Mash Monster progress update

Cannon

18 minutes ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Is the mm0 process still the same?

Not exactly, no. There will be more ways to qualify, and also harder qualifiers if you want to go straight to the higher levels. But in general it will be easier to cover the requirement, probably including using a recent training video if you want. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Cannon said:

Not exactly, no. There will be more ways to qualify, and also harder qualifiers if you want to go straight to the higher levels. But in general it will be easier to cover the requirement, probably including using a recent training video if you want. 

Sounds good. Can't wait to get to that level👍.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C8Myotome said:

@Nuttgens It will largely depend on what the sign up process is like...I don't want to spend 6-12 months to wait for the 160 to get passed around, either. Both 160 and 170 will be very easy for me. 180 is just below my max, but should be doable (just not as overall "easy"). My real goal is that I am training for MM190 on a 190 rated tungsten, and am a few mm off that. Also planning for MM200 (have a 203 rated CoC 4 to work on that)

Awsome dude sounds super ambitious. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cannon said:

This is definitely the way to go. For example Carl, Ivan and a few others should be able to jump to near the end rather than have to work their way up through what are effectively warm up grippers for them

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Slipshod said:

This is definitely the way to go. For example Carl, Ivan and a few others should be able to jump to near the end rather than have to work their way up through what are effectively warm up grippers for them

Exactly. It’s one of the major ways the new cert rules will depart from the original. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slipshod said:

Carl doesn't have anything to prove to us with mash monster unless he gets bored and does it anyway. Both his 2 GHP10 closes surpassed the highest mash monster level anyway, by a good amount. GHP10 spread was probably quite a bit more than a standard chromium too.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We are shooting an example cert video to cover a couple new points about the process. That is getting filmed this week. Funny enough (not funny at all), I was worried for a second that the gripper got lost on the way there. That would have been a great start. :pinch

Once that video is complete, I have the full cert protocol written up and will pin it in this forum. The MM site will not be live until we accumulate a few certs.

Finally, as soon as the gripper is back, we are going to test the whole process with a first certification. I had promised Clint (@liftyzig) he could go first if he wanted. Clint was signed up and waiting patiently when the original certification was shut down. However, in discussing with Clint, he is not ready for MM160 at this time. I am sure we will see his name on the list, but the celebratory first cert will go to a mystery athlete. :sorcerer: It is a surprise who that will be.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

So exciting! Still a solid 10-15 RGC off, but hopefully I'll be on there one day!

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

So exciting! Still a solid 10-15 RGC off, but hopefully I'll be on there one day!

I hear you on that, it was really disappointing to have to decline, but I'm probably around 10 RGC off myself, and knowing they are cobalt springs on the 160 I pretty much know it's not going to happen.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Cannon said:

We are shooting an example cert video to cover a couple new points about the process. That is getting filmed this week. Funny enough (not funny at all), I was worried for a second that the gripper got lost on the way there. That would have been a great start. :pinch

Once that video is complete, I have the full cert protocol written up and will pin it in this forum. The MM site will not be live until we accumulate a few certs.

Finally, as soon as the gripper is back, we are going to test the whole process with a first certification. I had promised Clint (@liftyzig) he could go first if he wanted. Clint was signed up and waiting patiently when the original certification was shut down. However, in discussing with Clint, he is not ready for MM160 at this time. I am sure we will see his name on the list, but the celebratory first cert will go to a mystery athlete. :sorcerer: It is a surprise who that will be.

How do you sign up again?

2 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

How do you sign up again?

He mentioned the grippers will be in the Cannon powerworks store, and you add them to your cart and checkout, IIRC

Edited by liftyzig
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

Is the mystery athlete known to wear jeans with designed rips in them? Just Kidding

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

I was worried for a second that the gripper got lost on the way there.

When i did MM1 the gripper arrived after sloshing around inside the small usps box by itself with no padding, it had hit the sides of the box so many times the box had damaged enough it could have easily fell out during transit. I would really recommend using some sort of padding in the box to prevent this. I ship a ton of delicate things..newspaper is all you need. The MM1 box was so beat up i decided to replace it with a new box, and pad it for it's return journey. It would just be a really easily preventable loss to lose an MM gripper that way

1 hour ago, liftyzig said:

He mentioned the grippers will be in the Cannon powerworks store, and you add them to your cart and checkout, IIRC

Yes, essentially this. There won't be a queue.

40 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Is the mystery athlete known to wear jeans with designed rips in them? Just Kidding

Joke fell flat but my grip buddies and I always felt like the removed #4 cert guy was at best 160 range gripper closer. Carry on

Edited by Kluv#0
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Joke fell flat but my grip buddies and I always felt like the removed #4 cert guy was at best 160 range gripper closer. Carry on

There's a pic of him floating around in Magic Mike attire. I won't post it here for everyone's sake 😂

• Haha 1