CoC№3.5 CCS reps Valery Tolstyh

Kashtan

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

No, you have to go through the levels in order without skipping.  There has never been an occurrence of anyone skipping a level or even doing more than one level at once. 

This is correct. This is no skipping levels.

28 minutes ago, Joseph Sullivan said:

I think it’s crazy how much they can vary. One can have an “easier” cert than another. That could mean the difference between success and failure on that day. Oh well! Nature of the beast I suppose.

ya, a CCS close around the mid 180s is tough. My plan is to sign up when I can close my 180 for a couple CCS singles a session.  

2 minutes ago, Chez said:

ya, a CCS close around the mid 180s is tough. My plan is to sign up when I can close my 180 for a couple CCS singles a session.  

Yea man always try when ya know when you can close the harder ends of the scale. Then you will be covered.

1 hour ago, Cannon said:

his is true.  I think Vano also had trouble with this.  He had to maintain such a high level for so long. 

I agree with this. My gripper peak was this past fall and I tried to stay there but I couldn't. My CNS was fried and my hands were getting beat up. I had to step back and deload. I'm ramping up again right now for the summer. I feel this is better way is to do it in cycles when you get up to really tough grippers. I'm trying this strategy now. Peaking for the right time. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Alawadhi said:

True. Assuming this is an average #3.5. Now I am being logical. There was a guy who TNSed a #3.5 12 times or so. But failed his #3.5 cert. It is because his 3.5 was very easy (not easy but comparing to other three's.5 it was). He never certed on the 3.5. Valery is strong enought even for the MMG7. Don't know about the 8 but I believe he can. And I believe this three . 5 he is closing is an average one based on how easily he did the MMG1.

13 hours ago, Cannon said:

Teemu I. 

Halloooo I bims :-)    <-- german teen slang...hm but i'm 36yo xD

Teemu did 12 mms reps on a 3.5. He TNSd it 1x. I think there is only Gabriel and Teemu who TNSd a No. 3.5 but there is no person in the world who did 12 tns reps. Maybe a cyborg. :-) I believe anybody who can tns 12 times a 3.5 can EASILY Cert the No.4.

Ratings are OK when your goal is to cert a Number 3. Newbies don't have much knowledge and it is nice to know that there are same gripper with different strength. I'm going to cert Number 3.5 without rating. Just buy a few 3.5 and do some reps. Maybe mms a 4 or GHP9 ;) Because it is REALLY important to CCS a brand new gripper. The feeling is way diferent for your head and your stength because you dont know what you get.  @Chez is right. You have to do at least 3 or 5 continous ccs reps with every 3 or 3.5 you have until you can cert. otherwise it is a matter of luck.

don't give too much on ratings because the lowest and highest are statistical outliers. The average number +/- a few lb is what counts. 

Grip On
Marco

Edited by MarcoBuhl

1 hour ago, MarcoBuhl said:

Teemu did 12 mms reps on a 3.5. He TNSd it 1x. I think there is only Gabriel and Teemu who TNSd a No. 3.5 but there is no person in the world who did 12 tns reps. Maybe a cyborg. :-) I believe anybody who can tns 12 times a 3.5 can EASILY Cert the No.4.

+ Morgan Choi TNS x 2 reps 174 RGC.

• Like 1

Saw this vid on the youtubes.  Just crazy wide set power.  Best of strength when the formality of the cert happens.

10 hours ago, MarcoBuhl said:

Halloooo I bims :-)    <-- german teen slang...hm but i'm 36yo xD

Ratings are OK when your goal is to cert a Number 3. Newbies don't have much knowledge and it is nice to know that there are same gripper with different strength. I'm going to cert Number 3.5 without rating. Just buy a few 3.5 and do some reps. Maybe mms a 4 or GHP9 ;) Because it is REALLY important to CCS a brand new gripper. The feeling is way diferent for your head and your stength because you dont know what you get.  @Chez is right. You have to do at least 3 or 5 continous ccs reps with every 3 or 3.5 you have until you can cert. otherwise it is a matter of luck.

don't give too much on ratings because the lowest and highest are statistical outliers. The average number +/- a few lb is what counts. 

Grip On
Marco

For some reasons I always remember it as a TNS?! And he did hold the #3 closed with the last two fingers (now I checked his YouTube video it was MMS, still wow). This also shows that some 3.5's can be average, really easy, really bad@$$. Morgan did two TNS on the 3.5 and the big Italian dude cancrusher TNSed a gripper in the 170's and two finger closed it.

Edited by Alawadhi