How big are your hands?

AdriaanRobert96

2 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

I guess this is what happens when grip and forearms are an obsession😂

I competed at Grip Sport (with some success) from 2003 through 2017.  I'm just skinny LOL - size does matter but I beat a lot of people with bigger arms than me.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, climber511 said:

I competed at Grip Sport (with some success) from 2003 through 2017.  I'm just skinny LOL - size does matter but I beat a lot of people with bigger arms than me.

Hey it aint the size of the sledge, its how well you can swing it.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Hey it aint the size of the sledge, its how well you can swing it.

Very well said😎

58 minutes ago, climber511 said:

That’s why I love grip sports, no need to be massive to be strong😈

Adriaan/Ivan/Jaland have some of the larger hands on the board it seems 

Levan saginashvili who is the best shw armwrestler in the world right now has the following measurements which are pretty close to in several areas other than bicep/forearm size which have to keep in mind his weight.  

Wrist 25 cm 

Fist 32 cm 

Middle finger length 14 cm 

Forearm length 30 cm 

Forearm size 50cm 

Bicep 58 cm 

Top NBA players is where you will see the truly ridiculous hand sizes though of 10+ inches long. Though Levan has one of the largest wrists I have ever seen and his wrist strength is a big reason in his success.

I still don't think it makes a huge different as we are seeing guys like Tiziano Becchio do crazy feats of strength with sub 8 inch hands and at sub 140lb bodyweight. I know Jedd has wanted to always do classes by hand size vs bodyweight and I don't know if I agree with that but it's an interesting topic for sure. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Levan saginashvili who is the best shw armwrestler in the world right now has the following measurements which are pretty close to in several areas other than bicep/forearm size which have to keep in mind his weight.  

Wrist 25 cm 

Fist 32 cm 

Forearm length 30 cm 

Forearm size 50cm 

Bicep 58 cm 

Top NBA players is where you will see the truly ridiculous hand sizes though of 10+ inches long. Though Levan has one of the largest wrists I have ever seen and his wrist strength is a big reason in his success.

I still don't think it makes a huge different as we are seeing guys like Tiziano Becchio do crazy feats of strength with sub 8 inch hands and at sub 140lb bodyweight. I know Jedd has wanted to always do classes by hand size vs bodyweight and I don't know if I agree with that but it's an interesting topic for sure. 

Funny you mention NBA-players.

I once saw a real size print of Scottie Pippen's hand. It was the same size as the entire page in the newspaper. And the size of that newspaper was very large :D 

The largest hand I've seen in real life was one guy who bought some grip stuff from me once. His hand size was bizarre. He could easily do a hook-grip on the inch db. He was fairly tall as well, maybe around 200 cm. I'm not sure about the hand size but based on comparison with my hands I would guess at least 9.5".

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Wrist 25 cm 

Fist 32 cm 

Forearm length 30 cm 

Forearm size 50cm 

Bicep 58 cm 

Very interesting for sure, never really sure about hand size since it has both ups and downs but having a classes based on hand size would be something new..

Oh if I am bot mistaken, and correct me if I am wrong please.. but doesn’t PEDs increase skeleton/ tendon size to a degree aswell?

Read that somewhere, not sure tho.

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

50 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Funny you mention NBA-players.

I once saw a real size print of Scottie Pippen's hand. It was the same size as the entire page in the newspaper. And the size of that newspaper was very large :D 

The largest hand I've seen in real life was one guy who bought some grip stuff from me once. His hand size was bizarre. He could easily do a hook-grip on the inch db. He was fairly tall as well, maybe around 200 cm. I'm not sure about the hand size but based on comparison with my hands I would guess at least 9.5".

Jesus Christ😂Those ain’t hands anymore, they’re shovels!

41 minutes ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Very interesting for sure, never really sure about hand size since it has both ups and downs but having a classes based on hand size would be something new..

Oh if I am bot mistaken, and correct me if I am wrong please.. but doesn’t PEDs increase skeleton/ tendon size to a degree aswell?

Read that somewhere, not sure tho.

Growth hormones does. But hey we should not talk about this here, it's against the rules.

So it's no surprise Levan has enormous wrists.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Stephen Ruby said:

Wrist 25 cm 

Fist 32 cm 

Forearm length 30 cm 

Forearm size 50cm 

Bicep 58 cm 

His wrist is 26,5cm with a closed hand but it's 28cm with an open hand, truly mind boggling.

Edited by EmilBB
  • Like 3

41 minutes ago, EmilBB said:

His wrist is 26,5cm with a closed hand but it's 28cm with an open hand, truly mind boggling.

Damn, I want bigger wrists😫Mine are at a puny 20+cm!

