Near Misses and Time Fails

featsofalex

4 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Got these same two bars stuck at 4 3/8" and 4 1/4". They're both just a tad outside of crushing range for me

R (0.339") x 9" O-1 rated 390 lbs
9mm x 7" 1018 CRS rated 590 lbs

image.thumb.jpeg.4919e3123a292c4686904d337ad06fbd.jpeg

Crushing something with that wide of an arch is nasty

• Like 1

13 hours ago, devinhoo said:

Got these same two bars stuck at 4 3/8" and 4 1/4". They're both just a tad outside of crushing range for me

R (0.339") x 9" O-1 rated 390 lbs
9mm x 7" 1018 CRS rated 590 lbs

image.thumb.jpeg.4919e3123a292c4686904d337ad06fbd.jpeg

Just a touch more and you’ll be getting them crushed!!!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The Humbler was 5/16” away from feeling defeat for the first time!!! At 3/8”x7” HRS SQ it’s a fiercesome foe that’s humbled all who have attempted it! I was pretty hopeful since I had just bent the “Odd” version (7.5”) in 2:21 but real deal left humbled like it has all the others … for now🤣

IMG_1197.jpeg

Edited by featsofalex
  • Like 5

9 hours ago, David_wigren said:

Crushing something with that wide of an arch is nasty

Felt like I was trying to bend the damn thing into a circle 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 8/15/2024 at 8:01 PM, featsofalex said:

The Humbler was 5/16” away from feeling defeat for the first time!!! At 3/8”x7” HRS SQ it’s a fiercesome foe that’s humbled all who have attempted it! I was pretty hopeful since I had just bent the “Odd” version (7.5”) in 2:21 but real deal left humbled like it has all the others … for now🤣

IMG_1197.jpeg

That thing looks gnarly... Super impressive! I look at that and I just feel the steel tension like it's a spring waiting to open spontaneously :D. It's super close tho, it's going to bend fully next time!

Edited by Glitch
Added word "fully".

1 hour ago, Glitch said:

That thing looks gnarly... Super impressive! I look at that and I just feel the steel tension like it's a spring waiting to open spontaneously :D. It's super close tho, it's going to bend fully next time!

Thanks man!!! Yeah half the time it feels like a brick and half the time it feels like a spring haha! Fingers crossed for next time!

Took 30 minutes of working it back and forth so it was a time fail 3 times over but hey at least it didn’t win the fight. This was a 5/16x7” drill rod unbraced snap attempt and man was it infuriating lol you gotta be a special kind of masochist to like snapping. 

IMG_0333.jpeg

• Like 1

Got so close to finishing this 10mmx6” HRS unbraced 😫 I started it DU and it felt like a bendy straw so I wanted to see if I could finish it DO and it made me fight for every millimeter once it hit that 3.5” mark. This is as far as I could get it before the skin on my fingers started tearing on me. Got it this far unbraced so I wanna make it a point to finish it unbraced at some point but not happening today

IMG_0344.jpeg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Austin Seitter said:

Got so close to finishing this 10mmx6” HRS unbraced 😫 I started it DU and it felt like a bendy straw so I wanted to see if I could finish it DO and it made me fight for every millimeter once it hit that 3.5” mark. This is as far as I could get it before the skin on my fingers started tearing on me. Got it this far unbraced so I wanna make it a point to finish it unbraced at some point but not happening today

IMG_0344.jpeg

Nice! 10mm HRS is super cool, it’s been a while for me, you got me all fired up to take some on again!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, featsofalex said:

Nice! 10mm HRS is super cool, it’s been a while for me, you got me all fired up to take some on again!

Hell yeah man! I feel like you’d blast right through this size with no trouble at all lol

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

My Reverse bends feel insane today so I had to see what I could do to a Horrido 8.8. Managed to get it over half way to completion before I ran out of time. If the bend was more centered instead of down in the threads I might’ve been able to take this down today. 100% this thing is going down soon but not today. 

IMG_0621.jpeg

• Like 1