Who Has Closed The Super Elite?

Clay Edgin

Clay has provided proof he closed the Silver Elite. He closed mine. I saw it, and Mike Wayne saw it. The picture isn't the best, but as good as some. The gripper is now in his possession so he can improve on the picture. For all intents and purposes though, two COC's who had never met him before is plenty of proof (and we don't like him :tongue ).

Edited by Gorilla Hands

If I answered that, this thread would have to be locked ;) . You know.....garages are poor witnesses :whistel . Besides I'm too busy making pizza deliveries :laugh . Stay strong Amaury :D .

Funny, but the Silver Elite that Heath closes in the video has a deep set spring of .292. I guess these things were always all over the map.

I won't lock it in this case because I believe they are all over the map. Hence why we have the Mash Monster "Elite" status gripper primed and ready as soon as all in order logistics wise and the logo, etc.

Video proof will be required and it witnessed. A new standard for sure supported by the grip community we have established here. :)

To clarify: Clay took his .295" black spring elite and closed it easy. Mike took his .295" black spring elite also (don't know if he closed that one, said it was real tough). I took my .285" chrome plated spring elite and Clay closed it. Spring is set deep on this one with wide spread. Hope this adds to the confusion.

Edited by Gorilla Hands

After seeing the film clip of Clay doing the 300#farmers-with 2 inch handles-and reading about this I'd vote Clay as 'most improved'gripper. :D Seriously...he's making exceptional progress.

After seeing the film clip of Clay doing the 300#farmers-with 2 inch handles-and reading about this I'd vote Clay as 'most improved'gripper. :D Seriously...he's making exceptional progress.

I don't know about most improved. Didn't he close his #3 right out of the bag?

It seems to me that he is more like Dave Morton and started at a very high level of crushing strength.

RSW,yes Dave has made fantastic progress also.he's a bit more secretive though :cool

They will both make their mark in the sport/activity.BOTH relative 'newbies'too.... Just getting started in 'gripping'...in what?the last 6?-7?-8? months or so?

Edited by Tom of Iowa2

Thanks Tom. Though I'm not sure if I started with a higher level of strength or how it happened. You don't generally get stronger by being a secretary like me. Some of it may be due to having worked metal as a hobby for a couple years on and off.

Dave is on a whole other level waaaay up here in terms of strength. It's inspiring to look at his photos and videos!

John Wood,

I changed my routine right in the middle of training for it... and my strength IMMEDIATELY went south. :( I am currently building it back... but it's slow going for now. Double bummer. :(:(