Dave Morton, Level 1

Bill Piche

Congrats Dave!

Well let me see if I can describe the day. First of all dave was working the day of his certification. His co-workers took some time out of there obviously busy schedule to come help out and cheer dave on. He really didn't need much help though as he snapped the MM shut like I do a #2. He kept asking the cameramen "did ya get it,did ya get it" and even after they said "yes" he still held it shut for several seconds. I wish I had recorded more because some of the best stuff he did was after I turned the camera off. I was so caught up in being a spectator that I only recorded a couple of his feats. He kept snapping the MM shut with a very audible "click". He said he wanted to make very sure that I saw him close it(showing off ) so he closed it for 3 reps in a row. Occasionaly while he was resting between bending he would just pick up the MM and grind the handles for me. All in all he probably closed it around 9 or 10 times. After that he started doing some strapholds with the MM just for fun. He picked up a motor that weighed around 20-25 lbs. by the cord. Since that came up easy he added more stuff until it felt like it was around 30-35 lbs. and still picked it up easily. He had run out of junk to hook to the motor so he started bending. Now this was what I wanted to see. He bent some 60d nails and then made me a short chain out of 60d nails to bring home. He bent a grade 5 bolt and then started looking for other things around the workshop to tear up. When he couldn't find anything else to destroy he asked me if I wanted to see a #4 close. Now if I had done this much grip work I would be ready to soak my hands in some hot water and eat a handful of aspirin. I thought at first he was joking until he picked up his #4 and closed it. I was floored. I couldn't believe he still had anything left in him. I asked if that was the gripper he certified on and he said " nah this one is a little harder". After that we talked about some stuff like meeting John Brookfield and he admitted to being very nervous about trying the MM. I joked with him about showing off but he is really very modest , but if he decides to show off he can most definitely back it up. Congratulations dave. :rock

What can you say?? Awesome work big guy. :bow

Just awesome!! :rock

Now U the red!! :rock

Good Grief! :ohmy

This combo of 'events' is just amazing.

WOW! :rock

I'm stunned.Way to go Dave.

What a huge series of huge feats!

maybe?this series of events-done during a certification- is the 'feat'(s)of the year.

A thread started by Old Guy a while back

Just fantastic Dave.Amazing.

BTW...great report Savagewood!Very exciting stuff. :bow:bow:bow:bow:bow

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Wow. Closing it for reps impresses me alot.

Definitely. Ya see, Jeff's given this baby a test himself so it's great when we have consistent a "marker" of crush like this. :rock

I think by far the most impressive thing Dave did was close a #4 after all the other stuff he had already done.

i appreciate the kind words. im kinda dissapointed i dint git more reps, even tho im not a repper, but i was gittin wore down by then. too mcuh too close together. i did miss it tryin to no set it, but agian, shoulda tryed it it sooner. and the 4 was a fluke, like i told him, i was surpirsed, ive cut back on grippers and havnt gotton a good close on it in a couple workouts.

nice meetin terry and his wife agian, next time well have to have more time, and food handy :)

The tapes and gripper arrived today. I will process this weekend. :)

Impressive! But then everything Dave does is impressive!

First VHS tape reviewed. The set is not seen on tape -- missed completely!

And, the gripper handles together are not seen. Dave's hand covers it up due to the angle.

Thank goodness the 8mm is a good taping! :D

This is a heads up everyone! The video MUST be good and show the set and the close CLEARLY. Without the clear video, the cert is no good. Both a witness and the video are required!

So, make sure you either have redundancy for the video (more than one going) or what's needed for the taping very clear to the video person. If they aren't experienced, a "warmup" video take with a trainer might be prudent and reviewing it before the cert video is shot.

I should have the works completed this weekend for the site.

Yeah my wife was doing the taping on the VHS. I had tried to explain how it should go on the ride over but she thought as long as she got his hand that was O.K. I had wanted to do a dry run but when I got there everything moved so fast it just never crossed anybodies mind I guess. I am just glad we had the foresight to run 2 camcorders.

I am just glad we had the foresight to run 2 camcorders.

Me too. A good positive came out though yet again to iron out some minor potential bugs in the system.