Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

8 minutes ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Yes, I was brought up on manual labor. I feel the same way. 

I really hate the electric car push. I don't mind them being used, so long as we're not forced to use them exclusively. Hopefully it'll take a long time to get the infrastructure in place. Luckily, I haven't seen a single EV at the shop in my 2 years here😊

I can tell you this In a lot of cities and towns in the Boston area, if you are building new house it's its required to have a place to charge your car. No running gas into the house, only electric,  and gas appliances are also being banned in some communities near me.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I can tell you this In a lot of cities and towns in the Boston area, if you are building new house it's its required to have a place to charge your car. No running gas into the house, only electric,  and gas appliances are also being banned in some communities near me.

Yeah. Here in Oklahoma there's not much of that. I'm hoping it stays that way as long as possible. 

• Like 1

Plate Curls

25lbs plate 3 x3 both hands 

Left 22.5x3 22.5x3  22.5x3

Right 22.5x3 22.5x2 22.5x3

sledge pronation and supination

12”x5 13”x5 13”5 both hands

Wrist Developer orange spring

3-3x1  3-4x1    3-4x1  4-3x1    Both hands

have only played around with the WD last few months but I didn’t lose any strength on it after not really using it much this past year if anything I’m stronger. Gotta be the plate curls and possibly strand pulling 

plate curl Holds 

22.5lbs 3x 5 seconds each hand

Dips, push ups, 20lbs ball slams

strandpulling and horseshoe bender 

• Like 5

way cool plate curls

• Thanks 1

Worked smart not hard today to take up some asphalt. I’ve never really used our mini excavator but it’s just like playing a video game. And then we had our excavators drop off a real machine for the next project in a beautiful Kenworth.IMG_3253.thumb.jpeg.9ef3bd18bb6fd40f37db5eabd9b5ba67.jpegIMG_3240.thumb.jpeg.734f9a2a28df29deb2cb5fdf4df02d78.jpegIMG_3243.thumb.jpeg.62c24995f637bddd0c02606b3c0ec83b.jpeg

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Worked smart not hard today to take up some asphalt. I’ve never really used our mini excavator but it’s just like playing a video game. And then we had our excavators drop off a real machine for the next project in a beautiful Kenworth.IMG_3253.thumb.jpeg.9ef3bd18bb6fd40f37db5eabd9b5ba67.jpegIMG_3240.thumb.jpeg.734f9a2a28df29deb2cb5fdf4df02d78.jpegIMG_3243.thumb.jpeg.62c24995f637bddd0c02606b3c0ec83b.jpeg

Those are fun👍

• Like 2

Fun 🤩 fun 🤩 fun 🤩 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Fun 🤩 fun 🤩 fun 🤩 

16 hours ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Those are fun👍

Yup running equipment is a lot of fun.  That’s a handicap ramp we are building. We bid the job back in 2012-2013. Got beat out by another bidder. But you get what you pay for. It’s been failing for a few years now and they finally got the funding to rebuild it.  The dude is a hack we know him. This time it should last  at least 20 years hopefully 

this morning all I did was go for a quick walk. 

• Like 2

Gripper holds 

COC 1 Left 3x2 seconds 3 sets

CC 1.5 Right 2x5 seconds 3 sets

Still not comfortable finding 1rm 3x4 pinch so just did singles with 100lbs. Next week my back will be good

It takes a while to pinpoint and I think it’s my psoas muscles. That’s the culprit I’m beginning to think

Reg Park strandpullling routine. I’m liking it.

Dips and knee raises

Leg crush x3 timber ties 1 60d galv 

1 whatever is next size up from 1/4 drill rod I honestly forget .261?

Last night I earned my first degree in Freemasonry. Was pretty interesting. Then we stayed up till midnight playing darts and drinking rum

off to acupuncture then I’m  having my uncle over to hang out  

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Last night I earned my first degree in Freemasonry. Was pretty interesting.

