Rest up Doug hope you feel better so you can enjoy the 4th

• Thanks 1

GOOD TIMES

• Like 1

Not back to 100% yet...

...still avoiding pressing...

...but I can't resist grip.

York Pre-USA 90 (46.95lb) and Filed IronMind 1.5 (RGC 91) 07-02-2024

Today I did blobs with my left hand and grippers with my right.  While warming up, I decided to film a quick combo.

Musical Inspiration:  "Death and Insanity" by Hallows Eve from the album "Death & Insanity" released in August 1986.

• Like 2

Cannon PowerWorks Copper [Cu] Standard Gripper (RGC 108) Table No Set 07-02-2024

I've been working on this off and on for seven months since I got this gripper...and I finally did it!

Seems to have turned out ok that I couldn't do the workout that I wanted today and jumped straight into grippers.

Musical Inspiration:  "Lethal Tendencies" by Hallows Eve from the album "Death & Insanity" released in August 1986.

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

Cannon PowerWorks Copper [Cu] Standard Gripper (RGC 108) Table No Set 07-02-2024

I've been working on this off and on for seven months since I got this gripper...and I finally did it!

Seems to have turned out ok that I couldn't do the workout that I wanted today and jumped straight into grippers.

Musical Inspiration:  "Lethal Tendencies" by Hallows Eve from the album "Death & Insanity" released in August 1986.

Congrats on the achievement Doug, you dominated that one!

Btw your thumb pad is huge from all the blobbin', nice

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, matek said:

Congrats on the achievement Doug, you dominated that one!

Btw your thumb pad is huge from all the blobbin', nice

Thanks Matek!  It felt surprisingly good.

And yeah...I've been trying to bring up my right hand blob ability for medleys (so leftie doesn't have to lift everything 90 and above).  Maybe the thumb pad likes that work...hahaha

• Like 3

Quick Update:  Arms/elbows are feeling pretty good right now, so I should be good to go for throwing kids in the pool all day tomorrow for the 4th of July festivities...

Thankfully rest and liniment work wonders!

• Like 2

On 7/3/2024 at 9:31 PM, Douglas Carney said:

Quick Update:  Arms/elbows are feeling pretty good right now, so I should be good to go for throwing kids in the pool all day tomorrow for the 4th of July festivities...

Thankfully rest and liniment work wonders!

Arms/elbows all good now.

Only an hour of throwing kids in the pool July 4th because the new fun thing (for about two hours straight) was me towing them around on rafts/floaties.

And last night it was only another hour of throwing kids in the pool because there a Swim Team Pep Rally.  So I switched to a couple sets of 12oz curls and pizza while all the kids did their thing.  🍺➕🍕🟰😋👍

The youngest kid from the two families we sit with every week is two years younger than our twins.  So I probably can enjoy this for a couple more summers.  But at some point it will just be memories of me tossing them in the air like wall balls...🥺

• Like 3

Good times good memories 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Arms/elbows all good now.

Only an hour of throwing kids in the pool July 4th because the new fun thing (for about two hours straight) was me towing them around on rafts/floaties.

And last night it was only another hour of throwing kids in the pool because there a Swim Team Pep Rally.  So I switched to a couple sets of 12oz curls and pizza while all the kids did their thing.  🍺➕🍕🟰😋👍

The youngest kid from the two families we sit with every week is two years younger than our twins.  So I probably can enjoy this for a couple more summers.  But at some point it will just be memories of me tossing them in the air like wall balls...🥺

Nope. Just means you need to keep training so you can throw larger and larger kids.

• Haha 4

5 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Good times good memories 

Most definitely!

4 hours ago, kurtwpg said:

Nope. Just means you need to keep training so you can throw larger and larger kids.

HA!  That's a good goal!

Grip Strength Superset with a Deficit Loading Pin 07-06-2024

Early testing before I start training for the "Snacktown Squeeze Fest Part Deux" on October 6, 2024.  Did this as a superset (switching from implement to another each round) rather than maxing out each implement, unloading everything, and starting over with the next implement.  Not sure if it helped me or hurt me, but here are today's totals:

One Hand 2 7/8” Napalm Nightmare (Last Set - 132.15lb)

Two Hand 2” x 5” Napalm Nightmare (Last Set - 175.30lb)

King Kong JUG 2.5” (Right - 151.50lb / Left - 176.35lb)

Musical Inspiration:  "What's Left of the Flag" by Flogging Molly from the album "Drunken Lullabies" released in March 2002.

• Like 4

York 100 NextGen and 105 Legacy – Combo Attempt 07-06-2024

Not saying I expected this to be easy, but disappointed to drop the weights at the very end.  Looks like I'll need to revisit this feat another day.

Musical Inspiration:  "Let the Bad Times Roll" by The Vandals from the album "Live Fast, Diarrhea" released in March 1995.

