Bending+Training Log

Londonjoseph

Great Post! Improvement will always be a struggle, but nobody can take away that belt! Big props to you.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Kluv#0 said:

Great Post! Improvement will always be a struggle, but nobody can take away that belt! Big props to you.

Absolutely brother, I appreciate the kind words. 

What I've bent, what I have gripped, what I have lifted, or whoever I have faced across the armwrestling table has never been tougher or more difficult than my struggles with my mind and substance abuse. 

None of the obstacles in my life (physical or mental) has ever compared to that. I'm so happy with who I am, what I have, and what I have accomplished. 

I feel like I have only touched the tip of the iceberg for my journey in strength and life. 

There's so much after all these things. 

The greatest gift my father ever gave me was gratitude. I appreciate my wife, my son, my hobbies, my talents, my achievements, etc. 

Every time I struggle right now I think of my battle with the bottle. Life was never meant to be easy. 

7x grade 8 bolt ostlund style? There's few guys who can or could do that now. I know the fruits of my labor will be even greater given some time. 

It's time to rest today. Tomorrow will be more intense training- likely snapping!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

Not much training lately. A few reverse bends here and there. 

20x isometric horseshoe crushdown bends. Was a huge workout yesterday, soaked in sweat. 

Today was 7x grade 8 bolt ostlund style. That took immense effort but was glad to get that far. 

I have been working huge 70 hour weeks. My struggle with alcohol and other substances has been very harsh but I've been working hard to make myself better. I'm improving every day mental health wise, which is huge. 

I knew I had to get better for my wife and son and I'm making sure I do. I have to get better for them and myself, and I'm very proud of how I have been doing. 

Cheers, my brothers. 

Screenshot_20240809-161204.png

Snapchat-866465318.jpg

Hard work pays off and it shows in every post you make. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Hard work pays off and it shows in every post you make. 

Thanks Joe. 

The logs you, @matek, and @John Knowlton make really encourage me. You guys have encouraged me from the start and the community here is great. 

You guys have done more for me than you even know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Thanks Joe. 

The logs you, @matek, and @John Knowlton make really encourage me. You guys have encouraged me from the start and the community here is great. 

You guys have done more for me than you even know

Ditto that

• Like 1

I'm really glad for your progress, London! And yes, based on your age and attitude, the best is yet to come!

• Like 4

5/8"x22" hot rolled bar.

Took immense effort, 3 hours of sleep last night, but I still pulled through because I have that DAWG in me ,😤😤😤😤

Screenshot_20240812-150116.png

Snapchat-404715617.jpg

• Like 9

Nice work 

• Like 1

Took 4:30 to bend but a coworker walked.in front, so I did 2 takes on camera and edited it into a YouTube short. 

• Like 4

I have torn tendons and ligaments. I have deadened my nerves. I have ossified my bones. I have bruised all over. I have shredded muscle tissue. 

I WILL GIVE MY POUND OF FLESH FOR GREATNESS. 

• Like 6

I have been sungazing every day. Just 20 minutes right at the sunset. It feels good. 

6" hot dipped 80D spike, leg crush style. Felt harder than 6" gold nail. I will do bigger things soon. I'm keeping my training on track and consistent 

Snapchat-1217920331.jpg

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

I have been sungazing every day. Just 20 minutes right at the sunset. It feels good. 

6" hot dipped 80D spike, leg crush style. Felt harder than 6" gold nail. I will do bigger things soon. I'm keeping my training on track and consistent 

Snapchat-1217920331.jpg

Thats a wicked killer bend.

• Like 1

Tried 10mmx6" hot rolled square leg crush, couldn't finish it. My hands tore too much skin. I don't think I had the strength to anyways. 

Really tired and sweating, but that's ok, these sessions are for that reason. I got much farther than my last attempt so that is a PR to me. 

I will need to rest for 3-4 days it seems, I'm beyond exhausted. 

Snapchat-926069116.jpg

• Like 5

Been relaxing with my wife, cat and son. 

Not a whole lot of training lately, been resting up because I am planning a big feat. Next session I would like to leg crush 5x 6"X3/8" hot dipped 80D (these feel harder than 6" gold nail for reference). 

Trained some armwrestling stuff with a good friend yesterday. It was a lot of fun. 

I've been living well and treating myself well. 

Snapchat-468367816.jpg

• Like 10

21 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Not a whole lot of training lately, been resting up because I am planning a big feat. Next session I would like to leg crush 5x 6"X3/8" hot dipped 80D (these feel harder than 6" gold nail for reference). 

Trained some armwrestling stuff with a good friend yesterday. It was a lot of fun. 

Snapchat-468367816.jpg

ahah what a great picture!

• Like 1

Just now, matek said:

ahah what a great picture!

Thanks brother, life is good. Gratitude is key to better things! 

• Like 3

Love the picture of you, the cat, and happy baby!  

• Like 2

VERY NICE. good times

• Like 2

On 8/21/2024 at 11:17 AM, Londonjoseph said:

Snapchat-468367816.jpg

That’s a great picture man

• Like 1

Back to back medley, 25 minutes of pain

3x 3/8"x6" 80D. They were super hard, my best before was 1.

The first one I smashed in a minute. The next one took 8, the one after took 15. 

My hands are hurting pretty bad, bruised black. That's ok, I will have iron palms soon. 

Snapchat-1944640389.jpg

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Back to back medley, 25 minutes of pain

3x 3/8"x6" 80D. They were super hard, my best before was 1.

The first one I smashed in a minute. The next one took 8, the one after took 15. 

My hands are hurting pretty bad, bruised black. That's ok, I will have iron palms soon. 

Snapchat-1944640389.jpg

Nice work and great live stream earlier. Watched it on the ride out 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Nice work and great live stream earlier. Watched it on the ride out 

Thanks Joe. 

For anyone wondering I had a Livestream with Ivan Cuk, he had a good training session. I just provided some commentary.

• Like 2

Casual training session

Half suede, super thin pads. Thinner than Ironmind pads, traditional double underhand

1x timber tie

5x shiny 60D

5x grade 5

5x grade 8

A good quick session, especially since I was relaxing for a minute. Decent volume. 

Snapchat-1893132228.jpg

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Londonjoseph said:

Casual training session

Half suede, super thin pads. Thinner than Ironmind pads, traditional double underhand

1x timber tie

5x shiny 60D

5x grade 5

5x grade 8

A good quick session, especially since I was relaxing for a minute. Decent volume. 

Snapchat-1893132228.jpg

Nice one, great volume!

• Like 1

On 8/31/2024 at 5:39 AM, matek said:

Nice one, great volume!

I did volume for reverse bending yesterday, same exact stuff. 

Well, it lacks the timber tie! 

Snapchat-455938295.jpg

• Like 4