NICE WORK.

you have the coolest gym 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

NICE WORK.

you have the coolest gym 

Thanks John!

Yesterday was thick bar Pull, Bize, and Trize with a fun "finisher."

Took the kids to the pool and for about an hour total I repeatedly threw my daughter about six feet up/six feet out from where I was standing in the five foot section.

Picture Crossfit Wall-Ball but with a 45 lb kid instead of a 20 lb ball.  😊

• Like 3

I don't have time to edit and compile videos...so here's the rundown from a quick workout I got in yesterday afternoon:

• decline dumbbell bench press (my favorite pre-blob exercise) 35lbx10, 45lbx10, 55lbx10, 65lbx10
  • blob warmup
    • 35 - 50 (five pound increments) 10 count holds each plus 5 count face pick holds
      • one minute rest
    • 55 - 75 (five pound increments except for the slick 65) 5 count holds each plus 5 count face pick holds
      • one minute rest
    • blobs 80 & 85 combo lift left/right together
      • one minute rest
    • blobs 90 Pre-USA, 100 NextGen, and 105 Legacy
      • one minute rest between each
  • blob work
    • York 125 Legacy - only a bit of a drag
    • York 115 plus 5 pounds - barely broke the ground
    • York 105 plus 12.5 pounds (63.10 pounds total) - nearly a full lift but I didn't lock my legs or get my shoulders back

Pool that night with a lot more tossing my daughter overhead in the five foot section.  Kinda glad I didn't go heavy with the dumbbells earlier.  hahaha

• Like 3

-----NON-GRIP RELATED-----

Friday night at the pool was the first time I used my backpack cooler since at least last summer.

Shocked to find a few inches of slack in the waist band when I clipped it together.

I mean...my summer clothes do feel a lot looser...but the difference still surprised me.  😲

• Like 3

Good for you, nice work 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Good for you, nice work 

Thanks John!

• Like 1

My First Full Lift of the York 100 FatMan Blob 06-03-2024

Dedicated to Richard 'Pops' Sorin, the man who coined the term "Blob" and challenged himself to lift a half 100lb York Dumbbell with a pinch grip.

His influence and inspiration as a grip legend, the original Captain of Crush, will forever be remembered in the strength community.

• Like 6

19 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

My First Full Lift of the York 100 FatMan Blob 06-03-2024

Dedicated to Richard 'Pops' Sorin, the man who coined the term "Blob" and challenged himself to lift a half 100lb York Dumbbell with a pinch grip.

His influence and inspiration as a grip legend, the original Captain of Crush, will forever be remembered in the strength community.

Great lift and tribute!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Way cool lift

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, ZRMMA said:

Great lift and tribute!

7 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Way cool lift

Thank you!  Words could not capture what I'm feeling right now.  So I put all my energy and emotion into that lift to honor the man, his life and legacy.

• Like 4

First ever air under my York Legacy 125 06-06-2024

It may still be a long journey for me, but today felt like I took a small step toward lifting my York 125 Legacy.

Musical Inspiration: "Black Wind, Fire and Steel" by Manowar from the album "Fighting the World" released in February 1987.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Douglas Carney said:

First ever air under my York Legacy 125 06-06-2024

It may still be a long journey for me, but today felt like I took a small step toward lifting my York 125 Legacy.

Musical Inspiration: "Black Wind, Fire and Steel" by Manowar from the album "Fighting the World" released in February 1987.

huge step forward Doug. where there's air there's a future feat

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

huge step forward Doug. where there's air there's a future feat

Thanks Joe!  Took a crash mat to help make it happen...but it's the start of something big.

• Like 1

It won’t be long until you have it in the air

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

It won’t be long until you have it in the air

Thanks John!  Hoping this miracle/magical moment of gaining strength and going up on lifts at 53 (AND A HALF) years old continues...

Think I'm finally going to take some grippers to work tomorrow for my buddies to try.  Also it dawned on me that instead of the Captains of Crush that all look alike, I should take my rated Powerball set from @Cannon.

The colors will make it easier to see who does what...  Plus they even came with their own stand!

Might as well take the Hulk (RGC 199) to keep everything together.  Although aside from chest crush attempts, I doubt that thing will move any tomorrow.

But the real debate is which set of blocks to take...The Grip Show or Gripsport Latino?  One of each?  🤔

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Got to work, unboxed the grippers, looked at the ratings, and realized there's a huge gap between the Poweball 200 (RGC 90) and Powerball 250 (RGC 120).

I'm predicting 90 will get closed a lot but 120 will not (unless I'm having an exceptionally excellent day or one of my coworkers has been flying under the radar during grip discussions).

So I'm guessing a lot of us are going to "tie" at 90 and nothing will really be "decided" today.

Thinking I should have brought in my HG250 (RGC 105) to be the tie-breaker.

Edited by Douglas Carney
  • Like 1

Ghost town today. So I did a test run solo.

Only got the 120 down to about 1/4" which isn't going to impress anyone.  Probably just as well there aren't many people here today.

• Like 1

We have mandatory training next Thursday,  so everyone should be here that day. I'll make sure to bring in that light HG250 to give us another option.

• Like 2

Nice office competition. Great idea.

• Thanks 1

Watch out though. Before you know it, you'll be lugging Blobs to work 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, GareGames said:

Nice office competition. Great idea.

Thank you! I may want to bring in a dyno (like the one used in "I Tested The Strength Of Celebrities") and offer a small prize for the highest number. Either way...it's fun and getting word out about the sport.

• Like 2

Way not bring a BLOB to work. nothing but fun

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Watch out though. Before you know it, you'll be lugging Blobs to work 😂

That thought briefly crossed my mind, but it would make for a long and heavy metro ride to work with a blob in my backpack! 😂🤣😅

• Haha 1