Finally Closed The # 2

tmmicklabs

I still havent figured out how to set the grippers yet :blush

Everything I do is a no-set.

Is this a strength or technique issue? If you require a deep set, a strong pinch is an asset. I push the lower handle of the gripper into my palm with my left thumb to hold the handle in place. I then fully bend my left forefinger and use its second segment to push down on the very end of the gripper, while I wiggle my right fingers into position around the handle. This technique allows me to get the deep set I like with my #3, with no problem.

Eric,

Thank you for the advice. I tried your technique but it did not work for me.

I could not even close the trainer after I got it set :blink

If someone wants to email me a video of how to "set" a gripper it would be much appreciated. My email addy is tmmicklabs@mwgl.org

btw...My hands are quite short compared to most of the guys on this board.

7.5 inches from the wristline to the tip of my middle finger.

My hands are also 7.5 and I use a differnt technique than most on this board. I put my middle finger of my left hand through the spring and try and almost cheat close the gripper (sometimes I even brace my left hand against my left leg) . I focus on setting my pinkie in the proper position at the end of the gripper. I am going to try eric's method when I get home but so far I have never been able to get a good set by squeezing the bottom of the gripper with my other hand like most do here.

Job well done!!! :rock:rock I am as impressed with your dedication as with the actual feat! :rock It feels good to knock off a new gripper, now set your sites on the next target and slam it shut! Mike

If someone wants to email me a video of how to "set" a gripper it would be much appreciated.

There are plenty of gripper setting techniques in the movie forum.

You need to find what will work for you, by the way. For me, I set the gripper differently depending on which hand is setting and which is closing.

Eric is right, a good pinch will help you out on this IMO.

-Jedd-