Jesse Murray

Bill Piche

Jesse,

How tall are you and what's your bodyweight? That is amazing!! Good job!! :D

David

I was very impressed by his 100+ lb. pinch grip, 640 lb. dyno, and 484 lb. dinnie lift. I think if anyone has been overlooked, its him. Surely he must have trained hard for those lifts?

Looking back over my training I know I could be farther along than I am now, but as a 17 year old I also understand that there is more to life than training. I never lose sight of it and I try and do something almost everyday but that isn't always enough to progress. For the past 4 months I've basically just been maintaining because there are just too many things to do (I've moved twice in that time) so I can understand where Jason is coming from. Right now my life is almost back in order and I feel the hunger for progress.

I'm a shade under 6' and around 225 lbs.

The more focused and stable one's life is-the more focused and stable one's training is.

I understand completely David. My step-son Derek went from being able to barely close the #1 to mashing my PDA 387 and being a credit card away on the #3 in 3 weeks of training. But-as you have said-most 17 year olds are lazy and he is the ultimate in laziness. Big Steve can vouch for me that if Derek would have continued to train-he would have been certified by now and be handling the Blob as well-maybe even the Inch as his hands are over 8"! :ohmy Even now without haing trained his grip AT ALL in months he can still close a cut #2 really easy, pick up my 37.5 pound Blob, hoist a 120-pound anvil by the horn, and hub lift a 45.

He is playing football right now and it has leaned him up from 215 to now 180. He is used to working all day long so when the season is over-hopefully I can get him back to focusing on his grip and hopefully have him achieving some of these milestones in grip-before graduating high school.

The sky is the limit for these kids. Its our job to show them what is available-but to never force it on them.

Good luck-

Rick Walker :rock

Let's see, 17 year old distractions.

1. Nights out.

2. Girls.

3. School, college, then university.

4. Work. Yes he's been working 4-5 days a week for the last few weeks.

5. Sleeping time. Lots.

6. Eating time. Lots!

7. Time on his computer.

8. Television time.

In fact he's so busy, no wonder he misses some training sessions! :yikes

David

Rick what make of 45 lb plate has Derek hublifted. Do you have any pics of the plate so I can see what the hub looks like? I have for a while been trying to find plates suitable for hub lifts.

I have no idea-it was one of Tommys. No pictures-but it was on one of the videos I sent to Bill-the one when Tommy and Steve were here. Dont know why it wasnt cut and posted.

Rick Walker :rock

I have it on video. 45hub. He was doing well with the #3 when he was focused.

I cut a lot of clips. I am almost certain I did post it in the gallery. Then again, there was a huge amount I clipped.

Very impressive keep up the good work.

Edited by thomas straub