Hand Size & Gripper Ceiling Potential

AllMight_

1 hour ago, steeve tremblay said:

it's really rare 188cm and 7 inch hands but I believe that your hands must be thick and wide to rebalance this immense strength in you

My hands indeed are pretty thick and decently wide. My wrist is also decently sized, about 8in if that matters 

4 hours ago, steeve tremblay said:

I agree with Dereck however that grip strength or strength in general has decreased a lot over the last 2 decades

There was an interesting article about this that I read a couple of years ago.  I may have posted a link to it on the GripBoard then, and there may have been more than one source that said this because it is based on a scientific study and I was reading an article about the study, but here: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/13/481590997/millennials-may-be-losing-their-grip 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

There was an interesting article about this that I read a couple of years ago.  I may have posted a link to it on the GripBoard then, and there may have been more than one source that said this because it is based on a scientific study and I was reading an article about the study, but here: https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/13/481590997/millennials-may-be-losing-their-grip 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6778477/

35 minutes ago, Vinnie said:

J'ai lu un article intéressant à ce sujet il y a quelques années. J'ai peut-être posté un lien vers celui-ci sur le GripBoard à ce moment-là, et il y a peut-être eu plus d'une source qui a dit cela parce que c'est basé sur une étude scientifique et je lisais un article sur l'étude, mais ici :  https:// www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/06/13/481590997/millennials-may-be-losing-their-grip 

good article I deduce that for decades there has been a reduction of 15 to 20% due to the technology that has developed and it is enormous. I admired my father for his work, his strength, courage and the appreciation of what we can do with our hands, a work and a masterpiece that does you good and leaves a lasting impression

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/15/2024 at 2:59 AM, Vinnie said:

I suppose there are 2 main reasons, first of all fewer people work manual labour jobs than lets say 30 years ago, people are also more sedentary in general nowadays.

Secondly testosterone levels have been dropping steadily for the past 60 years, lower testosterone and subsequently lower DHT levels also result in a lower grip strength, there have been a few studies on it.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2024 at 12:48 PM, AllMight_ said:

Whats going on y'all. I've been curious about the impact of hand size on the ability to close heavy grippers #3. There seems to be a lot of discussion around leverage and grip width, but I'm interested in hearing from those with firsthand experience.

1. For those with smaller hands, have you found certain strategies or exercises that help you overcome any limitations posed by your hand size?
2. How much do you think hand size truly impacts your ceiling for gripper strength? Have you seen people with smaller hands achieve high gripper strength through other means?
3. Do you have any tips or advice for someone looking to maximize their potential with hand grippers, regardless of hand size?

I'm very aware that a smaller hand means less leverage, so I mainly want to see what results smaller-hand folk are obtaining.

If you struggle with ccs with smaller hands like myself you might want to try putting the gripper higher up vertically and slightly putting the gripper at an angle like this. C8’s CCS style is one of the best for smaller hands.

IMG_5471.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1