I am about to take part in competition

povmaciulis ARMLIFTING

I have a few questions

We will have a metal rolling handle that spins very fast and a metal VBar that also spins to prohibit that spin-move.

Any tips on how to lift more?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

For the rolling handle take time to position your hands and feel each finger - you'll likely want to rush or feel rushed but getting a good hand position and squeeze before you lift is important. If you can't lift it the first time don't immediately try again, I'd say it's better to reposition, focus on your breathing etc. and then lift again when you have about 10 seconds left.

If the VBar spins I would just start it in a position I've practiced in - whatever you feel is strongest for you - and go straight up. If you've been practicing the spin then that rotation of the hand might still feel stronger even though it's not doing as much so just see what works better on the day.

Good luck with the comp!

Edited by PinchByPinch
  • Like 4