• Like 5

Hey Doug, 

super cool 😎 videos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Hey Doug, 

super cool 😎 videos

Thanks John! As always, I appreciate you taking the time to watch these things.

Pull, Bize, and Trize Day 07-11-2024

Round 1
Pulldowns - 5’ x 1 ¾” Lat Bar - 125lb x 10 reps
Hammer Curls - Triceps Bar with 3” Grips - 85lb x 10 reps
Front/Lat Raises - York Roundhead Dumbbells - 15lb x 8 reps each
Pulldowns - 4’ x 1 ¾” Lat Bar - 165lb x 11 reps

Round 2
Pulldowns - 2’ x 3” Straight Bar - 170lb x 12 reps
EZ Bar Curls - Curl Bar with 1 ¾” Grips - 81.5lb x 10 reps
Pulldowns - I-Beam attachment - 140lb x 10 reps

Round 3
Close Grip Rows - 1 ¼” Handles - 115lb x 10 reps
Zottman Curls - York Roundhead Dumbbells with 2 ¾” Grips - 25lb x 10 reps
Monster Grip Triangle - 2" Handles - 115lb x 10 reps

Round 4
M10 Attachment - 1 ¼” Handles - 115lb x 10 reps
Super Bar Reverse Curls - 63lb x 10 reps
Pinch Block Rows - 2” x 3” Handles - 115lb x 10 reps

Round 5
Flat Tricep Bar - 1 ¾” Bar - 65lb x 10 reps
Hoerbel Curls - York Roundhead Dumbbells - 40lb x 12 reps
Fat Tricep Bar - 2” Bar - 65lb x 10 reps

Round 6
Fat Tricep Rope - 1 ½” Rope - 55lb x 10
Alternating Dumbbell Curls - York Roundhead Dumbbells - 35lb x 10 reps
Reverse Grip Tricep Pulldown - 3” Muscle Mace - 35lb x 10 reps

• Like 5

Killer workout, very impressive Doug

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Killer workout, very impressive Doug

Thanks John!  One day a week I can get some decent volume in.

Other days it's catch-as-catch-can.  Maybe I get in some bench and blobs before kid pickup, but that's it.

• Like 1

Doctor's visit here shortly.  Doubt she'll be impressed by my blob feats and suggest more cardio.  But I like, what I like.

Maybe I'll compromise and carry those two little half 30s on the treadmill.  Does that count as cardio?  😂🤣😅

• Haha 3

On 7/12/2024 at 9:11 AM, Douglas Carney said:

Doctor's visit here shortly.  Doubt she'll be impressed by my blob feats and suggest more cardio.  But I like, what I like.

Maybe I'll compromise and carry those two little half 30s on the treadmill.  Does that count as cardio?  😂🤣😅

Do whatever makes you happy. I hate cardio too but I make it fun.. Rowing is relaxing at the right pace and good tunes, and BJJ is a killer workout. Walking is the best. Even little things like parking in the furthest spots at stores or using stairs instead of elevators. 

Just be happy your Dr. doesn't have fingers like this. 🤣🤯

image.png.e037a4d0007b364397614d0e0e8fb14f.png

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Do whatever makes you happy. I hate cardio too but I make it fun.. Rowing is relaxing at the right pace and good tunes, and BJJ is a killer workout. Walking is the best. Even little things like parking in the furthest spots at stores or using stairs instead of elevators. 

Just be happy your Dr. doesn't have fingers like this. 🤣🤯

Uhm...yeah...my doctor is a short woman with small hands.  hahaha

She was actually pretty reasonable yesterday and referred to my weight loss as "plateaued" rather than pointing out I was up a couple pounds since January.

Was talking with a friend of mine at the pool and she suggested a half hour tv series for me to watch while walking on the treadmill.  It's like ten seasons, so I could theoretically do one episode a night for months and get in thousands of extra steps.  🤔

• Like 4

Pool day yesterday so more tossing kids like slam balls.  😄  Also a bit of picking up my 50lb son overhead with one arm at a time.

Used to do that when he was younger and wasn't quite ready to be thrown in the air (and preferred that I didn't let go).  Need to keep up with my pressing or I may not be able to do this again next year...  🤔

That said...my bench & blobs workout is pushed to tomorrow to avoid overdoing it like I did a couple weeks ago.  😇

• Like 3

York 100 NextGen and 105 Legacy – Full Lift 07-16-2024

Revisited this feat and managed to get a full lift.

Musical Inspiration:  "Before I Forget" by Slipknot from the album "Vol. 3: (The Subliminal Verses)" released in May 2004.

• Like 3

York Legacy 125 - Attempt without the Crash Mat 07-16-2024

It may still be a long journey for me, but today felt like I took the next small step toward lifting my York 125 Legacy.

Musical Inspiration: "I'm Broken" by Pantera from the album "Far Beyond Driven" released in March 1994.

• Like 2