YouTube Playlist of my best gripper videos

C8Myotome

3 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

Today's 190 tungsten attempt, getting closer

Screenshot_20240928_170532_Video Player.jpg

Nice. I'm suprised your pinkie can be that low and still hang on

• Like 1

Completed my full set of Standard grippers..never thought I'd end up with the light ones but I'm just very bored of years of warming up on CoC grippers and wanted something different. There's some extras in the pic.

20241003_171619.jpg

• Like 4

very nice

• Like 1

On 10/4/2024 at 6:20 AM, C8Myotome said:

Completed my full set of Standard grippers..never thought I'd end up with the light ones but I'm just very bored of years of warming up on CoC grippers and wanted something different. There's some extras in the pic.

20241003_171619.jpg

Awesome, I am very close and tempted to get rid of my tags and right the RGC on the handle aswell, to many snag incidents

Edited by CruxGripman
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, CruxGripman said:

Awesome, I am very close and tempted to get rid of my tags and right the RGC on the handle aswell, to many snag incidents

I still keep my tags in a box, I just don't use them for anything unless maybe I plan to resell a gripper. I know what my ratings are, a lot of them are my own ratings in which there was never a tag made anyways. There's no reason for a tag to be swinging around while using a gripper. Imagine if a barbell had a string with a weight hanging off it swinging around while in use. I cannot use a gripper with a tag, it's too annoying to deal with

• Like 1

On 10/6/2024 at 9:17 AM, C8Myotome said:

I still keep my tags in a box, I just don't use them for anything unless maybe I plan to resell a gripper. I know what my ratings are, a lot of them are my own ratings in which there was never a tag made anyways. There's no reason for a tag to be swinging around while using a gripper. Imagine if a barbell had a string with a weight hanging off it swinging around while in use. I cannot use a gripper with a tag, it's too annoying to deal with

While I like the metal tags and they are sort of a @Cannon tradition, I'm curious if maybe a 3D-printed option similar to what @marko created in another thread might not be even better.

Imagine instead of this 'hook' shape below from marko:
image.png.be371b3d578465fe55c27f6cd793ab3c.png

The tag on top of the handle just formed an 'open' circle like a split lock or c washer below (closed enough to stay around the spring), that would never get the way of the hands, but could also be removed/replaced as often as needed for re-rating. Just an idea.
C_WASHERS(1).thumb.png.77a485f1223ddcb2de6aa1903adb9bc1.png

Edited by Jared P
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jared P said:

While I like the metal tags and they are sort of a @Cannon tradition, I'm curious if maybe a 3D-printed option similar to what @marko created in another thread might not be even better.

Imagine instead of this 'hook' shape below from marko:
image.png.be371b3d578465fe55c27f6cd793ab3c.png

The tag on top of the handle just formed an 'open' circle like a split lock or c washer below (closed enough to stay around the spring), that would never get the way of the hands, but could also be removed/replaced as often as needed for re-rating. Just an idea.
C_WASHERS(1).thumb.png.77a485f1223ddcb2de6aa1903adb9bc1.png

Then you probably will have an issue of them not fitting springs of different coil diamters. Tbh I like the way I do it and don't want anything added to the gripper. 

My latest version optimized for reduced annoyance, print time, visibility, and cost is sized to the spring.  Based on RGC ranges I assume spring diameter and print to that gripper.  I only own CoC grippers but could easily render for every diameter and rating and let the person printing it decide.  i find them convenient though they may not be rugged enough for a commercial gym or competition.

IMG_0881.jpeg

• Like 2

@Jared P

I like your design and send you a picture once I get a print completed.

• Like 1

Both are a great idea 

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, C8Myotome said:

169 GHP8 38 mm, haven't used a block in a while 

Awesome 👌 

• Thanks 1

Nice work

• Thanks 1

Glad you found it

let’s see you close it

Edited by John Knowlton