Blacksmith513 training log

Blacksmith513

1 hour ago, Douglas Carney said:

Good space saving idea as well.

Yes it is and in my if you’re going to buy one you might as well buy two. 

a little update. Moved some equipment and made room into the work garage to make this my gym. Hopefully in the next few weeks I’ll be doing all my workouts there.

Work garage is a complete disaster now but it was before. But it’s a good opportunity to re organize it. Stuff just accumulates job after job after job.  

Now I get to work out and drink beer in the same place 

IMG_2837.thumb.jpeg.76921fdb5dc520f4c4076b2eccd9cb6e.jpeg

• Like 4

That’s the start of something great

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Blacksmith513 said:

Yes it is and in my if you’re going to buy one you might as well buy two. 

Yeah, I just bit the bullet when I did it. And now I can do any movement with one or two hands at most workable weights. Back when I was doing a ton of clean and press I did eventually have to get a pair of 36kg bells, and that one hurt the ole wallet 😅

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

That’s the start of something great

It sure is.. All the guys were amazing at the inch bell. They were curious to try and lift it but no one did.  But 

9 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Yeah, I just bit the bullet when I did it. And now I can do any movement with one or two hands at most workable weights. Back when I was doing a ton of clean and press I did eventually have to get a pair of 36kg bells, and that one hurt the ole wallet 😅

Thanks again. They are out of stock but I'm Bells of Steel has a version. Tonight when I get home I'll check out reviews find the best deal and probably be $500-$600 poorer.  In theory, the way I see it the healthier I am means less Drs visits = savings.. (No offense to you Doctor)🤣

This morning I went for a nice 35 minute walk and 30 minutes of yoga.. Off to my cousins for a family gathering now.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

No offense to you Doctor

None taken: I totally agree. My first year of med school, one of my professors said the following, and it has stuck with me:

The first rule of surviving the medical system is don't go to the doctor (i.e. stay healthy enough to not need the doctor). The second rule is if you go to the doctor, don't get sent to the hospital. The third rule is if you get sent to the hospital, take someone with you and get out as fast as possible. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

None taken: I totally agree. My first year of med school, one of my professors said the following, and it has stuck with me:

The first rule of surviving the medical system is don't go to the doctor (i.e. stay healthy enough to not need the doctor). The second rule is if you go to the doctor, don't get sent to the hospital. The third rule is if you get sent to the hospital, take someone with you and get out as fast as possible. 

I was always taught two things an apple a day keeps the Doctor  away and there’s more old drunks than there are old Doctors

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

I didn't even think about pairs.  I have singles and feel like they take up a lot of space (and were pretty pricey).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

I didn't even think about pairs.  I have singles and feel like they take up a lot of space (and were pretty pricey).

Yeah, two bell movements are pretty awesome. My favorite is clean and press with two bells. When I was really into them, I was doing two bell Turkish getups. Those are very demanding on mobility (hip, shoulder, thoracic spine). 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Douglas Carney said:

17 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

Yeah, two bell movements are pretty awesome. My favorite is clean and press with two bells. When I was really into them, I was doing two bell Turkish getups. Those are very demanding on mobility (hip, shoulder, thoracic spine). 

Titan sells an adjustable comp kettlebell and I can get two for $319.. Not sure if tax is included.  But still, and I bet I can get a coupon.. Only catch is they are out of stock right now.

Clean and Press and two bell TGU are the sort of movements I'd like to start incorporating. 

This morning just 5000m on the rower and some stretching. 

• Like 2

This morning.

Grippers 20mm set block

Left hand Standard Silver 

4 sets of 1

Right Hand COC 1.5

1,miss,1,1,1

Vulcan

Left 5/6x2 6/6x0 6/5x1 6/5x0 5/5x2

Right 5/6x2 6/6x0 6/5x0  5/5x2 5/6x0

Dropped down to Silver Standard gripper for my left.. 

My right hand died again like it did on Saturday.  The Vulcan, 5/5 is pretty easy, notches 5/6 and up, setting it I just haven't got down pat yet. But I will

100kbs swings 10 TGU

Strandpulling Front press, back press, ohp, pull downs 10,8,6,4,2 rep scheme

Weighted calisthenics.

Except for grip I'm doing everything at a fast pace to keep workout time down and heart rate up... and I'm going to do alternate  A-B-A one week B-A-B with different movements.

