Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

this morning just some calisthenics, light work with the chest expander, Vulcan and wrist developer and snapped a couple nails. Super set with playing guitar in between. Having good vacation.

picked up an armwrestling table and spring trainer from Luke at Arm Assassin while I was out here. Can’t wait to get back home and start using it.

IMG_2615.thumb.jpeg.49fe2b4156f5cfd719d14c1803bb217b.jpeg

• Like 5

Back at my uncles for one more night and home tomorrow 

this morning wrist developer and strand pulling. Hopefully four wheeling soon

• Like 4

good clean fun

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

This morning, just messed around with the spring trainer  on my new armwrestling table. Don't have much planned for the day other than getting back into the swing of things.... 

I love driving around and seeing farms, local architecture and stopping at local places to eat.   I looked at property out there and I may very well end up moving there in the next couple years or at least buy something to rent out. I wanted to ask my uncle if his company would hire but I didn't get the chance. But I know what the answer is.  I just think I'd miss the ocean.

The high light was stopping to see my grandfathers final resting place at the military cemetery. I never got to visit it.  And meeting Luke Raymond. We only talked about 10 minutes but he's a real nice guy with a real nice shop. 

IMG_2725.thumb.jpeg.5c7e7054b1ed0332530f9f2e1874c42e.jpegIMG_2627.thumb.jpeg.7756ae45ee469339c2948130c63bad40.jpegIMG_2706.thumb.jpeg.f48bf6d1b1746e3eb7cf603d8a11af62.jpeg

IMG_2658.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 6

Looks like a lot of fun, it was nice to stop and give your respects to your Grandfather, he was a bricklayer, wasn’t he?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Looks like a lot of fun, it was nice to stop and give your respects to your Grandfather, he was a bricklayer, wasn’t he?

Thanks John. My dads dad was the brickie. This  was my moms dad. He was a Jack of all trades.

He died NYE 2010 and was cremated. my moms step mom had a little service last year and we couldn’t make it.

• Like 2

just 20 minutes on the rower and 20 minutes of stretching... Dads birthday today and after than I'm eating light for a couple weeks.

• Like 3

First day back to work after 10 days off.

Grippers 20mm set block

Left hand 1 close COC 1.5 and 3 about 1/16thth. Its just that last little bit 

Right hand4 closes with the 1.5 COC

its like every week  my technique feels better but I just can't consistently get closes with my left hand.. Pretty sure I have a Standard silver gripper, I need to check. I think thats between a #1 and #1.5.   Maybe I can work with that for a bit. Either way I just want to close a #2 for now and then move on to other things.

Vulcan V2

Left 5/5x3 5/6x2  5/5x2

Right 5/5x3  5/6x2 5/5x3

Ran out of time, usually do 5 working sets with the Vulcan.

I'm going to drop 25lbs and was doing good before I went away.  But now it's time to start again. 

• Like 5

30 minutes on the rower and stretching

• Like 4

Plate Curls

20lbs 3x3 both hands

Plate curl negs

22.5lbs 3x3 both hands...

Wrist plate curls 

17.5lbs 3x5 both hands

Instead of stacking and pinching the plates this week on each set including warm ups set I used a clamp on the far end..So my warm up sets where actually harder, works finger tips and wrists.

Weighted ring push ups and weighted squats

Kettlebell swings and presses

Leg crush

60d timber tie  60d    and 2 1/4x6 CRS   

Forgot to do my pronation and supination with the sledge, but I'm using one a lot at work today so I'll throw in a few sets.

Pretty easy day, it's been hard getting back into it, I've had sinus issues and something off with my stomach again. I'm starting to think that it is stress related. 

Tile guy who's already held up a couple jobs for us for 3 months plus promised he'd get caught up while we where gone.. He never went there all last week. If you remember pictures I've posted he does incredible work but he starts stuff and doesn't come back for weeks and weeks and people need their bathrooms.

And this frenchman we've used off and on for years was looking work, we lined some stuff up and was depending on him when we got back, he had a stroke at a concert and is out of commission for a while..  Something tell me white powder was involved and im not talking chalk. 3rd time this has happened if he doesn't stop smoking or drinking he's the biggest fool, most people don't get 1 chance let alone 3

But the good news is one of the best carpenters in town, who happens to be my old friends dad is looking for work and I want to hire him. He already might do a job for us.

