone wants to run a contest but worried about how to do it, let me know. I'd be happy to help demystify running grip comps! 

• Like 4