Congrats man👍

• Thanks 1

Interesting 

I got my rated grippers in the mail from @Cannon. I bought in roughly 3 10lbs increments. 83, 94 and 105 Copper

I can close my 1.5 rated 83 very easy.  My rated 94 Gold Standard sorta easy (this was with no chalk and after working out this morning) 

But my 1.5 I bought years ago, feels harder than the 94 Gold Standard.  I am going to get these rated soon. Maybe they are a bit rusty and that makes it a bit harder. At least I know sorta where I'm at with grippers now.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Interesting 

I got my rated grippers in the mail from @Cannon. I bought in roughly 3 10lbs increments. 83, 94 and 105 Copper

I can close my 1.5 rated 83 very easy.  My rated 94 Gold Standard sorta easy (this was with no chalk and after working out this morning) 

But my 1.5 I bought years ago, feels harder than the 94 Gold Standard.  I am going to get these rated soon. Maybe they are a bit rusty and that makes it a bit harder. At least I know sorta where I'm at with grippers now.

Nice. Have you done much gripper work?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Luke Blackwell said:

Nice. Have you done much gripper work?

Not really, just here and there. Until recent.

When I first got my COC .5-2.5 grippers, back in probably 2018 or 2019 on a good day I could close the 1.5 but it was infrequent. A lot of time I struggled with the 1. I wasn't aware of how technical grippers are.  I messed around with them for a while but got no where.. I never really started training them seriously until a few months back when I hurt my back.  I enjoy training with them more than I thought I would 

• Like 6

6 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Not really, just here and there. Until recent.

When I first got my COC .5-2.5 grippers, back in probably 2018 or 2019 on a good day I could close the 1.5 but it was infrequent. A lot of time I struggled with the 1. I wasn't aware of how technical grippers are.  I messed around with them for a while but got no where.. I never really started training them seriously until a few months back when I hurt my back.  I enjoy training with them more than I thought I would 

They are addictive. I really enjoy them.

I'm currently waiting for Cpw to restock iron, then I'll make another purchase.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

IMG_3289.thumb.jpeg.e8dfb521f0db623f8dd1288d12a273b0.jpegHeres a picture of the new grippers and a video of me closing the Gold. This was on Saturday late afternoon. Just for fun I picked it up again and tried it.  I got it for sure with my right, left I wasn't sure but it was close. I really like the Standards, so much more than COC. The knurling is perfect. Really curious what my old COCS rate at.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-LgSKrFgH3o?feature=share

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

IMG_3289.thumb.jpeg.e8dfb521f0db623f8dd1288d12a273b0.jpegHeres a picture of the new grippers and a video of me closing the Gold. This was on Saturday late afternoon. Just for fun I picked it up again and tried it.  I got it for sure with my right, left I wasn't sure but it was close. I really like the Standards, so much more than COC. The knurling is perfect. Really curious what my old COCS rate at.

https://youtube.com/shorts/-LgSKrFgH3o?feature=share

Nice, I can't wait to get my first one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice work and way cool shirt too

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

grippers 20mm set

COC1.5 83rated  

Left x1 x1

Standard Silver

X1 x1

Right 1.5 rated 83

x1x1 x1 x1 x1. And 12 second hold

Strandpulling Reg Park Cable pulling routine plus chest krusher

dips and push-ups 

Bought a West Side Scout Hyper machine off Rogue this morning. Hopefully this helps with my back. I do think acupuncture is really helping. It’s leaving me with some lingering DOMS. Not as bad as 1st session. I’ll go a few more times then just go maybe once a month or as needed. 

And I ordered a pull up station from Arm Assassin to attach my Napalm handles too, get some thick bar in while I continue to build my back up.

• Like 5

Nice 👍 new additions to the gym

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Are you going to post pictures of your new equipment

• Like 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

Are you going to post pictures of your new equipment

yup. The West Side Scout Hyper shipped this morning, not sure when I'll get it. Probably the end of the week. I bet I'll get the pull up station late next week.

Plate Curls 

25lbs 3x3 both hands

Weight added to front 22x3 21x3 21x3 both hands

holds

21x5 sec 3 sets both hands w

Wrist Developer orange spring 

2-3x3 3-2x3 3-3x3   3-4x1 3-4x1 

Strandpulling 

dips weighted push ups and squats 

20lbs slam ball

sledge pronation supination

13” 3x5 each way 

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

Nice plate curls

Thanks John.  This morning I had to use  a little bit of momentum but the 25lbs plate felt pretty light otherwise. 

My Westside Scout gets delivered today. I might even skip thirsty Thursday to put it together or just have a beer with the guys and assemble it

• Like 1