wrist plate curls 

17.5x5 18.5x5 17.5x5 left

17.5x5 18.5x3  17.5x5 right

6lbs sledge pronation/supinaion

11"x5 12"x5 11"5

Rings-push ups, rows, tri-exentions and curls and dead hangs

good mornings and squats

tossed my 16lbs medicine ball

Was just about moving my body around this workout. On a scale of 1-10 If the pain as an 8 or 9 on Tuesday its  4 or 5 now.... 

I'm rethinking my routine and I'm may switch it up and not focus on grip as much for a while.  But still will do thick bar, pinch and wrist weekly.   I was in the best shape of my life doing sandbag drills. Maybe focus on that and BJJ, I'd like to get back to class next week.

• Like 5

Stretching and mobility work this morning. Back is feeling better every day. But it’s not great. 

i think we have a future arm wrestlerIMG_1626.thumb.jpeg.02c9ce2512c9eaee131f2bdb2c69deba.jpeg

• Like 4

Ever day will be a little better.

this guy looks like a real bruiser

• Like 3

10 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Ever day will be a little better.

this guy looks like a real bruiser

Thanks John.  Hopefully he stays that way. 

this morning just did light calisthenics and yoga

My back is a little better everyday but it's super tight. I think I'm taking some time off from lifting for a few weeks.  It's not what I want to do but it is what it is. 

My brother messed his back up too and we have a lot of work to do so I gotta play it safe and heal up otherwise we are screwed work wise.  

• Like 3

20 minute walk and 20 minutes of yoga.. Will probably do the same later. Upper back lat area feels much better, now its my lower left back and glute area still bothersome..  When your back hurts grabbing beer from the fridge you know there an issue.

I've been taking @matek advice and not overdoing it on ibuprofen...   At night I've been taking something and that "Willie" seems to help. That gets old really fast though

200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525bbq2o3z0up8ddk6l1j

For a long time my back pain was very manageable but I kicked the can down he road for to long. Going to figure something out, maybe switch to grippers for a block of time and just focus on strengthening that area. Then return to thick bar.

The good thing about grip is there are plenty of things to do that dont require a lot of weight.

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

... I've been taking @matek advice and not overdoing it on ibuprofen...

Sounds like good advice.  I got a little too comfortable taking motrin on the regular and gave myself a small ulcer.

That was few years ago and no issues since I stopped ibuprofen altogether.  But still...it's a complication I would recommend people avoid.

• Like 3

Just now, Douglas Carney said:

Sounds like good advice.  I got a little too comfortable taking motrin on the regular and gave myself a small ulcer.

That was few years ago and no issues since I stopped ibuprofen altogether.  But still...it's a complication I would recommend people avoid.

Yup.

Years ago I tore a ligament in my thumb and few months later my  strained my thigh adductors..  (maybe that’s part of my back problem again)….  Anyways for the better part of a year I took a lot of ibuprofen and the Dr could never figure out what it was but I think I have myself a small ulcer also. Burning pain in my stomach and couldn’t eat much for better part of 2 months I’d say. 

it works great but it’s very important to not over did it. My uncle was just taking it for sn injury it raised his blood pressure to 180 over something and had to stop immediately.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yup.

Years ago I tore a ligament in my thumb and few months later my  strained my thigh adductors..  (maybe that’s part of my back problem again)….  Anyways for the better part of a year I took a lot of ibuprofen and the Dr could never figure out what it was but I think I have myself a small ulcer also. Burning pain in my stomach and couldn’t eat much for better part of 2 months I’d say. 

it works great but it’s very important to not over did it. My uncle was just taking it for sn injury it raised his blood pressure to 180 over something and had to stop immediately.

Man...all of that sounds bad/uncomfortable, Joe.  Good point about not overdoing it.

• Like 2

Yeah, I would watch it with too much ibuprofen use. It can mess up your stomach, which you can feel if it gets bad enough, but it can also do a number on your kidneys, which you can't.

Between me being medical and my wife being an RN in kidney transplant, we use it very sparingly in my household. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Joe I hope you feel better soon, walking is good, did you try some heat and ice,  

• Like 1

Ugg hate back pain hope it settles down soon for you. Hows your ankle and hip mobility I've always found if they are getting tight it puts more on your back.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Busa said:

Ugg hate back pain hope it settles down soon for you. Hows your ankle and hip mobility I've always found if they are getting tight it puts more on your back.

Thank you.. It's getting there. But I need to strengthen it is the problem. My ankle flexibly is good id say, hips are tight, especially the hamstrings.  

