Ben Helms Training Log

Ben Helms

1 hour ago, Ben Helms said:

https://youtube.com/shorts/-5SEkK9nblg?si=JnvJHIm4tmjn0Uxk

Older video i sent in for feat judging but nothing happened. Milled Back Hub Snatch. 

That is insane! Congrats. Also, your other hub video "hub tricks" that curl-in is a very underrated feat - I have attempted with JL 50 plates to no avail but attempted about 5-6 x about 4 months ago. Front raise would be a great feat to have voted on as only Aaron C. is on the list.  Really super strong and creative hubbing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

That is insane! Congrats. Also, your other hub video "hub tricks" that curl-in is a very underrated feat - I have attempted with JL 50 plates to no avail but attempted about 5-6 x about 4 months ago. Front raise would be a great feat to have voted on as only Aaron C. is on the list.  Really super strong and creative hubbing.

Thank you for the kind words!! Ill see if I can get the Milled Back Snatch and Front Raise submitted for judging 👍🏻

• Like 1

EXHAUSTING!!! But also fun! Gave myself a new goal and its to complete this ladder. Today was gripper day but wasnt a training day, so I got creative. After barely getting the RB330, I should have given myself 30 seconds to regroup and I didnt. I hit a brick wall with that Tetting Super Elite. Its the first time I haven’t been able to close it and it felt great to be honest! The entire ladder took two minutes and twenty seven seconds. Lots of heavy grippers closed in a short period of time.
The list of grippers in order were the following:

-Coc 3.5 (180rgc)
-Standard Titanium (180rgc)
-Holle Level 3 (178rgc)
-GHP Level 8 (179rgc)
-RB330 (182rgc)
-Tetting SE (182rgc)

• Like 5

unreal, you made that look easy

• Thanks 1

Ascending in RGC:
-210 (120rgc)
-210 (130rgc)
-240 (137rgc)
-300 (174rgc)
-330 (182rgc)
-365 (185rgc)

• Like 3

nice work

• Thanks 1

Today’s training with my 104kg inch dumbbell made by Nathan Holle. The very last lift was my best so far. Full control and one fluid motion. Before that lift i was breaking down the movement into two separate parts and the weight of the bell would pull me forward causing me to take some steps to get back in position. This bell weighs more than I do so i am very happy with my progress so far. 

• Like 3

NICE WORK,

CROCK POWER

• Haha 1

How do you like the Holle grippers?

I just preordered a set.

1 hour ago, orveprecision said:

How do you like the Holle grippers?

I just preordered a set.

I love them man. Very nice feel and quality to them. The grippers have a fluid close throughout. 

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

I love them man. Very nice feel and quality to them. The grippers have a fluid close throughout. 

Good to hear. Did you get all of them rated? If so I could you share them? Nathan shared some ratings but It wasn't clear if it was an average of several ratings or just a single set.

I will rate mine in my own device when I get them.

dang I’m over here still getting shipping quotes from the guy and yall are strap holding with them- tnsing- choker closes- filing them… early bird gets the worm!!! 😪😪😪

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deadgrip said:

dang I’m over here still getting shipping quotes from the guy and yall are strap holding with them- tnsing- choker closes- filing them… early bird gets the worm!!! 😪😪😪

The set i have is the first run “prototypes” I’ll probably get a set of the new run eventually lol

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, orveprecision said:

Good to hear. Did you get all of them rated? If so I could you share them? Nathan shared some ratings but It wasn't clear if it was an average of several ratings or just a single set.

Whats the ratings he told you? Also, mine are 85, 132, 179, 207, 242. But i had to give my set 30 closes each before rated them. The spreads changed tremendously on the 4 and 5 but the new run he has will be pre closed and rated which is nice!

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

The set i have is the first run “prototypes” I’ll probably get a set of the new run eventually lol

Oh dang man—- I heard those on eBay in a month will be $500 😪😪😪

1 hour ago, deadgrip said:

Oh dang man—- I heard those on eBay in a month will be $500 😪😪😪

Where did you hear that?

1 minute ago, Ben Helms said:

Where did you hear that?

eh it’s me making a crack on how high gripper prices are nowadays lols… thanks to the eBay folk pumping them through the roof 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orveprecision said:

2 hours ago, deadgrip said:

IMG_2860.jpeg

IMG_2861.jpeg

IMG_2862.jpeg

IMG_2863.jpeg

IMG_2864.jpeg

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, deadgrip said:

eh it’s me making a crack on how high gripper prices are nowadays lols… thanks to the eBay folk pumping them through the roof 

And other sources…. Hahah

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ben Helms said:

And other sources…. Hahah

agreed

these look nice man.. closer to Tettings in feel or Standards?  Or other grippers?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Helms said:

Whats the ratings he told you? Also, mine are 85, 132, 179, 207, 242. But i had to give my set 30 closes each before rated them. The spreads changed tremendously on the 4 and 5 but the new run he has will be pre closed and rated which is nice!

Ah, it was those numbers he gave me :). They were rated by other people also according to him but I dont know what those were then.

Edited by orveprecision
  • Like 1

Those are very very  nice. If he made them in the 90-150 range I’d buy an assortment of them

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1