Difw Record Controversy

joelsward

Richard, when did I become knighted? Any benefits? I already sit at a round table,

and am becoming round myself!

We cannot demand proof in a form that did not exist at the time the feat was

purportedly done. Frankly, I have doubts about many of the oldtime lifts, but we

must deal with the info at hand, and accept some on faith and reject some based

on comparative evidence. [Ahrens one arm side press for reps with 375 lbs, for

example]

We cannot change the past, but hopefully can structure the current attempts in such a manner that future students of the game will not have to accept matters on

faith.

Please clear any future communication with me through my castle secretary, Lady

Godiva. :tongue

Does the rule #4 apply to comments made by men of history such as Sir Roark? So, we shall never speak of events and feats of world class grip that were now supposedly done prior to video? I don't recall lifting or throwing in any national meet that a record or win required more than qualified judges. I think Oldtimer hit it on the head about a real person hopefully with a grip/strength backround would be harder to fool than a video camera.Also, consider a world record n ANY sport is NOT an easiy repeatable feat but a moment in time when all came together... Just some passing thoughts..............RS

I think a qualified witness and video (actually multiple qualified witnesses) leaves no doubt and documents the feat. Technology is now here to enable us to document feats done now for those in the future to view.