• Like 5

NICE WORK OUT

it's hard-to-find good dependable people.

• Thanks 1

You could always hire me Joe, I'm a dependable guy! 

Just gotta pay for my plane ticket, and a smokey or two 😉

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

NICE WORK OUT

it's hard-to-find good dependable people.

Thank you

It really is. I started working around 15- 16, summers, weekends and after school and never stopped.

It’s pretty simple just show up on time and do your job. Most people can’t do that and I guess that’s what keeps us busy 🤣

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

You could always hire me Joe, I'm a dependable guy! 

Just gotta pay for my plane ticket, and a smokey or two 😉

Come to Boston. Your hired! 

• Like 2

4000m on the rower. today is a jackhammer and sledge kinda of day at work

• Like 3

NOW THATS AN ALL-DAY WORKOUT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

NOW THATS AN ALL-DAY WORKOUT

IMG_2819.thumb.jpeg.a0db43f53fefe7ceba4e0b480eed0241.jpegIMG_2818.thumb.jpeg.c27c6d31928b88625078f266b47012e7.jpeg

sure is

• Like 3

that's a hard day of work.

bet you can't Wate for BEER:30

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

that's a hard day of work.

bet you can't Wate for BEER:30

No I can't...4 more hours.

well over half done and loaded in the truck 99% myself, but now my dads jumping in.  I've been pinching and "plate curling" almost every piece I pick u so I have a feeling tomorrows workout is going to suffer.

• Like 2

Practice Set COC #2 

4 reps each hand

Blobtop

Left

18.5x1 18.75x1 19x1 19x1 19x1

Holds 13.25x10 sec 13.5x10sec 13.75x10 sec

Right

17.5x1 18x1 16.5x1 16.5x15 16.5x1   

Holds 13.25x5sec 13x6 sec 12.75x6 sec

Right hand abruptly just gassed out. It had nothing left (no pun intended)🤣.  its gotta be from work yesterday

Messed around with some different tempos on with the chest expander, different kb movements and with the spring on my armwrestling table. 

Getting ready to hit it hard again but in a different way..  Going to still do grip but focus on weight loss... Kettlebells always worked in the past.

I want to be 180lbs by Xmas. I'm 199.7lbs as of this morning.  Its all good things but I'm going to have a very busy fall and a lot going on and have to make best use of my time, so grip might get get cut down to one or two times a week some week. It's only temporary though.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Kettlebells always worked in the past.

image.gif.9e82273427c208f6406f510ee2fdac89.gif

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

image.gif.9e82273427c208f6406f510ee2fdac89.gif

remember when I said I was done buying gear

IMG_2834.thumb.jpeg.e6b5c830872ebf65c2debd90230cabf2.jpeg

I may buy a 60-65lbs one an 80lbs one and 100lbs.  As they come up on marketplace or if I can score them somewhere

that time off did my back wonders. I’m looking for an acupuncturist and I think dropping 20lbs will help. 

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

remember when I said I was done buying gear

IMG_2834.thumb.jpeg.e6b5c830872ebf65c2debd90230cabf2.jpeg

I may buy a 60-65lbs one an 80lbs one and 100lbs.  As they come up on marketplace or if I can score them somewhere

that time off did my back wonders. I’m looking for an acupuncturist and I think dropping 20lbs will help. 

They're pricey, but I got a couple of these a long while ago, and now I don't have to buy anything <70lbs: https://www.kettlebellkings.com/products/12-32kg-adjustable-competition-style-kettlebell?_pos=1&_psq=adjustable&_ss=e&_v=1.0

It's 19 kettlebells in one, ranging from 26-72lb. Plus I prefer the competition-style bells. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, DoctorOfCrush said:

They're pricey, but I got a couple of these a long while ago, and now I don't have to buy anything <70lbs: https://www.kettlebellkings.com/products/12-32kg-adjustable-competition-style-kettlebell?_pos=1&_psq=adjustable&_ss=e&_v=1.0

It's 19 kettlebells in one, ranging from 26-72lb. Plus I prefer the competition-style bells. 

I’ll check this out and possibly buying later. Thank you

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Good space saving idea as well.

• Like 1