Are these grippers rare?

povmaciulis ARMLIFTING

Cool looking grippers.  I only have one RB gripper. 

• 2 weeks later...

The rarest Baraban grippers are probably the ones with only a single band on each handle.  There was a very short period of time when they were made.  If memory serves, they were stopped because Ironmind complained that they were infringing upon the trade dress of the Coc grippers, which only had the one band.

RB also made the first set of limited edition FBBC grippers, before John Beatty did his X >> 5X line in house

I have long ago sold my single band RB as well as the steel handled (anodized black) RB, but still have one that has a skull engraved at the bottom of one handle.  I can try to pull it out tonight for pictures if anyone is interested.

RB definitely made some very pretty looking grippers.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bdckr said:

The rarest Baraban grippers are probably the ones with only a single band on each handle.  There was a very short period of time when they were made.  If memory serves, they were stopped because Ironmind complained that they were infringing upon the trade dress of the Coc grippers, which only had the one band.

RB also made the first set of limited edition FBBC grippers, before John Beatty did his X >> 5X line in house

I have long ago sold my single band RB as well as the steel handled (anodized black) RB, but still have one that has a skull engraved at the bottom of one handle.  I can try to pull it out tonight for pictures if anyone is interested.

RB definitely made some very pretty looking grippers.

Very recently I was shown one of these with black spring, black handles, and a single black band- I never knew about them before- and I heard the same about it being stopped with Ironmind

Never mind, I'll post pictures anyway even though nobody wants to see them 😛

PXL_20240626_221234688.jpg

PXL_20240626_221307549.jpg

PXL_20240626_221311313.jpg

PXL_20240626_221322621.jpg

• Like 7

I used to own a Brass RB gripper. I think it was a 220 or 240. It was one of the best grippers I owned back then. If you ever get a chance to grab an Brass RB, check it out.

I've googled it to try and find a photo, but can't find one. I think they must be very rare.

On 6/26/2024 at 11:16 PM, bdckr said:

Never mind, I'll post pictures anyway even though nobody wants to see them 😛

PXL_20240626_221234688.jpg

PXL_20240626_221307549.jpg

PXL_20240626_221311313.jpg

PXL_20240626_221322621.jpg

I love that skull engraving! Is that an alloy or steel handle?

25 minutes ago, lloyd80s said:

I used to own a Brass RB gripper. I think it was a 220 or 240. It was one of the best grippers I owned back then. If you ever get a chance to grab an Brass RB, check it out.

I've googled it to try and find a photo, but can't find one. I think they must be very rare.

I remember the brass RBs-  on his site he offered the option of getting the handles aluminum, chrome, brass- if I remember correctly he would allow engraving on the bottom as well

1 minute ago, deadgrip said:

I remember the brass RBs-  on his site he offered the option of getting the handles aluminum, chrome, brass- if I remember correctly he would allow engraving on the bottom as well

When was that? I had mine about 15 years ago? I'm presuming that not many were made as I can't find a photo of them anywhere. I wish I had held onto mine!

This was around 20 years ago….  I was younger and didn’t want to deal with international shipping so I didn’t get any 

😪😪😪

5 hours ago, lloyd80s said:

I love that skull engraving! Is that an alloy or steel handle?

Definitely not steel. Same weight as aluminum, maybe chromed? But doesn't feel slick enough

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bdckr said:

Definitely not steel. Same weight as aluminum, maybe chromed? But doesn't feel slick enough

It is almost certainly aluminum and almost certainly chromed. Although there are essentially silver anodized platings which are not chrome. Think Grip Genie Level 1 and all Heavy Grips. However, Baraban chromes a lot of stuff and plates very little. I would be shocked to find out it's not chrome plated. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Cannon said:

It is almost certainly aluminum and almost certainly chromed. Although there are essentially silver anodized platings which are not chrome. Think Grip Genie Level 1 and all Heavy Grips. However, Baraban chromes a lot of stuff and plates very little. I would be shocked to find out it's not chrome plated. 

Thanks for confirming. My main experience with chromed handles has been Heavy Grips, and that handles were so much slicker than the HG non-chromed handles. This RB still has decent grip with the knurling