Can't wait for those loadable competition KBS to be in stock again 

• Like 4

Just for fun at the garage this morning 

4 negatives with my baby inch and 2 negs with full size inch each hand

Doing these lifts on a concrete floor and a thick mat felt much better than doing it on a pallet. 

• Like 5

Ilike just for fun workouts

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Knowlton said:

Ilike just for fun workouts

I can’t wait to set my gym up in the garage.

next step is go to the local arm wrestling club and hopefully make friends with some people interested in grip to train with. 

There’s always cold beer and the best pizza and steak tips right across the street 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Blacksmith513 said:

I can’t wait to set my gym up in the garage.

For organization purposes, I suggest you get some pegboard or, even better, something like Wall Control or Omniwall. Less clutter means more room for lifting and quicker workouts. 

I also just picked one of these up, and I’m loving it so far: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Muscle-Rack-Metal-Heavy-Duty-5-Tier-Utility-Shelving-Unit-36-in-W-x-18-in-D-x-72-in-H-Black/5014872281?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-dcr-_-ggl-_-CRP_SHP_LIA_DCR_Online_C-D-_-5014872281-_-local-_-0-_-0&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD2B2W9YY7pyFeWyYsZW7C-vwrpbv&gclid=CjwKCAjw3P-2BhAEEiwA3yPhwJlRkWc_J0Fu-Fb1ETYAfT-8qBOcUlMSHlvS8-3DOppXyEZj-1OfIRoC344QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Each shelf can fit 8 competition-size kettlebells. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, DoctorOfCrush said:

For organization purposes, I suggest you get some pegboard or, even better, something like Wall Control or Omniwall. Less clutter means more room for lifting and quicker workouts. 

I also just picked one of these up, and I’m loving it so far: https://www.lowes.com/pd/Muscle-Rack-Metal-Heavy-Duty-5-Tier-Utility-Shelving-Unit-36-in-W-x-18-in-D-x-72-in-H-Black/5014872281?cm_mmc=shp-_-c-_-prd-_-dcr-_-ggl-_-CRP_SHP_LIA_DCR_Online_C-D-_-5014872281-_-local-_-0-_-0&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAAD2B2W9YY7pyFeWyYsZW7C-vwrpbv&gclid=CjwKCAjw3P-2BhAEEiwA3yPhwJlRkWc_J0Fu-Fb1ETYAfT-8qBOcUlMSHlvS8-3DOppXyEZj-1OfIRoC344QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Each shelf can fit 8 competition-size kettlebells. 

I will have to pick up something like this. Less clutter is always a good thing.

Spent some time doing yard work tonight. 30 minutes of stretching  then did a bunch of foam rolling and massaging my arms with the rolflex. Hands are pretty beat lately.

Used this "scoop" today my friend fabricated.. used for digging footings..  I think I should put a couple rolling handles on it and make it a grip exercise. 

IMG_7454.thumb.jpeg.c476f9af2a30d3658b09bccd6d77ad3b.jpeg

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 2

This morning

Kettlebell Squat and OHP 3x5 each side

Plate Curls 

22.5x3 21.5x3 21x3 both hands

Plate curl Negs

25x1 3 sets both hands

Wrist Plate Curls

17.5x3 16x3 15x3 both hands

Wrist plate curls and plate curls are now being performed with vise grips on end, so weight it lower but its challenging in different way

Stand pulling 6 different pulls and Chest Krusher 10,8,6,4,2

Weighted rows and push ups 10,8,6,4,2

cool down

Bent 1 60d... 

My hands and forearms are absolutely fried from last couple weeks of work. They feel how I used to feel after a heavy bending session, almost like they are bruised  

Edited by Blacksmith513
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, John Knowlton said:

NICE WORKOUT TODAY

Happy Thursday

Happy Thursday is right.IMG_2922.thumb.jpeg.5fc17115e17237a6a63bddd67bfd9aa1.jpeg

• Like 2

I JUST MADE THIS MY SCREENSAVER

image.jpg

Edited by John Knowlton
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, John Knowlton said:

I JUST MADE THIS MY SCREENSAVER

image.jpg

You just made my day also!

• Like 2

Last night 10 minute walk and 30 minutes of yoga

this morning a slow pace 4000m on the rower...  Nailed my elbow on the back of the dump truck yesterday, and my knee on the wheelbarrow the day before and they are both pretty sore. Should be fine once the swelling goes down..

people where really impressed with the inch bells at the garage, one tried lifting the baby inch with two hands and couldn't even do that though. One dude thought It came off a crane.

• Like 3