51 minutes ago, Fist of Fury said:

Growth hormones does. But hey we should not talk about this here, it's against the rules.

So it's no surprise Levan has enormous wrists.

Alrighty so I was on the right track, and oops!!

Sorry bout that, won’t happen again.. genuinely didn’t know😅

I’d love to be redirected to the rules by anyone, I am kind of thick😂

Edited by AdriaanRobert96

After grabbing my tape measure and raiding my wife's sewing kit, I realized two things:

(1) I'm average at best (for 6'3"/260 lb) and

(2) I never noticed (in 52 years) that my right wrist fold isn't a straight line.  🤪

Hand Size 4-6-2023.png

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

After grabbing my tape measure and raiding my wife's sewing kit, I realized two things:

(1) I'm average at best (for 6'3"/260 lb) and

(2) I never noticed (in 52 years) that my right wrist fold isn't a straight line.  🤪

Hand Size 4-6-2023.png

Haha, literally me looking for a measuring tape in my took box😂

Well I don’t know about that but it feels like everyones massive these days.. 260lbs, 6’3” jesus😎

How does your grip lifts look?

• Haha 1

Our ex tile guy has huge hands. He’s the definition of built like a brick sh!thouse. He’s also a drummer and singer of a band. 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Our ex tile guy has huge hands. He’s the definition of built like a brick sh!thouse. He’s also a drummer and singer of a band. Went on his Facebook and found this pic.

6C47B393-119A-407A-A004-2A5EA972683C.jpeg

Holy Mother of God!

This guy is a literal brick wall😂, would be fun to see his hand/ wrist measurements😈

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Haha, literally me looking for a measuring tape in my took box😂

Well I don’t know about that but it feels like everyones massive these days.. 260lbs, 6’3” jesus😎

How does your grip lifts look?

I'm still new to the sport (despite being 52), but generally speaking I think I'm doing ok.

However, compared to a buddy of mine back home that was a machinist and farmer, I'm tiny.  He rebuilt a transmission for me one time...this guy went to his side yard and came back with four...one under each arm and one in each hand.  He also rebuilt a set of cast-iron heads for me and he palmed them like block weights to carry them into the shop.  Just incredibly strong after years of hard, heavy work.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, JasonD said:

I’m 6’3”, 340lbs. Hand length 8”, spread 9”.

Yet another massive human🦍😎

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I'm still new to the sport (despite being 52), but generally speaking I think I'm doing ok.

However, compared to a buddy of mine back home that was a machinist and farmer, I'm tiny.  He rebuilt a transmission for me one time...this guy went to his side yard and came back with four...one under each arm and one in each hand.  He also rebuilt a set of cast-iron heads for me and he palmed them like block weights to carry them into the shop.  Just incredibly strong after years of hard, heavy work.

Jesus Christ, always those people😂

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AdriaanRobert96 said:

Jesus Christ, always those people😂

From https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/delmarvanow/name/harry-clark-obituary?id=22613770

"At the age of 16, Harry began his employment with Salisbury Automotive, where he worked as a machinist for 42 years. ... He also carried on his family's Century Farm known as Willie Brown Farms, Inc."

I met Harry in 1994 when I got off active duty and a buddy of mine got me a job at the local Pep Boys.  Seemed like everyone at the auto parts stores was into drag racing so I jumped right in.  And I'd go out to the farm here and there when one of us needed help with a project.

Harry was in his prime back then.  Incredibly nice, incredibly knowledgeable, and incredibly strong.

Drag Racing.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

From https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/delmarvanow/name/harry-clark-obituary?id=22613770

"At the age of 16, Harry began his employment with Salisbury Automotive, where he worked as a machinist for 42 years. ... He also carried on his family's Century Farm known as Willie Brown Farms, Inc."

I met Harry in 1994 when I got off active duty and a buddy of mine got me a job at the local Pep Boys.  Seemed like everyone at the auto parts stores was into drag racing so I jumped right in.  And I'd go out to the farm here and there when one of us needed help with a project.

Harry was in his prime back then.  Incredibly nice, incredibly knowledgeable, and incredibly strong.

Drag Racing.jpg

Was this your buddy?

If it was then damn it, sorry I didn’t know he left us.. may he rest in peace.

• Thanks 1

Yeah...this was my buddy, Harry.  But no worries.  He'd probably have gotten a chuckle about me sharing a few stories about his size/strength.  To him these feats were normal, run-of-the-mill activities.

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Yeah...this was my buddy, Harry.  But no worries.  He'd probably have gotten a chuckle about me sharing a few stories about his size/strength.  To him these feats were normal, run-of-the-mill activities.

A legend😎

• Thanks 1

Grip Sport did "hand size" classes for years when I started - then we went to BW later on.

• Like 2