2024 International King Kong Grip Challenge

Eric Roussin

12 hours ago, Eric Roussin said:

To the individual venue promoter. Please let me know if you have a hard time connecting. Note that other promoters will be confirming over the summer, so if none of the current venues are close to you now, this may change.

Great, thanks!  Closest to me looks to be Jedd Johnson, so I'll reach out to him.  Thanks again

46 minutes ago, bobd400 said:

Great, thanks!  Closest to me looks to be Jedd Johnson, so I'll reach out to him.  Thanks again

I'd consider Jedd's venue even if not the closest.  He has good implements and runs a great comp.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Several additional venues have been confirmed! Recent additions:

Spokane, Washington, USA - Andy Munsey
Bethesda, Ohio, USA - Mike Saffell
Aberdeen, North Carolina, USA - Zach Mullins
Madkow's Grip Pasture, Manassas, Virginia, USA - Jason Matkowski
Luumaki, Finland - Arto Joronen
Järvenpää, Finland - Harri Tolonen

I expect other venues to be added over the summer. Can't find a location close to you? Hosting a venue might be an option. Contact me for more info. Please also let me know if you have trouble connecting with any of the venue hosts.

300+ competitors is the goal this year!

• Like 8

Two more venues confirmed today:

Arendal, Norway - Thomas Larsen

Vancouver, Washington - Frank and Addam Chaudoin

• Like 3

Rob McMurren will be hosting a venue in Waterloo, Ontario!

• Like 4

Awesome that there has been a confirmed venue for the UK! I've seen the person to contact regarding this is Jenn. I'll be in touch shortly :)

• Like 4

Tim Butler and Chaz Strange will be hosting a venue in Hillsborough, New Jersey!

• Like 5

This would be my first competition but seems like a good one to see where I stand.  I would be competing out of Manassas, Virginia. How do you get more information on the location and such?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Echo5Tango said:

This would be my first competition but seems like a good one to see where I stand.  I would be competing out of Manassas, Virginia. How do you get more information on the location and such?

@madkow 

• Like 1

I really need to figure out what to do differently with the Finnish Ball.  I have one, and I am stuck at a number significantly lower than other people who I am usually closer to.  I feel like it is more form than strength holding me back on my number on that implement.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I really need to figure out what to do differently with the Finnish Ball.  I have one, and I am stuck at a number significantly lower than other people who I am usually closer to.  I feel like it is more form than strength holding me back on my number on that implement.

I've got training tips for the Finnish Ball on TGA.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Jedd Johnson said:

A TGA lifetime membership is easily (by far) the most valuable grip purchase that I have made...

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

A TGA lifetime membership is easily (by far) the most valuable grip purchase that I have made...

yes it is. 

no filler or BS or gimmicks. just straight forward and solid information that will help anyone in their grip training.  

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Vinnie said:

I like to think of it as an edge lift with the outside of my index finger getting under the ball as much as possible and supported by the thumb, rather than a pure key pinch. I don't claim to have it fully solved either, but this change in perspective seemed to help me improve my numbers. 

• Like 1

Gods of Grip (Tom Lymath) will be hosting a King Kong venue in Aughton, England! There are now two King Kong venues in England: one in the northwest and one in the southeast!

• Like 5

Tammy McClure will be hosting a venue in Boise, Idaho!

• Like 5

Two additional venues have just been confirmed! Frank and Addam Chaudoin will host in Vancouver, Washington, and Anssi Laukkanen will host in Iisalmi, Finland!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2024 at 11:36 AM, Jedd Johnson said:

Just joined it today, Jedd has a wealth of knowledge there.

On 8/17/2024 at 11:04 AM, Irish Grip said:

Just joined it today, Jedd has a wealth of knowledge there.

Gad to have you on the site.  Thanks a bunch.

• Like 1

Marc Brotherson and Akeem Jenkins will be hosting a King Kong venue in the Denver area. 

Up to 30 venues and counting!

• Like 5

Dean Munsey will host a King Kong venue in Redmond, Oregon. There are now venues in 14 states!

• Like 2

Hello!
Having a hard time finding info about the event taking place at the venue in Kent, England. Nothing on Facebook yet, and have tried contacting Jenn on social media without any luck. Anyone have any tips to where I can find info on this event would be much appreciated! 

7 hours ago, Eirik Hallert said:

Hello!
Having a hard time finding info about the event taking place at the venue in Kent, England. Nothing on Facebook yet, and have tried contacting Jenn on social media without any luck. Anyone have any tips to where I can find info on this event would be much appreciated! 

Jenn can be reached via email at Jenn.tibbenham@gmail.com .

• Like 1

On 8/20/2024 at 11:22 AM, Eric Roussin said:

Marc Brotherson and Akeem Jenkins will be hosting a King Kong venue in the Denver area. 

Up to 30 venues and counting!

Any contact information for Marc or Akeem?