2024 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

9 hours ago, TeamGupta said:

Any contact information for Marc or Akeem?

They are finalizing details for their venue and will be setting up a website for registrations. Once up, I’ll post the link.

• Like 1

Joel Dircks will be hosting a King Kong venue in Woodbury, Minnesota! Note that his current plan is to host the contest on Friday, October 25.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Joel Dircks will be hosting a King Kong venue in Woodbury, Minnesota! Note that his current plan is to host the contest on Friday, October 25.

@Cannon Country?!?  You gonna dip your feet back in the grip water, Matt?

• Like 2

Sarah Chappelow with be hosting a youth-only division King Kong venue in Glenrock, Wyoming!

• Like 4

Brad Provick will once again be hosting a King Kong venue in Regina, Saskatchewan!

• Like 1

On 7/23/2024 at 1:36 PM, Jedd Johnson said:

I've got training tips for the Finnish Ball on TGA.

what is tga?

26 minutes ago, povmaciulis ARMLIFTING said:

what is tga?

The Grip Authority

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Roman Yanushev is teaming up with Stefan Falke to host a King Kong venue in Germany!

The contest has really been picking up steam lately - we’re currently up to 34 venues across 10 countries. There’s still for others to come on board. Don’t miss what is likely to be the biggest grip contest ever!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2024 at 7:55 PM, TeamGupta said:

Any contact information for Marc or Akeem?

Feel free to PM me.  We are going to add the details including payment options to our website soon.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, povmaciulis ARMLIFTING said:

what is tga?

TheGripAuthority.com - this is my grip coaching site

• Like 1

Colorado Grip Sport has been updated for athletes looking to participate in this year's King Kong! You can buy a ticket here: https://www.coloradogripsport.com/. We already have a few kids participating and are VERY existed to see this event be a success.

Hit me up or @marcb if you have questions.

Please don't forget that there is also a hosted event in Carbondale, CO if you are on the Western Slope.

• Confused 1

Just now, coloradogrip said:

Colorado Grip Sport has been updated for athletes looking to participate in this year's King Kong! You can buy a ticket here: https://www.coloradogripsport.com/. We already have a few kids participating and are VERY existed to see this event be a success.

Please don't forget that there is also a hosted event in Carbondale, CO if you are on the Western Slope.

Anyone is welcome at the Carbondale venue.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, dubyagrip said:

Anyone is welcome at the Carbondale venue.

The majority of our group have full family and work schedules, therefore commuting out to Carbondale is not possible.  Let's try to get a big Colorado event together in 2025 to include folks from all over.  We debated this for a few weeks but couldn't make it work this year. 

3 minutes ago, marcb said:

The majority of our group have full family and work schedules, therefore commuting out to Carbondale is not possible.  Let's try to get a big Colorado event together in 2025 to include folks from all over.  We debated this for a few weeks but couldn't make it work this year. 

The post made it sound like Carbondale was only for a specific region.  That's what I was clarifying.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, coloradogrip said:

Best of luck with your venue.

• Like 2

Zachary Staniewicz will be hosting a King Kong venue in Greenville, South Carolina! He'll be running the contest on October 19th.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

Zachary Staniewicz will be hosting a King Kong venue in Greenville, South Carolina! He'll be running the contest on October 19th.

Shoot, I missed this for the newsletter yesterday.  I'll add it next week.

4 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

Shoot, I missed this for the newsletter yesterday.  I'll add it next week.

No worries. It was only confirmed late last night.

• Like 1

Medric Cousineau will be hosting venues in Oromocto, New Brunswick (October 19th) and in Lower Sackville, Nova Scotia (October 26th). This is the first time that there will be King Kong venues in these provinces!

• Like 1

Greenville,SC venue will be Saturday October 19, 2024, weigh in’s start 9am, lifting starts at 10am, at the LM Recreational Pavillion’s, 298 Orion Street,  Greenville,SC 29605

$25 entry fee,  sign up at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1A_1VJSFYhHkueZTJtbynBg8npG5Uwa6YIMaQtbqaQuk/viewform?edit_requested=true#responses

This will be an outdoor event under a large pavilion covering (great weather this time of the year).  We already have a handful of local lifters signed up with some youth lifters.  Looking forward to seeing what the south east brings to the table.  If you have any questions please email me at zstan3@aol.com

thank you Eric for keeping this event going.

-Zach Staniewicz

• Like 1