I've decided to try and resume tomorrow but just drop the weight, I don't want to change my current routine I'm.  to stop I'd lose my momentum for the inch and all need all I can get.  But I'm making it a point to prioritize my lower back with some drills... 

7 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

Joe I hope you feel better soon, walking is good, did you try some heat and ice,  

thanks John... heat I've done, no ice. I've tried icy hot also and that works great.

Ice cold beer on the other hand also works great but I'm saving myself for the 4th of July (and the 3rd, 5th,6th and 7th)

• Like 1

Nice , way to plan ahead.

NN 2” thumbless 

100x5 145x3 160x3 180x2 stopped lower back hurt

NN3x4

100x1 105x1 110x1

2.5 crusher

45x1 55x1 65x1 75x1

before my grip I did a whole plethora of moves, planks, side planks, few types of bridges, supermans, leg raises. Will continue doing these as part of my warm up. Once the pains gone I’ll add in some things to strengthen my back and core

My back isn’t feeling terrible but it’s not great. I felt it once I hit 180 on NN. But at least I did something and hopefully next week is even better

• Like 4

LETS HOPE

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minute walk and 20 minutes of stretching this morning.

I've never seen so many rabbits as I did this morning. . Bugs Bunny has been busy thats for sure.

If I lived in a more rural area I'd have a freezer full.

• Like 6

Posted (edited)

10 minutes of lower back drills

Plate curls

21x3x3 sets

Plate Curl negs

22.5x3 25x3 25x3 both hands

Wrist plate curls 

17.5x5 18.5x5 17.5x5  my right wrist not liking these 

Sledgehammer pronation and supinatin

11"x5 12"x5 11"x5

light to moderate work with the Chest Krusher, and Chest Expander  Wrist developer 

Snapped a 60dtimber and 60dgalv  I really really miss bending... These where easy but I feel off when I bend now.. My wrists feel stronger and my upper body.. probably from the chest expander. My mid to upper back, shoulders traps and delts grew a ton... I have stretch marks all over my back now.

some light kb squats and ohp, wall sits

ring push ups and rows  and pull ups

20 minute walk after all sweaty in ripped clothes and covered in chalk... I wonder what people thought. 🤣

Just focused on the plate curls and had fun messing around with some other stuff this session. Back is feeling better by the day.

Happy 4th everyone stay safe, dont drink too much and stay away from fireworks one wrong move there goes your grip or even worse

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 6

Nothing to report other than a vast amount of 12 ounce curlIMG_1667.thumb.jpeg.2074f1a7746680dfbf0fbc54c85c9640.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Had enough fun last few days. Even got to see an old high school buddy at pool part yesterday.

This morning 

I did  NN 2" deadlifts, 2.5" crusher thumbless, blob top, inch rows and gooseneck holds... Nothing worth recording just warm up weights. 

Plus some drills for my lower back, its getting better for sure but its got some time to go.  Also used my chest expander and chest krusher.

It sucks my back hurts with the humidity in the air I was having a perfect chalk day, 

Now going for a walk and then  a cooldown and stretching.

• Like 4

My diet isn't great to begin with but I do try a bit. But I needed a break and work is going to get very busy again. Binged and had a very fun last 5 days with friends and family. My diet consisted of coffee, beef, eggs, peanut butter, beer... and lots of water..

I could really feel the bloat doing my stretching tonight. Gotta find a low impact way to burn calories until my back is good for rowing.

this morning a walk and some lower back drills.

• Like 2

Coffee, beef, eggs, peanut butter, beer and water. Sounds like a good diet to me. You got all the basics covered,maybe throw in a bag of chips or something. Just kidding.

Feeling that way doesn't help the back to feel better. It's good that you're walking, when my back gets tight It seems like a nice walk Will help loosen it up.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

Coffee, beef, eggs, peanut butter, beer and water. Sounds like a good diet to me. You got all the basics covered,maybe throw in a bag of chips or something. Just kidding.

Feeling that way doesn't help the back to feel better. It's good that you're walking, when my back gets tight It seems like a nice walk Will help loosen it up.

Luckily I don’t have sweets or chips too often. Not that I don’t like them. If I swapped out the meats for something leaner less fatty and threw in more fruit and vegetables my diet isn’t that bad.

yes walking has been great. There’s some nasty turkeys in my neighborhood. Coyotes run away. The turkeys hiss and come after me.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Luckily I don’t have sweets or chips too often. Not that I don’t like them. If I swapped out the meats for something leaner less fatty and threw in more fruit and vegetables my diet isn’t that bad.

yes walking has been great. There’s some nasty turkeys in my neighborhood. Coyotes run away. The turkeys hiss and come after me.

turkeys are total jerks

• Like 2