Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

Good times 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

Sounds like a cool show and fun weekend!

24 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Good times 

yup.  A great weekend. My friend is getting hitched so I took him out this afternoon.  Primed myself with a bunch of Yuengling to prepare myself for next weekend.

• Like 2

45minutes on the rower. If work goes will this week I’m leaving a day early for NY.

• Like 2

This morning. sucky performance

COC 1.5" 20mm set block

Left 3/16"/ 1/8th".   1/32nd". SO CLOSE LAST SET BUT NO CEEGAR

Right 3 singles

Vulcan V2 

Left 5/5x3 5/5x3 4/5x4 3/5x5 5/5x3

Right 5/5x3 5/5x3 4/5x3 4/5x3 5/5x3

Just sorta been stuck here or even weaker than previous weeks... But I made some adjustments to my setting technique today and I think that will benefit me.

Calisthenics

Strand pulling.. lest set last rep back press I felt something in my left deltoid but its ok now. 

Just not a good session this morning, everything felt off and heavy.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Just not a good session this morning, everything felt off and heavy.

Happens... next time will be better

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, matek said:

Happens... next time will be better

yup it does. And next time will be better

this morning 2000m rowed.   We dismantled and moved a swing set for our customers yesterday and carried It down a very steep incline... My back was killing my at the end of the day and still pretty sore this morning. I really thought I was beyond this.

when I get back from NY I'm making a Drs. appointment.  Not only that I'm taking a break from doing all the heavy lifting at work. I cut out anything that loads the spine in the gym and It got a lot better but never went away... In a lot of ways I feel better than I did before but lower back pain is still there.  So work must still be aggravating it, 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

... My back was killing my at the end of the day and still pretty sore this morning. I really thought I was beyond this.

when I get back from NY I'm making a Drs. appointment.  Not only that I'm taking a break from doing all the heavy lifting at work. I cut out anything that loads the spine in the gym and It got a lot better but never went away... In a lot of ways I feel better than I did before but lower back pain is still there.  So work must still be aggravating it,

Sorry to hear about the lingering back pain, Joe.  Hopefully rest will help your recovery.

• Thanks 1

Awesome stuff Joe. I hope you're still investing into that sugar mama!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

Sorry to hear about the lingering back pain, Joe.  Hopefully rest will help your recovery.

Thanks Doug. It’s weird, just to test my self, and as stupid as it was I just carried our heavy concrete mixer down stairs. That didn’t  seem to bother it. Bending over and climbing around this deck sure does.

Not sure what that means but I’ll tell the Dr.. it’s hinging movements that aggravate it.

1 hour ago, Londonjoseph said:

Awesome stuff Joe. I hope you're still investing into that sugar mama!

Thanks man hopefully something good comes out of it. My sister says she’s interested as of a few days ago but we still haven’t met up. I’m telling my sister when we go away. If we can’t put something together within a couple weeks of getting home then just forget about it though. 

• Like 3

Plate Curls

left 23x3 3 sets

Right 22.5x3 23x3 23x3

plate curl negs

26x3 27.5x3 25x3 Both hands

wrist plate curls 

Left 19x5 20x5 19.5x5

right 18x5 3 sets

calisthenics

strand pulling 

Bending leg crush style

2 timber ties 3 60ds

i rather like this style, at the very least I have so many timber ties and 60ds it would be good to get strong enough to do multiple at  a time and eat them up

Plate curls are feeling great best thing I ever added to the routine. But now instead of pinching additional weight I’m going to get some vice grips on the far end. Work my wrists and finger tips more. So close to curling at 25lbs plate, i maybe could  with my left.

last session before going away. Will bring my Vulcan gripper expanders, wrist developer and maybe some nails to snap to get my heart rate going

• Like 5

have fun in NY, just be careful and keep your wallet in your front pocket.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

have fun in NY, just be careful and keep your wallet in your front pocket.

Always do regardless.

luckily where I’m going I’ve got a better chance of being pickpocketed by a cow than a human. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long day, tonight stretching and a walk.

from here to after Labor Day it’s weekend its vacation but gotta stop by couple jobs in the morning 

I did it again. I’ve wanted one of these Eric Clapton signature Stratocasters for a long time. But wasn’t planning on making any large purchases soon.

One came up for sale, guy lived near where I’ve been working and ended up getting it WITH the amp I’ve wanted for the price of what guitar goes for used.  It was all too good to be true.  But rule is one goes in ones goes out. 

IMG_2549.thumb.jpeg.8a2dcc9be789f194565dc2049faf8456.jpeg

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Long day, tonight stretching and a walk.

from here to after Labor Day it’s weekend its vacation but gotta stop by couple jobs in the morning 

I did it again. I’ve wanted one of these Eric Clapton signature Stratocasters for a long time. But wasn’t planning on making any large purchases soon.

One came up for sale, guy lived near where I’ve been working and ended up getting it WITH the amp I’ve wanted for the price of what guitar goes for used.  It was all too good to be true.  But rule is one goes in ones goes out. 

IMG_2549.thumb.jpeg.8a2dcc9be789f194565dc2049faf8456.jpeg

wow great find

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, matek said:

wow great find

thanks. I just didn't want to pass it up. Not sure what I like more, the guitar or amp. At least when I'm back from vacation I have something to look forward to as I haven't had much time to mess with them.   That amp is great for mid 60s- early 70s rock n roll. And the guitar is very versatile.. You know your getting old when Stratocasters become your guitar of choice.🤣

this morning just a 25 minute walk and some stretching. then I'm off in a couple hours.  I'll still get a few good workouts in while I'm away.

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

ones goes out.

Oh no!

• Haha 2

THATS A BAD A$$ GUITAR, NICE HIT

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

THATS A BAD A$$ GUITAR, NICE HIT

Thanks, sure is. Wish I had more time to play it. but I’m bringing my new acoustic for my uncles and cousins to check out. 

28 minutes ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Oh no!

I don’t need to get rid of anything and really I don’t want to but it’s just a time and space thing. At this point I need a whole room just for my gear and it’s silly, I play a couple hours a week tops. The variety always keeps me inspired though.  

• Like 3

HEY it's like weights or grip stuff, you never have enough.

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

You just need one more…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

1 minute ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

You just need one more…

One is too many, one hundred ain’t enough 

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)

I made it party time

IMG_2568.thumb.jpeg.7598a9558f193f2c0ef6b55a140163ad.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 3

Up early this morning out door workout calisthenics 
wrist developer 

vulcan gripper

Strandpulling IMG_2574.thumb.jpeg.f05e39a5e6d0e2b7fcadf86fbaef5db9.jpeg

• Like 7

Very awesome sunset and a brewski too, that's always cool to see Joe!!!

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Londonjoseph said:

Very awesome sunset and a brewski too, that's always cool to see Joe!!!

Thanks man. This is up at my uncles. Very nice spot he has. Heading to the air bnb later

• Like 2