Grade 5 Bolt?

Gripper42004

Of who we know how many people can "u" a grade 5 1/4in. x 6in. bolt?

I would guess less than 10 people can do it,but I could be wrong.

I have bent 6 grade 5 1/4in. X 6in. bolts into a U shape so far. I bent my first one last week. I then bent 2 on Monday of this week, 1 on Tuesday, and 2 more today. I think I am going to take the rest of the week off of bending until Saturday because my hands are pretty well toasted. By the way I do have myself bending a grade 5 1/4in. x 6in. bolt into a U on video. I tried bending a grade 8 1/4in. x 6in. bolt into a U this morning and I put a decent kink in it. :rock

Razorman, A grade 5 bolt will have 3 lines on it's head, it will also read JH on the head. A grade 8 bolt has 6 lines on it's head and they are usually a different color than silver. I have seen two different brands of grade 8 bolts one brand is gold colored and the other brand is almost black. :rock

The bolt I have here has BL 307A written on it.

Any clues?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it's just I'd love to know how to gague strengths of materials before buying them.

You can get a metal bending chart at http://home.insight.rr.com/strongman/index.html, when you get to the home page click on bending steel and get the chart that is ordered by yeild strength. I do not think that the strengths listed are exact but they are darn close. :rock

The bolt I have here has BL 307A written on it.

Any clues?

Sorry if this is the wrong forum, it's just I'd love to know how to gague strengths of materials before buying them.

If the bolt is without lines on its head, it's a grade 2 (the easiest).

Hey,Tommy

I have just recently bent,for the first time,a grade 5 bolt 1/4"x 6" A few weeks ago.I took a little bit of a break from bending these past few weeks due to the fact of real bad soreness in my ligs.I also did some scrolling with some 1/2"x 1/2"x4ft square stock that same week.Got 2 full circles out each of the 6 of that I scrolled.

:bow he is a mighty God!!!

Edited by pexter

and i though that my grade two was hard :blush

• 5 years later...

This is a nice blast from the past. Shows you how far the board as a whole has come in just 6 years. Where will the records be in another 6?

This is a nice blast from the past. Shows you how far the board as a whole has come in just 6 years. Where will the records be in another 6?

That's interesting. Glad you dug it up.

This is a classic! :rock Reminds me of the post I read by Gazza asking about getting from the Grade 8 to the Red. Bending has made huge leaps in the past few years.

We all have to start somewhere i can well remember getting my 1st g5s and g8s off of PAT and then busting a bollock to bend it :D the g5 but at the end of the day im still amazed that the human body can at times be stronger than steel :D

People say bolts and steel etc cannot or should not be bent by human hands sometimes you just have to prove otherwise :D